UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White & Mike Chiappetta Argue on Twitter...

2/22/13 1:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Chiappetta MMA?@MikeChiappetta

Dana at 5pm: Jon Fitch's $66k is "super f-cking expensive." Dana, 9pm: "I've gambled away $1 million in a night." Mike C, 9:01: face palm.

Dana White?@danawhite

@MikeChiappetta look at chia pet talkin shit about me gambling. U media guys can be fuckin tools.

@danawhite Not talking shit. 16 guys got cut yesterday. Today they hear you discussing gambling millions. Kinda insensitive, no?

Dana White?@danawhite

@MikeChiappetta he asked me a question and that was the fucking answer. Should I have lied like most people would? Mind ur biz troublemaker

@danawhite Mind my business? You talked about it on the air. I have an opinion, you disagree. That's it.

Dana White?@danawhite

@MikeChiappetta it's people like u that make people in my position not want to be honest. I just don't give a fuck!

Dana White?@danawhite

@MikeChiappetta and if ur that fucking sensitive u shouldn't be listening to Rogans podcast!!!!
2/22/13 1:31 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The idiots responding to Mike to shit talk him are sad. Like Dana will give a fuck if they fall all over themselves to agree with him Phone Post
2/22/13 1:32 AM
KFCdojoOSS_Robbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck man the next round of cuts is gonna be brutal Phone Post
2/22/13 1:38 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
2/22/13 1:42 AM
Taz Styles
3252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide -  Phone Post

I thought Dana just misspelled his name, but that is funny.
2/22/13 1:44 AM
MoomBah
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet Mike was sweating buckets when Dana called him out. He probably still has his adrenaline pumping lol. Good on him to stick up for himself though. He's one of the good guys in the mma media. Phone Post
2/22/13 1:50 AM
DRevan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Dana, but there's a reason for the ole "Thou art mortal, Caesar." bit...

Hats off to Mike, THAT takes alot of courage in the MMA business and VERY few are willing to do that publicly.

Again, I love em both....but I think Dana should be man enough to accept anothers' opinion (as he has done before)...and Mike should suffer NO ill consequences for this.

If it is okay for Dana to be honest, then it should be okay for everyone else, media and fighters.
2/22/13 1:55 AM
tonytr

DRevan - I love Dana, but there's a reason for the ole "Thou art mortal, Caesar." bit...

Hats off to Mike, THAT takes alot of courage in the MMA business and VERY few are willing to do that publicly.

Again, I love em both....but I think Dana should be man enough to accept anothers' opinion (as he has done before)...and Mike should suffer NO ill consequences for this.

If it is okay for Dana to be honest, then it should be okay for everyone else, media and fighters.

It's Chiappetta's job to challenge Dana face-to-face as a journalist in a professional setting. That's his time to be honest and ask the hard questions. But Twitter? Come on, he's just begging for Dana not to take him seriously.
2/22/13 2:02 AM
dubate
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White doesn't pay the fighters, the Fertita's do. Dana owns 10% of the company what he does with his salary has fuck-all to do with paying the fighters. Because you know whenever Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft cut a player they hop in their Kia's and go straight to their studio apartments. Oh wait, no they don't they just keep on going living their lives. One thing has nothing to do with the other and Mike knows it. He's just trying to make a story out of nothing. Phone Post
2/22/13 2:03 AM
Honald_Heagan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Doom - Dana is such a cunt now.

And cunt is the right word. Not an asshole, douchebag, jerk - he is a true cunt. Nearly every time he opens his mouth, something cunty comes out.

Chia pet is 100% correct on this issue.

The cunt will tip waiters more than he pays the guys who bleed so he can waste his money.
The UFC's money does not belong to Dana White, Dana White's money does not belong to the UFC. His gambling and tipping has no connection to what the UFC pays it's fighters. Phone Post
2/22/13 2:15 AM
IBProfane
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love this shit. Lots of respect for Mike Chiappetta.
2/22/13 2:20 AM
Twist of Cain
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, I don't blame him for not wanting to pay Fitch 66k out of his own pocket. I can barely justify paying $55 to watch the guy fight.
2/22/13 2:21 AM
smiter

Like both guys but Dana has every right to do whatever he wants with his own personal money.

I guarantee you boxing promoters and NHL owners don't get this type if crap, it's just the holier than though mma media and community who would get wound up by this. Phone Post
2/22/13 2:22 AM
Matt Phillips
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Doom - 
Honald_Heagan - 

And cunt is the right word. Not an asshole, douchebag, jerk - he is a true cunt. Nearly every time he opens his mouth, something cunty comes out.

The cunt will tip waiters more than he pays the guys who bleed so he can waste his money.
The UFC's money does not belong to Dana White, Dana White's money does not belong to the UFC. His gambling and tipping has no connection to what the UFC pays it's fighters. Phone Post

Total bullshit on a couple of levels.

How is it bullshit? I really want to know why you think someone's personal wealth and what they do with it is everyone elses business?

Do you think Dana's personal bank account is the same as Zuffa's?

2/22/13 2:23 AM
Chhem
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soon Dana gonna start aligning chiapetta as the josh grossman and Loretta hunt of mma journalists just bc they aren't kissing his ass. Phone Post
2/22/13 2:23 AM
Honald_Heagan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Doom -
Honald_Heagan - 

Total bullshit on a couple of levels.
Enlighten me. Phone Post
2/22/13 2:26 AM
Thacommish
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretend you have a pie. Say dana and 2 other guys take really large pieces of this pie then leave the rest to split up amongst a large group of people, if dana and the 2 other guys take larger pieces will there be more or less pie to go around for everyone else?
2/22/13 2:27 AM
Sherdoggystyle

I get where Chiappetta is coming from. But it's like what another poster said, one thing is business and the other is personal finances. I don't agree with the UFC cutting Fitch, but Fitch making 120k for each win is a lot of money for a subpar performance that isn't exactly pleasing to the eyes.
2/22/13 2:30 AM
Honald_Heagan

Thacommish - Pretend you have a pie. Say dana and 2 other guys take really large pieces of this pie then leave the rest to split up amongst a large group of people, if dana and the 2 other guys take larger pieces will there be more or less pie to go around for everyone else?
So the issue is how much Dana gets paid? Phone Post
2/22/13 2:30 AM
Twist of Cain
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thacommish - Pretend you have a pie. Say dana and 2 other guys take really large pieces of this pie then leave the rest to split up amongst a large group of people, if dana and the 2 other guys take larger pieces will there be more or less pie to go around for everyone else?

If they baked the fuckin pie, why shouldn't they take large pieces?
2/22/13 2:35 AM
Taz Styles

Edited: 02/22/13 2:40 AM
Thacommish - Pretend you have a pie. Say dana and 2 other guys take really large pieces of this pie then leave the rest to split up amongst a large group of people, if dana and the 2 other guys take larger pieces will there be more or less pie to go around for everyone else?

They can take larger pieces because they paid for it.
2/22/13 2:35 AM
kimuralock

I want pie now Phone Post
2/22/13 2:57 AM
Blunderhooks
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thacommish - Pretend you have a pie. Say dana and 2 other guys take really large pieces of this pie then leave the rest to split up amongst a large group of people, if dana and the 2 other guys take larger pieces will there be more or less pie to go around for everyone else?
Thanks for that Karl! Phone Post
2/22/13 3:02 AM
Cotton
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you goof.
2/22/13 3:04 AM
MMArijuana

Dana is right. It's his money. Fuck all that noise. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.