UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White defends decision to cut Fitch

2/21/13 10:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"This is a fucking sport, just like any other sport," said UFC President Dana White after the UFC 157 press conference (watch that here) earlier this afternoon. "It's just like Major League Baseball, NFL, NBA or any other sport.... I was reading on Twitter that this is a travesty, like it's a tidal wave that hit the biggest populated place on fucking planet Earth and wiped out tons of women and children and tons of innocent people. Give me a fucking break. This is a sport just like any other sport. (Charles) Woodson just got cut! The Green Bay Packers just cut Woodson, okay? And, one million other guys are getting cut, traded and everything else."

"Jon Fitch is ranked number nine," White explained. "He was ranked number one, he fought for the title, he was ranked number two, he was ranked number three, six, seven and now he is nine. That’s called the downside of your career. He’s on the downside. He’s lost two fights, one draw and won one fight."

"The response that Jon Fitch has had is awesome -- I'm glad that many people are behind him and support him," he said. "That's not a bad thing -- good for him. And guess what's going to happen? He will end up at Bellator -- or one of these other organizations -- and he will win a world title. He will smash every single guy over there."

"People say all the time that I hated Jon Fitch and I've hated him forever and he’s been waiting to cut him since the video game deal," he said. "Are you fucking shitting me? There is nobody in the history of this business that I hated more than Tito Ortiz.... He ended his career in the UFC.... No hard feelings. This whole Jon Fitch vs. Dana battle is so fucking overrated. I don’t have one ounce of hate for Jon Fitch. I don’t. I don’t hate the guy at all, I don’t even dislike him. Not even a little bit. I like Jon Fitch."

read entire article...

2/21/13 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/21/13 10:48 PM
BushidoAristotle
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Difference is, when Charles Woodson gets cut, he still gets picked up by another NFL team because he belongs in the best football organization in the world. John Fitch belongs in the best mixed martial arts organization in the world.
2/21/13 10:51 PM
Raezor19

But why does he hate SuperCalo ?????

2/21/13 10:51 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BushidoAristotle - Difference is, when Charles Woodson gets cut, he still gets picked up by another NFL team because he belongs in the best football organization in the world. John Fitch belongs in the best mixed martial arts organization in the world.

/thread

2/21/13 10:52 PM
UGCTT_Song2
709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will kirk defend decision to cut supercalo? Phone Post
2/21/13 10:59 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
f u goof.
2/21/13 11:00 PM
Dr Gonzo
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 -  Will kirk defend decision to cut supercalo? Phone Post

Kirik likes SuperCalo and sees this as an opportunity to become a big time troll again on a smaller board.
2/21/13 11:01 PM
cool hand Ed
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamer - So Dana wants to compare the UFC to any other "major sport" when it suites him

But then when it doesnt suit him, like with players unions etc, then the UFC cant be compared, and zuffa has to do things their way
I don't always agree with you, but this post is spot on buddy. Phone Post
2/21/13 11:01 PM
the_shrike
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dMo - 
BushidoAristotle - Difference is, when Charles Woodson gets cut, he still gets picked up by another NFL team because he belongs in the best football organization in the world. John Fitch belongs in the best mixed martial arts organization in the world.

/thread

2/21/13 11:03 PM
JkdSam

cool hand Ed - 
gamer - So Dana wants to compare the UFC to any other "major sport" when it suites him

But then when it doesnt suit him, like with players unions etc, then the UFC cant be compared, and zuffa has to do things their way
I don't always agree with you, but this post is spot on buddy. Phone Post

2/21/13 11:04 PM
Ryan Black
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Jon Fitch will be back. Guess we'll have to wait and see... Phone Post
2/21/13 11:14 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is too many examples of fighters being in slumps, and still keeping their UFC status, that it makes his statement sad. 

2/21/13 11:51 PM
FadeToBlack

"This is a fucking sport, just like any other sport," said UFC President Dana White...

UHHH, no.

In "any other sport", the commissioner ERRRR "President" doesn't curse like a sailor.
2/21/13 11:54 PM
clockwork655321

I don't what you guys don't understand complaining about Fitch. He is expensive and Dana has a million dollars to lose in one night in vegas.
2/21/13 11:57 PM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I approve this thread Phone Post
2/22/13 12:10 AM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/22/13 12:14 AM
UltimatePower
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana just needs to chill
2/22/13 12:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
891 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boner, Hardy, Guida, Griffin.

2/22/13 12:23 AM
Braziliant

Edited: 02/22/13 12:26 AM
About time the UFC is taking out the trash. I hope Greg Jackson suffers the most casualties from this. Peace, weirdo.
2/22/13 12:49 AM
Doem

Dana seemed kind of caught off guard by the shit storm that came from these cuts.
what i want to know is if they offered Fitch less money and if he turned it down. The way Dana was talking it made it seem like that was the case.
2/22/13 1:01 AM
spliffmood

He'll be back. They always do

2/22/13 1:03 AM
Shorinji

On a skid my ass. In his last four fights Fitch:

-Left BJ completely broken by the end of their fight,

-Got flash KO'd,

-Put on an awesome fight of the night,

-Got grapplefucked by one of the best grapplers in the game, bar none.

Fitch is still top 10 without question, and belongs fighting the best in the world. Sending him to the B leagues and trying to justify it by claiming he hasn't been earning his keep is utter bullshit.
2/22/13 1:03 AM
MMOZ

If Guida doesn't get cut we should riot. Phone Post
2/22/13 1:07 AM
MMA Girls
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joanne, MMA Girls

this

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.