UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo refusing Pettis fight?

2/24/13 6:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo didn't seem to have an issue fighting a person having zero wins at 145 and coming off 2 straight losses. Somehow THAT guy deserved the fight. Weak sauce bro. His handlers better straighten him up.

"I am the champ. I will fight anyone they put in front of me. Pettit is an excellent fighter and a great challenge and I look forward to this fight."

-Aldo
2/24/13 7:55 PM
Im gonna Barboza you
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kansas Comet - I wanted the rightful #1 Lamas vs Aldo

Also wanted the rightful #1 Hendo before tonight vs Jones.

Also wanted the rightful #1 Hendrix vs GSP.

Also wanted the rightful #1 Pettis vs Bendo/Melendez winner

The new rankings don't mean anything.

This. It isn't like pettis was a champion coming down to fight another champion like edgar did. He did ko cerrone tho, which is pretty impressive. But imo that shouldn't give him power to move ahead of llamas for the title shot Phone Post
2/24/13 8:30 PM
Kansas Comet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT SidRival's Butler -  Kansas Comet- "Finally the wait for the Bendo/Melendez fight and a FW Title Shot is the same time frame. Just makes no sense and not fair to the true Number one contender Lamas."

It's not the same time frame. Bendo vs Melendez is still 8 weeks away, Aldo and Pettis could fight May. Plus, Bendo vs Gil could end in controversy and have an immediate rematch, the winner could be injured, etc. Fighting for the LW strap could be as early as July, but it could be much later. Phone Post

Aldo vs Pettis tentatively was slated for August

2/24/13 8:39 PM
MahatmaPetey
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis needs to lose a couple fights at LW before he deserves a shot at Aldo. The bar has already been set. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.