UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Diaz 'really close' to losing GSP title fight

2/24/13 9:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hubris
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Officer Farva - 
Smellde Gluve - 

Funny stuff. Voted up !

lmao
2/24/13 9:37 PM
kevsh
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 9:37 PM

Amazing all the explanations for Nick's behavior incl. a few armchair pyschologists here. Hey, let Nick answer for his actions perhaps? Everything else just sounds like excuses and avoidance.

Twice he's had a shot at GSP and twice he's pissing it away. I'd guess the simple math is the answer (i.e. he wants no part of GSP) but with Nick, who knows.

2/24/13 9:44 PM
Jack Carter
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

""All the fans are like, 'Shut up, Dana. Let Nick fight.' You shut up, idiots. This is how it works."

LOL

2/24/13 9:56 PM
rustyshakleford
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick does what he wants. Nick literally, literally does not do anything he does not want to. Not a lot of people can say that....I respect that.
2/24/13 10:04 PM
maantren
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rustyshakleford - Nick does what he wants. Nick literally, literally does not do anything he does not want to. Not a lot of people can say that....I respect that.

It's how 3 year olds operate. And it creates a ceiling on how successful you can be. Bill Gates does things he doesn't want to do. So, for that matter, does every other championship-level MMA fighter.
2/25/13 1:37 AM
ender852
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rustyshakleford - Nick does what he wants. Nick literally, literally does not do anything he does not want to. Not a lot of people can say that....I respect that.

so do homeless people and the mentally insane

2/25/13 4:21 AM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - 
Officer Farva - 
Smellde Gluve - 

Funny stuff. Voted up !

lmao

Glad you liked it man.

2/25/13 8:23 AM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick is unstable to employ, this does not just happen to the UFC. Nick has no showed seminars recently too. I don't know what the guys problem is but I hope GSP gives him a severe beating and the UFC cuts him the next day. His bullshit is not worth his value to the org.

2/25/13 9:05 AM
JOESONDO
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Camocock -
Kirik - 
GarlicSauce - " DFW: Diaz 'really close' to losing GSP title fight"

The beautiful thing is that Dana needs this fight more than Diaz does.

Diaz genuinely doesn't give a fuck about formalities and protocols. If he'll fight, he fights. If not, he doesn't care.

If the fight wasn't such a moneymaker Diaz would've lost it a long time ago.

Dana owns the UFC. Nick Diaz could stop fighting and become a bee keeper and the UFC would be fine. Take away the UFC and Nick Diaz' income and profile would plummet dramatically. The relationship is not even, and Diaz is not being asked for anything unreasonable - these are contracted media obligations.

Is it in the contract?

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. I think DW is just used to getting his way with fighters, hence the talk about showing him respect, whereas if Diaz were in violation of his contracted obligations he would open himself up to being held liable for damages in court.

This sounds like Dana White just wants some free shit.
You can't be serious. You think everyone just shows up to the preview show tapings just because? No company would schedule these tapings, especially not the lawyer heavy UFC, without putting it in the contract. There's a reason the UFC has these draconian one sided contracts, they have lawyer on top of lawyers that look out for their interest. You can be sure if Dana said he is close to pulling Diaz from the fight, he is legally in the right to do so. The only thing keeping Diaz in the fight is how far they are into the promotion and how much money they think they can make from the fight. If the fight does not sell well because they can't get Diaz to help promote the fight you can be sure Diaz is getting canned and he won't have a legal leg to stand on.

If the UFC were really smart they would have just put in the contract that portions of his pay were dependent on him showing up to his media obligations. Every time he doesn't show up he loses 50k or more. Phone Post
2/25/13 9:17 AM
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - Dana learns slow.

I think it's actually Nick that learns slow. He doesn't even know how to do his own job
2/25/13 9:18 AM
Aaron Becker

GarlicSauce - " DFW: Diaz 'really close' to losing GSP title fight"

The beautiful thing is that Dana needs this fight more than Diaz does.

Diaz genuinely doesn't give a fuck about formalities and protocols. If he'll fight, he fights. If not, he doesn't care.

If the fight wasn't such a moneymaker Diaz would've lost it a long time ago.

you must be pretty successful in life with an attitude like that
2/25/13 9:19 AM
Aaron Becker

Larry Appleton -  Diaz brothers just want to smoke, chill, run/bike/swim, and fight...they're not into media/promotions etc Phone Post

you're a moron. It's their job
2/25/13 9:28 AM
Jay Haas
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve -

Vtfu Phone Post
2/25/13 9:31 AM
JediJitsu
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of this fight gets cancelled I will be so upset. Last year was ridden with injury after injury, and Diaz already messed this up once.

These fights are becoming extremely unpredictable up to the night prior to the fights. It's amazing to me they still sell out. Phone Post
2/25/13 9:31 AM
JediJitsu
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

* if* Phone Post
2/25/13 9:39 AM
DaddyRich
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love Nick to win the title just to see the Hell he'd put Dana through.
2/25/13 9:43 AM
Neph

I wonder if Dana is fearing the distinct possibility that Nick wins and does this more and more. I suspect that DFW will be glad if Nick loses so he can cut him and not have to deal with the drama.
2/25/13 9:43 AM
suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't want to see this fight go down the drain :(

2/25/13 9:45 AM
Lazer MMA

Just give the damn fight to the guy that earned it in the first place.
2/25/13 9:48 AM
Zekolas

You would think that he would do a few PR events; it will do him a benefit as I am sure he has a share of the PPV money that goes up after X# of buys.

If he would actually promote his fight and push the buy numbers up that is money in his pocket.
2/25/13 9:52 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Wes_Mantooth -  Let Nick get his ass kicked by GSP, then cut Nick Phone Post

this was the line of thinking 7yrs ago, but here we are, and Nick headlining another UFC...

2/25/13 9:54 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Nick really isn't interested in fighting anymore, maybe they should just give the shot to someone else. His seeming sense of entitlement is a turn off.
2/25/13 10:48 AM
alkysmurf
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My guess is nicks avoiding venues where he might catch a surprise drug test??? Phone Post
2/25/13 11:08 AM
twizzle97
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure they don't test for weed on random tests.

I think part of the problem is that Nick never had a job outside of fighting, so he doesn't realize that every job has good and bad aspects. Everybody has to do things they don't like doing, but you do them anyway. Just part of the deal.

Have him go work at McDonald's for a week, and he will probably be more than happy to show up for the "beauty pageants".

2/25/13 11:10 AM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jay Haas - 
Smellde Gluve -

Vtfu Phone Post

Thanks man!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.