UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Starting your own BJJ Brand. Ask me anything.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
2/21/13 12:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
On the Mat
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like everywhere I go people asking about making gis, rash guards or fight shorts. We started back in 1996 and have helped start a lot of new brands and also helped out established brands with their gis and gear.

If anyone is looking to start a new brand or has a brand and has questions please let me know. Ill do my best to answer your questions here.
2/21/13 12:50 AM
powerbombu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really want to start a company but how much would it run to create my own original shorts. I mean fighting shorts.

To fight in. With a cool ass design, so when they know they step to powerbomb they will get bombed on.

serious question.
2/21/13 12:58 AM
smth416
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love OTM. Hope this thread gets attention. Phone Post
2/21/13 12:59 AM
BJJHUSH

I've always wanted to design my own fight shirt...always had this idea design but never put it on paper....or shirt
2/21/13 1:03 AM
KingGo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

powerbombu - I don't really want to start a company but how much would it run to create my own original shorts. I mean fighting shorts.

To fight in. With a cool ass design, so when they know they step to powerbomb they will get bombed on.

serious question.
In for an answer to this Phone Post
2/21/13 1:06 AM
BillDaughtreive
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In early Phone Post
2/21/13 1:23 AM
Gumby
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OTM has been involved with some/all of the biggest brands over the years, and helped plenty of them launch. Off the top of my head:

Tapout: Ran with those guys for years, provided them with their first advertising venue (website and AP video)

Sambazon (Acai company): Provided them with their first advertising, (swapped for Acai, lol)

Brainquicken: Tim Ferris (4 hour guru)'s original company

Crossfit: Back when they had one gym, we shot/release their first video. We're still linked on Crossfit's original site

Shoyoroll (Scotty hooked them up with their first gi manufacturer)

UFC (Back when they were small enough to swap tickets for publicity)

Not to mention OTM, BTF, Lucky Gi among others.
2/21/13 1:27 AM
Galanis
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OTM is the shit... anyone who knows... knows this

Honestly wish I had the funds because some of the ideas I have definitely seem like they'd work out (in m mind anyway, but I'm sure everyone thinks that way)

2/21/13 3:28 AM
Easytarget
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If i have a logo and some ideas for a gi,

Do i need to go overseas to india/china/pakistan to select materials?

How do i go about finding a manufacturer that will help me make prototypes?

Do factories only take large orders?

Thanks...
2/21/13 5:48 AM
The Swinging Richard
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/21/13 6:14 AM
BjjHappaBoi
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/21/13 8:29 AM
Stephen Eakin
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes AMA thread right before bed. East coast is up early? Vtfd

Kidding Phone Post
2/21/13 9:15 AM
DeuceDroppin

Pitbulls, skulls, tribal, any combination, or all? Phone Post
2/21/13 9:18 AM
On the Mat
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owner, On the Mat
powerbombu - I don't really want to start a company but how much would it run to create my own original shorts. I mean fighting shorts.

serious question.

We charge $75 to do a full custom pair of shorts with up to 5 logos on the shorts. Check out this page and if it doesnt answer all your questions hit me back up.

http://builttofight.com/blog/custom-mma-shorts-design-your-own/
2/21/13 9:19 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
smth416 -  Love OTM. Hope this thread gets attention. Phone Post

Thanks!!
2/21/13 9:21 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
BJJHUSH - I've always wanted to design my own fight shirt...always had this idea design but never put it on paper....or shirt

BJJHUSH I suggest using fiverr.com to get a designer to make the logo or design in whats called vector format. Then you can have them mock it up on on a tshirt exactly the way you like it. Once you get your design you can contact a local silk screen printer to print the shirts. Or contact us and we can print them for you.
2/21/13 9:22 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
sickdarce -  OTM,
WHY do you guys have such a limited selection of kids rash guards? Why don't you make more designs? Phone Post

sickdarce good question. just get busy with other stuff i guess. no real good reason. if you got some good ideas let me know and we can work something out. :)
2/21/13 9:25 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
Galanis - 

OTM is the shit... anyone who knows... knows this

Honestly wish I had the funds because some of the ideas I have definitely seem like they'd work out (in m mind anyway, but I'm sure everyone thinks that way)

Galanis, you can start pretty cheap you'd be surprised. Gumby and I started with just our credit cards. Seems like the people that come in with a ton of money blow it and then give up. when you grow it organically it works better.
2/21/13 9:29 AM
andygrahn

OTM is awesome! When our coach (Greg Nelson) had cancer in 2002, Gumby flew out to our benefit tournament to film and support the tourney.

Props!
2/21/13 9:33 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
Easytarget - If i have a logo and some ideas for a gi,

Do i need to go overseas to india/china/pakistan to select materials?

How do i go about finding a manufacturer that will help me make prototypes?

Do factories only take large orders?

Thanks...

Easytarget it all starts with an idea! :)

You do not need to go overseas but it does make the process faster. However going to Pakistan can be pretty dangerous if you havent heard my story of almost getting kidnapped. I talked about it on open mat radio interview.

Any manufacturer will make you samples. Some charge for them, the better factories do. But not all. Nowadays there are so many Paki factories trying to make gis you can get a few places to make samples for free.

China is much safer but to work in china you need to hire an agent.

You can start on http://www.alibaba.com but some of those companies are straight up scams.

Depends what you call a large order? Some places will go as low as 50 maybe less.
2/21/13 9:36 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
Stephen Eakin -  Makes AMA thread right before bed. East coast is up early? Vtfd

Kidding Phone Post

Stephen I have been plagued with insomnia since i was in my 20s. I sleep when I can and work the rest of the time. Last night about 3 or 4 hours.
2/21/13 9:37 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
DeuceDroppin -  Pitbulls, skulls, tribal, any combination, or all? Phone Post

DeuceDroppin - you'd be surprised at how those themes never stop selling LOL
2/21/13 9:37 AM
Hywel Teague
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
In for some OTM knowledge.

These guys are old-school awesome. The long list of people they've supported includes us too, they VERY generously helped sponsor the BJJ Hacks documentary "Red Belts: Grand Masters of BJJ", currently in production.

Actually, tbh without the old OTM VHS tapes like Mat Burn, Dengue Fever and Scar Tissue, we'd probably not even be doing what we're doing. So huge props to Scotty and co, their influence and contribution to BJJ is immeasurable.
2/21/13 10:05 AM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking at getting some children's clothing going (not MMA related) and was wondering how do I find a good manufacturer? Can I get something in the US that isn't ridiculously expensive? What countries should I be looking at for high quality, soft t shirts for toddlers?

Thanks man. I appreciate any and all help.
2/21/13 10:12 AM
DeuceDroppin

On the Mat -
DeuceDroppin -  Pitbulls, skulls, tribal, any combination, or all? Phone Post

DeuceDroppin - you'd be surprised at how those themes never stop selling LOL
Scary huh? Hey I actually have an idea and some connections that I would like to talk to you about. It involves a former huge name clothing line and some ideas. What's a good way to contact you or to send you my #? Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.