UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: I 'have to make' Jones vs. Silva happen

2/22/13 10:24 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

During an extended chat about the organization, White reiterated his desire for a Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) vs. Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) bout. Although there are no immediate plans, White said as far as back as October that he "guarantees" the fight will happen at some point.

"I have to make him and f---ing Jones happen," White said. I have to make that happen."

"… What Anderson really talks about – he fucks with me a lot – but he wants big fights. He wants big fights."

read entire article...

2/22/13 10:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dwc -  I thought Dana said "he fucks with the media a lot" Phone Post

This is how i remember it.

2/22/13 10:41 PM
sadisticsoldier
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 
dwc -  I thought Dana said "he fucks with the media a lot" Phone Post

This is how i remember it.

Yep. Was a fun show. Sucked they spoiled the King Mo fight for me though.
2/22/13 10:53 PM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a nice thought Phone Post
2/22/13 11:31 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamer - Dana could easily offer each multi millions for it and they would agree to a fight

So come on dana, its as simple as offering the money

Get it done, or else that will forever be a black eye on the UFC

They are both already making multi millions. He's stated he wants gsp first then jones. Phone Post
2/22/13 11:32 PM
easedel

Doesnt have to do shit. Why can't fights stay within a division and be determined by a ladder system?
2/22/13 11:34 PM
Authority Figure

It must be exhausting having to deal with Dana on a daily basis.

2/23/13 5:06 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - Doesnt have to do shit. Why can't fights stay within a division and be determined by a ladder system?

Because that would actually imply that their trying to be a real sport and sadly the more money is involved the less it seems to be about the professional sports aspect and the more it is becoming about entertaining the fuck out or everybody or at least the people who make the strategic decisions at Fox sport.

Rankings do not mean shit anymore. If anything the cutting of Jon Fitch has proven that. Unfortunately,with all the people getting titleshots as of late,the whole concept was dead and buried a long time ago.

I adjusted all my expections regard MMA as a legitimate sport,with rankings,divsions and win/lose records,firmly downwards after the Fitch cut (though it was really the cherry on top of a whole full of BS).  MMA really is not that far removed from boxing anymore. The one difference left is that,supposedly,MMA can still make sure  the big titlefights do actually happen.

Hence yes Dana has to make the Jon Jones vs Silva fight. Otherwise the whole strategy of the last couple of months makes official no fucking sense at all and we the fans are getting the worst of both world aka we have officially arrived at the moment when MMA is becoming the mirror image of boxing.

2/23/13 5:22 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder -
easedel - Doesnt have to do shit. Why can't fights stay within a division and be determined by a ladder system?

Because that would actually imply that their trying to be a real sport and sadly the more money is involved the less it seems to be about the professional sports aspect and the more it is becoming about entertaining the fuck out or everybody or at least the people who make the strategic decisions at Fox sport.

Rankings do not mean shit anymore. If anything the cutting of Jon Fitch has proven that. Unfortunately,with all the people getting titleshots as of late,the whole concept was dead and buried a long time ago.

I adjusted all my expections regard MMA as a legitimate sport,with rankings,divsions and win/lose records,firmly downwards after the Fitch cut (though it was really the cherry on top of a whole full of BS).  MMA really is not that far removed from boxing anymore. The one difference left is that,supposedly,MMA can still make sure  the big titlefights do actually happen.

Hence yes Dana has to make the Jon Jones vs Silva fight. Otherwise the whole strategy of the last couple of months makes official no fucking sense at all and we the fans are getting the worst of both world aka we have officially arrived at the moment when MMA is becoming the mirror image of boxing.

Hate to admit it...but you're not too far off. The GSP\ Diaz fight is not about anything but money. Hendricks is the #1 contender hands down...Diaz is a sideshow...no offense Diaz fans. Silva vs CW or jbj... But I agree. I hate the path the ufc is on right now. I want to see the best fight the best....not the biggest money vs money
My $.02 Phone Post
2/23/13 5:25 PM
Chhem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva ain't gettin any younger. Chop chop. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.