UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo refusing Pettis fight?

2/24/13 1:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@arielhelwani: Dana just said Aldo told him he is refusing up flight Pettis because he doesn't think he deserves it. Phone Post
2/24/13 1:54 AM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But pitter patter Edgar deserved a FW shot?

Doesn't make any sense.

GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani
Dana said Aldo will fight Pettis or he's not going to like the way this turns out. He's absolutely refusing right now.

UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@arielhelwani: Obviously I meant refusing to fight not up flight. Damn iPhone and far thumb. Phone Post
JerodR
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight or give up the title. Champions should not be choosing who they fight anyway..
2/24/13 1:55 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow if Pettis doesn't deserve it then he should've been outraged at Edgar getting a shot 

2/24/13 1:56 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woooowwww, and I like Aldo.  Damn, that's a weak move.  Pettis CLEARLY deserves it.

2/24/13 1:56 AM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Wow if Pettis doesn't deserve it then he should've been outraged at Edgar getting a shot 

Edgar us a bigger name and an easier fight for Aldo IMO.

Worst case for Aldo against Edgar is a few scratches and some takedowns where as with Pettis he has to worry about his block getting knocked off.

2/24/13 1:57 AM
UGCTT SidRival's Butler
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Phone Post
2/24/13 1:58 AM
epwar
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect for Aldo for not bending to this game.

2/24/13 2:00 AM
dubate
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does anyone "respect" a champion for turning down a fight? Phone Post
2/24/13 2:05 AM
dubate
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To clarify I understand why Silva wants to fight a "name" guy because at this point in his career he has nothing left to prove and just wants to fight for the most amount of money possible. But Aldo isn't there yet and Pettis is a huge name, this fight would be awesome. Refusing a tough challenger who has a big name (nice PPV money bonus) is the definition of ducking. Phone Post
2/24/13 2:06 AM
ChaosOverkill
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like a ploy for money

2/24/13 2:09 AM
JBASS
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he is ducking Pettis and I completely agree that Pettis deserves a title shot, just not at FW. Aldo is standing up for the rest of the division IMO. I said before that if Aldo does end up fighting Pettis that it will be 2 years (or possibly even longer) until someone from the FW division gets a shot at Aldo. That's a travesty. 

There's been so many title shots given out lately to fighters who aren't the #1 contender that it's become a bit of a joke. To see a whole division get log-jammed and self-destruct over this period of time due to fighters from the division not getting their dues is even worse. Whilst I understand that for the sake of making money for themselves and all the fighters that certain fights are more promotable; for the people who follow the sport religiously and want to see the world's best fighters in each division fight - it is becoming a bitter pill to swallow. 

2/24/13 2:15 AM
Dana Stern
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Aldo is indeed refusing the fight it's not because he thinks he doesn't deserve it no way! When has Aldo said anything about who he's fighting. I'll tell you what he's scared. Those brazillians are very exciting and dominant fighters but every now and then someone comes along that puts fear into them. Then the guy doesn't have a name or doesn't deserve it, or is only fighting big fights. Come on fuck these champs! Phone Post
2/24/13 2:24 AM
semtex0809
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - Fight or give up the title. Champions should not be choosing who they fight anyway..
This Phone Post
2/24/13 2:26 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Respect for Aldo for not bending to this game.

What game? he fights who the boss says.
2/24/13 2:29 AM
robopimp
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Aldo but he seems shook. This is a tough matchup and he should want to rise to the challenge.
2/24/13 2:29 AM
JayBRO

Fighters should have ZERO say in who they fight, they should fight who they are told to... They are employed by Zuffa, not the other way around. Phone Post
2/24/13 2:32 AM
Gene Pitney

Aldo's got a pretty big ego for a guy who's in his mid 20's

I know hes a dominant champion and one of the best P4P, but you're not on that level of a fighter who can choose his opponents, so stfu and fight Pettis.

2/24/13 2:37 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 2:52 AM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Lamas should be getting the shot anyway. If Koch would've beaten Lamas, he would gotten the shot. Be fair Dana. Lamas is 30. Give him his shot.
2/24/13 2:39 AM
dubate

I like the notion that Aldo is sticking up for the other fighters in his division. I have some bad news for you, Aldo doesn’t give a fuck about anyone in that division but himself (and rightfully so). If he thought he could walk through Pettis and get the easy paycheck he would have already signed the contract. He is scurred and wants either an easier fight or more money. The bad news for Aldo is that he is king of the least popular division in the UFC and can be replaced without upsetting the bottom line. Phone Post
2/24/13 2:40 AM
kinson

explodin -
JerodR - Fight or give up the title. Champions should not be choosing who they fight anyway..
This Phone Post
Well said. Phone Post
2/24/13 2:41 AM
kylekanada
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point Pettis deserves a shot at any title he can make weight for. Fighters need to fight who they are told and stfu.
2/24/13 2:49 AM
mijo

kylekanada - At this point Pettis deserves a shot at any title he can make weight for. Fighters need to fight who they are told and stfu.

Not really. I thought he was a couple of fights away from facing Ben Henderson at 155lbs. Aldo deserves to refuse a fight more than Anthony Pettis deserves to ask for a fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.