UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Starting your own BJJ Brand. Ask me anything.

8/11/13 5:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LankyFG
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/11/13 5:48 PM
Too late! I think Killer Bee Gis is working on the One-Offs.

Are you gonna call your group "Gi Gazillionaires"?
8/13/13 12:58 PM
On the Mat
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owner, On the Mat
Chester Davis - Does otm offer any kind of whole sale type of deals for supplying gis to an academy ? if so who would I need to contact about that ?

yes of course we do. email me scotty at on the mat dot com.
8/13/13 1:00 PM
On the Mat
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owner, On the Mat
LankyFG - Too late! I think Killer Bee Gis is working on the One-Offs.

Dam TOO LATE!!!! Killer Bee's on it! Hit them up for your one off custom gis!!

That name might be misleading cause you aint gonna make Gazillions on making gis. If you think you are going to get rich making gis your are going to be sorry.

if you are in love with BJJ and just want to follow your passions and make something cool for you and other people like you who like you then it will be fun.

But there is not a ton of money in gis. But some.
8/13/13 3:15 PM
LankyFG
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the Mat - 

That name might be misleading cause you aint gonna make Gazillions on making gis. If you think you are going to get rich making gis your are going to be sorry.

if you are in love with BJJ and just want to follow your passions and make something cool for you and other people like you who like you then it will be fun.

No doubt about the money, but going with the LI marketing, how many REAL millionaires do you think there are in MMA. Not as many as there are/were members in his group. But all this is better off in one of the other LI threads around here.

8/14/13 1:03 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
LankyFG - 
On the Mat - 

No doubt about the money, but going with the LI marketing, how many REAL millionaires do you think there are in MMA. Not as many as there are/were members in his group. But all this is better off in one of the other LI threads around here.

I dont really see your point? Im not telling anyone they are going to be millionaires? Im helping people get gis for their schools or brands. This thread is about saving money not getting rich. Maybe you should have read it before you chimed in.

As for how many Millionaires there are in MMA. A lot. Also depends on how you define millionaires. Made a million, worth a million, profit a million, or have a million in the bank?

The answer is there are a lot of them, shit we got a few billionaires in MMA.
8/14/13 2:41 AM
WillyMaunawili
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relevant Phone Post 3.0
8/14/13 10:48 AM
LankyFG

I didn't mean for things to go off on a tangent, I think my comment was taken the wrong way. I was just going off the LI marketing comment you made earlier, "Of course Im sure Ill be accused of using LI marketing for doing so."

I was just a making a joke and a play on words with the "Gi Gazillionaires / MMA Millionaires" comments.

This thread has been worth its weight in gold and I completely appreciate every single post over these 9 pages.

Sorry.
8/14/13 1:22 PM
The Principal
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^indeed; epic thread Phone Post 3.0
8/14/13 9:14 PM
WillyMaunawili
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relevant Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 7:30 PM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
LankyFG - I didn't mean for things to go off on a tangent, I think my comment was taken the wrong way. I was just going off the LI marketing comment you made earlier, "Of course Im sure Ill be accused of using LI marketing for doing so."

I was just a making a joke and a play on words with the "Gi Gazillionaires / MMA Millionaires" comments.

This thread has been worth its weight in gold and I completely appreciate every single post over these 9 pages.

Sorry.

Oh, sorry i guess i read it wrong :) MY BAD!!

Let me know if you got any other questions.
8/23/13 3:27 PM
hackett
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No questions, just a (belated) word of thanks for an awesome thread. Thank you!!!

10/2/13 11:57 PM
puffpuffpass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread!
I would also be interested in some kind of webinar or facebook group page.

10/30/13 1:54 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
How are you guys coming with your Gi brands? Anything new? Questions?
10/30/13 2:06 AM
El_Varaco
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

will have to backread a lot

thanks for doing this!
10/30/13 3:07 AM
El_Varaco
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok that was a lot to take in lol

anyway

I think I pretty much got the marketing and branding down, because of OTMs tips, and because it's also my job.

but I really want to start a BJJ brand here in South East Asia, figured there'd be a market here since BJJ (and MMA) is growing fast and someone making stuff from the region would definitely have an advantage.

