UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Thoughts on the PS4

2/21/13 3:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stribo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok without the fan boy war, what are your thoughts on the reveal of the PS4. I was a little underwhelmed about the lack of exclusives shown, but was very impressed with Watch Dogs. Looks like it's going to be a powerful machine, just disappointed they didn't actually show what the console would look like.

In the end I'm an Xbox guy, but the PS4 still looks like it's going to be impressive. Exciting times for gamers. Phone Post
2/21/13 3:39 PM
flowwiththego
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the share button is garbage, hot garbage. No one wants to watch a clip of you doing anything in a video game.

That being said, PS also revealed that you can watch your friends play the game they are in. This is cool. I can't tell you how many times I've checked a friends Xbox party to see how much is left in their game. I'd rather watch the last 5 minutes Tan to wait on a friend. The possibilities are endless. It would be cool to see two guys grudge it out, football, fighting,racing whatever. I know alot of shot talking goes on online. It would be cool to see the challenges play out once they go "private"z Phone Post
2/21/13 5:00 PM
Granpa
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm severely underwhelmed. They could have just said the next PlayStation will be a high end PC and spared me 2 hours. Right now they haven't shown me a compelling reason to get one. Phone Post
2/21/13 8:55 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flowwiththego -  I think the share button is garbage, hot garbage. No one wants to watch a clip of you doing anything in a video game.

That being said, PS also revealed that you can watch your friends play the game they are in. This is cool. I can't tell you how many times I've checked a friends Xbox party to see how much is left in their game. I'd rather watch the last 5 minutes Tan to wait on a friend. The possibilities are endless. It would be cool to see two guys grudge it out, football, fighting,racing whatever. I know alot of shot talking goes on online. It would be cool to see the challenges play out once they go "private"z Phone Post

I agree, but I think the share "could" be used for some cool things. Someone could give tips on how to beat a boss, or where to find an object...just tips and strategy in general.

That stuff is all over YouTube. Why not have it directly on the platform and machine that you are using, rather than having the user hop on his computer to search for tips?
2/21/13 9:35 PM
40oztofreedom
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So that little screen on the new controller isn't a screen? It's a touchpad? For what?

So the rumours are...
-PS3 controllers are not compatible with the PS4 console, nor are PS3 games.
-Previously purchased downloadable games from the PS store will not be compatible with the PS4.
-PS4 games will only recognise one console.
-You can stream games though, which IGN says will not be available the first year of launch?

Honestly guys, I'm a pretty big PS3 gamer and this new system looks promising. I'm not very familiar with the technical side of gaming. But to me, the footage they showed didn't blow me away. It looked like PS3 or Xbox 360. Not that I was expecting anything more, I just don't think anyone has the power to take graphics to another level yet. Maybe it was just those games I dunno. It just didn't woo me.

I'm the kind of gamer who has friends come over a lot to all play together. Or go to another friends house and so on. It seems like the gaming world is moving in a direction where they want the player to be by themselves, connected into a virtual world of online friends in an online society online online online. I don't know how I feel about that. Call me old fashioned but I don't play online very much.

I will probably buy a PS4, but not the first year. I'm actually curious as to what the new Xbox will have to offer. Phone Post
2/21/13 9:54 PM
mixedmartialmike

flowwiththego - I think the share button is garbage, hot garbage. No one wants to watch a clip of you doing anything in a video game.

It's useful in sports games to create highlights Phone Post
2/22/13 12:24 AM
Sofa King Cool
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a really casual gamer. I play about 3 hours a week Phone Post
2/22/13 12:29 AM
Sofa King Cool
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a really casual gamer. I play about 3 hours a week and never play anything online. I play sports games for the franchise modes and adventure games for the campaign.

I think it's a cool system, but I'm sure the Xbox will be pretty awesome. I will most likely end up buying the Xbox first because most of my friends will buy the Xbox. I don't have much brand loyalty, I think that's silly. I had a PS1, PS2, and currently have a PS3 and a 360. I think both systems are great. So, overall, I'm just excited that we are about to see the next generation of gaming, just like when the Super Nintendo, N64/Playstation, etc. first came out. Phone Post
2/22/13 12:29 AM
Sofa King Cool

Also, I think the share button is really dumb. Phone Post
2/22/13 3:32 AM
Wet Fish
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

£400 in the UK Phone Post
2/22/13 4:24 AM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8gigs of fancy ass ram, *drool Phone Post
2/22/13 8:35 AM
PepperUK
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm assuming its going for a pre Xmas 2013 release? Phone Post
2/22/13 9:21 AM
BigWilliam
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

November I think.

I saw bits and pieces online. No backwards compatibility is garbage. The share button is a big who cares.

The graphics looked great. But overall I don't see myself being interested enough to buy one. At least not until the price point hits 250 or less.
2/22/13 9:45 AM
disbeliever
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
If its true Ps3 games wont work on ps4, fuck that
2/22/13 12:13 PM
Big Pun
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not interested in it one bit. I will be preordering the new xbox. They lost me completely with the PoS3.
2/22/13 12:58 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm getting one just for watch dogs. I've been waiting for a game like that for years! Phone Post
2/22/13 9:07 PM
WikiTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pun - Not interested in it one bit. I will be preordering the new xbox. They lost me completely with the PoS3.

Same.
2/23/13 2:06 AM
Stribo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beanouno - I'm getting one just for watch dogs. I've been waiting for a game like that for years! Phone Post
Watch Dogs will be muiltplatform. Phone Post
2/23/13 2:57 AM
orcus

PC is best if you don't mind spending the money. But no matter what you spend now, you will likely need to upgrade again at least once during the next gen.

3/4/13 10:21 PM
supersaiyan

no hurry for the PS4.. wouldnt even bother getting one until after a year or so IF i get it at all...all these game releases on PS3 and 360 coming out now are MORE than plenty to keep me happy for a loooong time lol
3/10/13 8:50 PM
Ayk07

I will stick to PC gaming and then buy a used ps4 and 720 after launch. Fuck waiting in line or chase around to find one in stock. Phone Post
3/10/13 9:29 PM
wooderson76
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The system means fuck all, the games are where it counts. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.