UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Starting your own BJJ Brand. Ask me anything.

2/21/13 8:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Easytarget
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the answers!
2/21/13 8:23 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kk Phone Post
2/21/13 9:08 PM
reagan123
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

S Phone Post
2/21/13 9:23 PM
Ray Elbe
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread!! Phone Post
2/21/13 9:30 PM
Smorgle

INteresting Phone Post
2/21/13 9:31 PM
puppet
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking for a design intern? Phone Post
2/21/13 9:54 PM
HELWIG

Serious question, since you said "ask me anything":

Is it true that the early crew involved with "On the Mat" was made up of guys from the local bisexual scene?

Ive heard that from a few different unrelated people over the years.

If true, were these guys who were also genuinely into grappling for legit reasons or was there some questionable cross-over appeal?

2/21/13 10:56 PM
On the Mat
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owner, On the Mat
Krs10KO.com - 

OTM- 

I just checked out your site and you've got some great stuff!! I think i may order something. But I have a question you may or may not be able to help me with. I'm raising money for Tap Cancer Out, a nonprofit organization that raises money for cancer orgs on behalf of the BJJ and grappling community. Would you guys ever consider donating any items that I could raffle off?? If youre interested PM me, I can give you more info. Thanks!!! 

Krs10KO, Sorry I missed this before. I think we have donated some stuff to your cause before and yes we would be willing to send you some stuff. Please email me. scott at on the mat dot com.
2/21/13 11:02 PM
On the Mat
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owner, On the Mat
DaddyRice -  If you had to start all over today, without any of your contacts/connections, how would you market your brand? Phone Post

DaddyRice, the same way Gumby and I did back in the day. Go to as many events as you can meet as many people as you can and make connections. It is all about who you know.

Best way to market your brand unless you got a ton of $$$ is just get out there and let people get their hands on it. Make the best product you can and let people use and try it. Today it is much easier then before. More events, more people doing BJJ and its much easier to get the word out. Start a pod cast, youtube channel, build a word press site. All easy and free to do.

Make sure you trademark you brand asap! Long time ago I almost lost OTM when we had a trademark issue. If you need a good trademark guy here is mine. Josh Gerben, Esq. Tell him I referred you.
2/21/13 11:03 PM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
puppet -  Looking for a design intern? Phone Post

sure always! hit me up! scott at on the mat dot com!
2/21/13 11:06 PM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
HELWIG - 

Serious question, since you said "ask me anything":

Is it true that the early crew involved with "On the Mat" was made up of guys from the local bisexual scene?

Ive heard that from a few different unrelated people over the years.

If true, were these guys who were also genuinely into grappling for legit reasons or was there some questionable cross-over appeal?

HELWIG, wrong site. the site you been hanging out on is onthemats.com our site is onthemat.com check it out some time you might not like it as much as onthemats.com but we got some cool stuff on our site too. ;)
2/21/13 11:09 PM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
Easytarget - Thanks for the answers!

My Pleasure! For the sport to grow we need more quality companies to support athletes and events.
2/21/13 11:23 PM
CoreNobody
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the rash guards ,especially the longer ones,super comfy.
I want to get a few more from the site,also some other stuff,but it seems to always be in back order ..........
Example-I've never seen the Still Rollin rashie in stock (xlarge) ever.

How often do you guys restock? Phone Post
2/22/13 1:00 AM
Fracture
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/22/13 7:52 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
CoreNobody -  I love the rash guards ,especially the longer ones,super comfy.
I want to get a few more from the site,also some other stuff,but it seems to always be in back order ..........

CoreNobody, thats an old rash guard. We havent made it in a while but we could if you really want one email me. thanks
2/22/13 8:19 AM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OTM - are u ever gonna release the Jeff Glover Simpsons t-shirt? Purleees Phone Post
2/22/13 8:29 AM
CoreNobody
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the Mat -
CoreNobody -  I love the rash guards ,especially the longer ones,super comfy.

CoreNobody, thats an old rash guard. We havent made it in a while but we could if you really want one email me. thanks
I do,and I will Phone Post
2/22/13 11:18 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
GreatCornholio - Great thread!

GreatCornholio - Hespect!
2/22/13 11:27 AM
oldwrestler
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
2/22/13 11:51 AM
Dana Van Gogh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't see a question about making a rash guard line. Where can you get a large amount of rash guards made for a brand I'm starting ? Phone Post
2/22/13 12:53 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the Mat -
Krs10KO.com - 

OTM- 

I just checked out your site and you've got some great stuff!! I think i may order something. But I have a question you may or may not be able to help me with. I'm raising money for Tap Cancer Out, a nonprofit organization that raises money for cancer orgs on behalf of the BJJ and grappling community. Would you guys ever consider donating any items that I could raffle off?? If youre interested PM me, I can give you more info. Thanks!!! 

Krs10KO, Sorry I missed this before. I think we have donated some stuff to your cause before and yes we would be willing to send you some stuff. Please email me. scott at on the mat dot com.
Thank you! I'll be emailing you today at some point. Thanks!! Phone Post
2/22/13 1:46 PM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
Dana Van Gogh -  I didn't see a question about making a rash guard line. Where can you get a large amount of rash guards made for a brand I'm starting ? Phone Post

Dane Van Gogh, Rash Guards are very tricky. There are some places in the US you can get blank rash guards but they are surfing based stuff. So they are short in the body and the necks tend to be tall and too tight.

You can get them made over seas in China, Pakistan, or Brazil. Brazil has the best Lycra in the world. So they have really good rash guards. However importing from Brazil can be very hard and the import & export taxes can change a lot. So it is hard because your costs can fluctuate fast.

After years of trying to make rash guards over seas I gave up and we now make then all here in LA. yes they do cost a bit more but the quality and the control you have makes up for it quickly. Once you loose it all on one or two batches of rash guards from over seas you'll understand that cheap is not always good.

So I cant recommend any one place to get a lot of rash guards because of my bad experiences. I suggest china over Pakistan or if you like I can quote you a price on bulk blank or printed rash guards just email me.
2/22/13 1:50 PM
TristanESP
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in.
2/22/13 2:51 PM
John Nic

This is a good opportunity for many. Sad that some have chosen to waste this opportunity by asking questions they could google for the answer or see it as an opportunity to be a smart ass. Phone Post
2/22/13 3:51 PM
er095

Good thread, thanks Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.