UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Monitored TRT use

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
2/21/13 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.UncleCreepyMMA.com, UGCTT President

I've been told i have VERY low T levels...... you know, ABUSING the crap out of drugs ALONG time ago (thats no secret).. I said no due to the fans reactions to people on TRT.

I've made my career based off fans so is this a smart thing to do?

opinions please!
2/21/13 2:05 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's awesome that you respect your fans so much, but don't let a few naysayers get in the way of what YOU think is the right move for YOUR career. 

If you really do have very low T levels, TRT may help with your personal life as well

2/21/13 2:05 PM
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not really, to be honest. Phone Post
2/21/13 2:07 PM
UGCTT_Pervert
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would be rightfully using TRT, not abusing it. They are two very different things. Go for it if you think it's right for your career I'd say.
2/21/13 2:08 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sickdarce -

Uncle, didnt you apply for a TRT TUE for your last fight?

He was approved and said no Phone Post
2/21/13 2:08 PM
Toby Lerone
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Abusing recreational drugs or PEDs? Makes a difference imo.

2/21/13 2:10 PM
jasonhightower
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Pervert - You would be rightfully using TRT, not abusing it. They are two very different things. Go for it if you think it's right for your career I'd say.

This is exactly right...  staying within the prescribed levels of your age gives you no rightful advantage over an opponent with normal levels as well.

2/21/13 2:10 PM
shaqitup
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do whatever is best for yourself, i don't like use of TRT in the sport, but don't blame the athletes for using something that is within the rules.

Maybe you could talk to the UFC about it, as Dana just recently came out against TRT abuse, and who knows exactly what he meant.

2/21/13 2:13 PM
Letibleu
1679 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/21/13 2:14 PM

You will have more fans if you stay clean. You might improve your career and personal life if you go on TRT. 

My understanding is it's a life time choice. Talk to your healthcare expert about the pros and cons and also, talk to a fighter or two who currently are on TRT.

Weigh that shit out and make a decision. Most of us will stay behind you. You will lose a few fans but who gives a shit if you feel great ;)

If UFC is random testing the shit out of those on TRT, I am for it.

D241
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know you're asking we the fans for advice, but dude, sorry man, I am right there with you as far as being on the fence regarding fighters like you and in your shoes.

Sure you've already broke it down but-

You've got the heart and fighting spirit that shouldn't require trt

You've got charisma and should be champion, and already beat the current champion.

But other fighters are using it to get an edge. An edge that MAYBE, just might be enough to get them a win in a fight they would've closely lost.

Do you join that group? Do you risk losing some fans, in hopes for that extra edge? Couldn't say I'd blame you if you did. I mean you've been SO close, it's been right there, then lost. 

I don't know man, I mean I know me as a fan, I'd watch you fight regardless if you're clean, lower testosterone, losing close fights, but giving it your all while your opponent doesn't give his all. But on the flip side, as an educated fan, I know this is your livelyhood, wins equal job security. 

I just don't know man, so many pros and cons.

willthiswork
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's no way that someone that oozes machismo the way that you do has low test...

Gokudamus stole my name
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - 

it's awesome that you respect your fans so much, but don't let a few naysayers get in the way of what YOU think is the right move for YOUR career. 

If you really do have very low T levels, TRT may help with your personal life as well

2/21/13 2:14 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would do it man. Make sure to clear it with Dana, and be as public as possible about it, and be as transparent as possible. Ill tune in to watch regardless but if dana says go for it then i can't see any reason why you shouldn't. Good luck man!!!
2/21/13 2:14 PM
jasonhightower
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toby Lerone - 

Abusing recreational drugs or PEDs? Makes a difference imo.

So in your mind, are you saying that you need to continue to suffer the consequences of bad decisions in the past?  If that is the case, your perspective is that of "punishment".

What if the root cause was something uncontrollable (i.e. head trauma, or other natural causes)?

If both fighters come in with "T" in the appropriate range for their age, what's wrong with that?

2/21/13 2:15 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually hold on how could you grow that fuckin moustahce without extremely high levels of test? Somethin aint right here.
2/21/13 2:18 PM
Geoff G Electric
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't even be linked to the stuff !!! Look at Baseball .. If peds are even mentioned with your name , you are gunna be blacklisted for LIFE !! Don't chance it !! Go out clean ! Maybe it's time to just hang em up ??? Phone Post
2/21/13 2:18 PM
Ryan Black
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey man, everyone makes mistakes. You gotta do you and take care of your health now. You can't change the past. Nobody is going to judge a man who would be using it for legitimate purposes, to improve their health in a way that really at the core of the issue here, only has anything to do with athletics because of your profession.

You deserve to take care of yourself Ian, it is imperative to do so in your profession. No one is going to judge you for taking part in legitimate therapy that you actually need. It's the right thing to do, in my opinion. I'm usually on the fence about it, because there are some doctors out there ready to cash-in on anybody they can. But once you know what you're dealing with like you do, that's fairly easy to do.

Best of luck to you Ian, take care of yourself and do what is right for you. You deserve to feel like yourself and operate to your potential. If a legitimate health deficiency is holding you back, by all means, get healthy brother. Can't wait to see your next fight! Phone Post
2/21/13 2:19 PM
GnP Sonnen

Do what you want Phone Post
2/21/13 2:19 PM
Stea1th

War TRT Phone Post
2/21/13 2:20 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRT as it was intended means there's nothing wrong with it. But as long as you're following the rules, I think you should do it. You've mentioned this a few times before. You already risk your health every time you step out there, I'd hate to see it risked further only because of the fans' opinions.

Go for it, Creepy. You've got me locked as a fan no matter what.
2/21/13 2:21 PM
MrNiceguy66

If its being monitored, and you're within the normal limits I don't see any reason why it should be frowned upon. On the other hand Uncle Creepy, it's a commitment. Are you willing to commit?
Side note: you're already fucking beast with your low levels! Phone Post
whoabro

GnP Sonnen - Do what you want Phone Post
. Phone Post
UGCTT SidRival's Butler
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck that, do what's best for you. As long as you don't abuse it, it's not cheating in any way. Also, it's not just for your career, it's for your health. Phone Post
2/21/13 2:23 PM
UGCTT_AlexE
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT SidRival's Butler - Fuck that, do what's best for you. As long as you don't abuse it, it's not cheating in any way. Also, it's not just for your career, it's for your health. Phone Post
This.. Phone Post
2/21/13 2:28 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do what is best for your career Ian!

As long as you stay within the parameters then you will not lose any "fans" (why would someone who calls themselves a fan immediately dislike a fighter for staying within the legal boundaries of Testosterone?) because you won't piss hot and there won't be any bad press surrounding you and TRT.

Bottom line, do whatever you think will get you a world title. If using TRT legally will help you reach the top of the ladder, all I can do is suggest to you that you use it...

You would not be doing anything wrong. Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.