Where do you suggest I start looking for manufacturers in Pakistan (or china)? Any websites I can look into or email?

My goal is really to start a brand that won't cost that much but still looks and performs great as the shoyorolls and atamas of the world, which might also get more people into BJJ as the cost of the gear is what intimidates a lot of folks.
10/31/13 11:06 PM
jleung
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/13 11:06 PM
Scotty, doing well! With your help and Chris's from Datsusara, I'm coming out with a hemp gi at the end of November.<br /><br />If anyone is interested in pre-ordering one, go here: http://www.flowkimonos.com/product/hemp-series-navy-blue<br /><br />THANKS SCOTTY!
11/1/13 4:31 PM
pheonix5
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thread. Thanks OTM.

11/1/13 7:05 PM
GB Dave Jr

That's a nice looking gi

Scotty, are there any plans to do an OTM gi in bamboo? I was looking at your techpak survey and saw that you seem to have quite a lot of options. How do the other fabrics such at hemp and bamboo workout with respect to the weights (gsm?)

I don't think these fabrics are "tournament legal" but I find their concept to be pretty interesting with respect to the anti microbial properties. I was doing to reading about them an apparently the fabrics may even loose quite a bit of that ability depending on how the crude material is isolated. Really cool stuff Phone Post 3.0
2/20/14 4:24 PM
On the Mat

GB Dave Jr - That's a nice looking gi

Scotty, are there any plans to do an OTM gi in bamboo? I was looking at your techpak survey and saw that you seem to have quite a lot of options. How do the other fabrics such at hemp and bamboo workout with respect to the weights (gsm?)

I don't think these fabrics are "tournament legal" but I find their concept to be pretty interesting with respect to the anti microbial properties. I was doing to reading about them an apparently the fabrics may even loose quite a bit of that ability depending on how the crude material is isolated. Really cool stuff Phone Post 3.0

Hey GB Dave Jr

I dont have any plans to make an OTM gi in hemp or bamboo right now but maybe soon. Once I get the costs down.

So far both Bamboo and hemp have been IBJJF legal. Not sure why they wouldnt be. But ya never know with them. I dont understand a lot of their rules.
2/20/14 4:30 PM
On the Mat

Hey everyone!

thanks for all the AWSOME feed back on this thread.  I finally got my act together and I am doing a FREE webinar on how to Launch Your Own BJJ Brand in 90 Days or Less!

I will cover some great material on here.  Easliy worth $100K. Would have saved me more than that with the mistakes and learning info.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

After you register.  I also put in a chance to talk to me personally about your Launching your BJJ Brand.

thanks,

Scotty

2/20/14 4:30 PM
On the Mat

Hey everyone!

thanks for all the AWSOME feed back on this thread.  I finally got my act together and I am doing a FREE webinar on how to Launch Your Own BJJ Brand in 90 Days or Less!

I will cover some great material on here.  Easliy worth $100K. Would have saved me more than that with the mistakes and learning info.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

After you register.  I also put in a chance to talk to me personally about your Launching your BJJ Brand.

thanks,

Scotty

2/20/14 6:34 PM
Meatgrinder
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA
already did through the email! Thanks.

Definitely want to get a custom rashguard...I want a meatgrinder logo but need to work on the pic and get it into vector format :-)
2/20/14 7:21 PM
On the Mat

Meatgrinder - already did through the email! Thanks.

Definitely want to get a custom rashguard...I want a meatgrinder logo but need to work on the pic and get it into vector format :-)

Great place to get your logo vectorized is fiverr.com
2/21/14 12:10 PM
GB Dave Jr

wanted to bump this thread in appreciation to Scotty for willingly sharing so much knowledge with us. Thanks!
2/22/14 12:04 AM
On the Mat

GB Dave Jr - wanted to bump this thread in appreciation to Scotty for willingly sharing so much knowledge with us. Thanks!

Thx Hommie. See you sunday Be ready

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.