UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Training when sore?

2/21/13 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VincentVega
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back to my KB workouts, and am sore everywhere. Great feeling, but not sure if its counterproductive to push again 2 days after. Is it smart to do a total body workout 2-3x weekly even if your body is still recovering from the previous workout?

Do I need to grow a pair and push thru, or stick to 1-2x a week till my body gets acclimated?

Sooo sore.... lol Phone Post
2/21/13 1:39 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

V.V.

If you are coming off a long lay-off then I would workout every day for about 5 days in a row, and pusj through the soreness. Then, take acouple days off and settle  into a more regular schedule (2-3 X per week with rest days etc).

TAKU

2/21/13 2:58 PM
VincentVega
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku,

Thanks for the input. Shocked you suggested daily for the first week, but I trust your professional input!

Thanks again! Phone Post
2/21/13 5:03 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The daily workout initially actually helps one work through the soreness. I am not recommending training to failure every day for five days. More like "tonic" training. Keep the joints moving, the muscles have good blood flow etc.

Then, take a few days off and start the hard work.

TAKU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.