UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tatame: Silva vs Weidman in talks for July 6 fight

2/21/13 10:33 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva will return to the Octagon on July 6, against Chris Weidman, two days after American Independence Day. The UFC usually holds a large events in that holiday week and, according to information obtained by TATAME, Black House managers Jorge Guimarães and Ed Soares are in negotiations for a fight on this date.

Contacted by TATAME, Chris Weidman's agent Dave Martin, confirmed that the UFC is interested in the fight for the Independence Day week, which should happen in Las Vegas. He said there have been initial contact to make the match, and Weidman waiting for a positive response from Zuffa.

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is 100% physically, and awaits the official announcement of his next fight, while meeting business commitments. His last performance took place at UFC Rio 3, when he knocked out Stephan Bonnar in a non-tile super fight without putting the title on the line.

The undefeated Weidman has not fought since his victory over Mark Munoz by knockout, and is coming off a shoulder injury.

Read entire article... (original Portuguese)

2/21/13 10:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva R2 Ko.

2/21/13 10:36 AM
King Mo fan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally Phone Post
2/21/13 10:37 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well rounded poster -  Goodnight sweet Weidman. Shh no tears, only dreams now Phone Post

Shattered dreams more like it :)
2/21/13 10:38 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait wait wait....

So the guy Anderson was said to be "ducking" is in fact Anderson's very next fight, and Anderson is in fact Weidman's very next fight after his "big win" as soon as he is able to fight again?

THIS IS SHOCKING TO ME.

2/21/13 10:45 AM
semtex0809
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

explodin - I give Anderson credit, it seems like he is going to take his ass beating like a man Phone Post
This ... Bt i have a feeling anderson will pull out Phone Post
2/21/13 10:46 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

explodin -  I give Anderson credit, it seems like he is going to take his ass beating like a man Phone Post

2/21/13 10:48 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what will you haters say when Anderson beats the shit out of this whiny kid?
2/21/13 10:49 AM
kinson

King Mo fan - Finally Phone Post
Yeah. Thanks a bunch for completly your left hand turn andy. Phone Post
2/21/13 10:50 AM
da Vinci 81
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Wait wait wait....

So the guy Anderson was said to be "ducking" is in fact Anderson's very next fight, and Anderson is in fact Weidman's very next fight after his "big win" as soon as he is able to fight again?

THIS IS SHOCKING TO ME.

Shocking?

You mean after turning the fight down once already, watching his preferred matches with bisping and rockhold get kaybashed, and having Evans lose, suddenly it's proof anderson will fight anyone when there was virtually no other choice for him but to accept this fight? Phone Post
2/21/13 10:53 AM
BrattMamley
1068 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/21/13 10:57 AM
TecHNieK

I think you guys are forgetting who Anderson Silva is and what hes done -____- Silva dodging!? lmao plz you guys said the same thing after Silva Sonnen I and look what he did to Sonnen in their 2nd fight so plz stfu about all this dodging talk
2/21/13 11:06 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

Wait wait wait....

THIS IS SHOCKING TO ME.

Shocking?

You mean after turning the fight down once already, watching his preferred matches with bisping and rockhold get kaybashed, and having Evans lose, suddenly it's proof anderson will fight anyone when there was virtually no other choice for him but to accept this fight? Phone Post

That's all well and good. But what does it come down to?

Anderson is fighting Weidman as soon as Weidman is ready. He will fight anyone. It should be obvious by now. You know you don't always have to be a hater ... just fyi
2/21/13 11:09 AM
MrNiceguy66

Silva by fireball. Haaadooken! Phone Post
2/21/13 11:13 AM
Card
2064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh please yes.

2/21/13 11:17 AM
caposa
1726 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but... but.. Anderson is ducking Weidman! How is this possible?

TEX4N32
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

nice.  the public backlash has worked! they couldnt run forever!

2/21/13 11:19 AM
R00STER
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really wanted to like Weidman, but I hope he gets KO'd so freakin bad now. Maybe one of those backbend KOs like was posted recently lol. Phone Post
2/21/13 11:21 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

Wait wait wait....

THIS IS SHOCKING TO ME.

Shocking?

lol...sadly this is true..the fanbois will trumpet this as another example of anderson accepting whoever the ufc puts in front of him with no complaints or qualms

2/21/13 11:22 AM
XxLiveBaitxX
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MentaL - 

Silva R2 Ko.

How did Rob Kardashian get a title shot?
2/21/13 11:29 AM
da Vinci 81

in_different -
da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

Wait wait wait....

THIS IS SHOCKING TO ME.

Shocking?

Anderson is fighting Weidman as soon as Weidman is ready. He will fight anyone. It should be obvious by now. You know you don't always have to be a hater ... just fyi
He wouldn't fight him last fall when they were both ready though, fyi. Phone Post
2/21/13 11:36 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
in_different -
da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

Wait wait wait....

THIS IS SHOCKING TO ME.

Shocking?

He wouldn't fight him last fall when they were both ready though, fyi. Phone Post

Absolutely. But if you were in his position, an you had the option of waiting for a different credible opponent (provided they win) and you could make millions more fighting that opponent.

And you didn't even decide to wait for other options to fight, I'd call you a fucking idiot. Anderson Silva is no idiot.
2/21/13 11:38 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:) Phone Post
2/21/13 11:39 AM
Dr Gonzo
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like the UFC is trying to go in a different direction by matching up the #1 contender with the champion from that division. This could be interesting.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.