UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Diaz 'really close' to losing GSP title fight

2/25/13 11:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twizzle97 - Pretty sure they don't test for weed on random tests.

I think part of the problem is that Nick never had a job outside of fighting, so he doesn't realize that every job has good and bad aspects. Everybody has to do things they don't like doing, but you do them anyway. Just part of the deal.

Have him go work at McDonald's for a week, and he will probably be more than happy to show up for the "beauty pageants".

Yes they do test for it in randoms, lol.

and don't be a jackass. nick could quit fighting and just continue to teach for the rest of his life and live comfortably.
2/25/13 11:21 AM
Jrodguy

FTS - Nick Diaz is a complete morron! he isnt even a great fighter, but has the attitude thing going for him and then fucks things up for himself...it's like winning the lotery and give away your ticket...JC what an idiot...
Lol at Nick not being a great fighter. Fuck you Phone Post
2/25/13 11:25 AM
TDogg926
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone actually listen to the whole interview?? At the very end he gets clarification that Nick had in fact met his current obligations. Only Nate hasn't which he said had no affect on Nick fighting against gsp. Phone Post
2/25/13 11:30 AM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's Hendrick's vitriol for the guy not doing the job he'd be glad to do? He only seems to rag on GSP

2/25/13 11:57 AM
twizzle97
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought weed wasn't illegal (to the commissions) outside of competition. I watched the hearings, and I could have sworn that was part of it. Anyway, why test for something outside of competition, when it isn't illegal at that time? I am genuinely curious.

Also, not trying to be a jackass at all. I like Nick a lot, but I think he needs a reality check. Of course he could teach forever, but it would benefit him to learn that adults generally have to do things they don't necessarily like as part of their job. His avoidance is clearly limiting his potential success.
2/25/13 12:04 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce - " DFW: Diaz 'really close' to losing GSP title fight"

The beautiful thing is that Dana needs this fight more than Diaz does.

Diaz genuinely doesn't give a fuck about formalities and protocols. If he'll fight, he fights. If not, he doesn't care.

If the fight wasn't such a moneymaker Diaz would've lost it a long time ago.

What a bunch of nonsense this post is
2/25/13 12:10 PM
Chulio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody close to Nick and Nate say they are great guys but their actions speak louder than words. I was a big fan for years but can't stand the negativity that surrounds then.

DW won't kick him out though because Rhonda is friends with Nick
2/25/13 12:22 PM
Jaybrone
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mose -

Diaz genuinely doesn't give a fuck about formalities and protocols. If he'll fight, he fights. If not, he doesn't care.

This fight is a moneymaker due to who is opposite Nick Diaz, not Diaz himself.

Diaz is 'GSP opponent' and not much more and nothing that couldn't easily be replaced with Hendricks as 'GSP opponent'.
Exactly outside hardcore mma fans no one gives a flying rats ass about Nick Diaz. Phone Post
2/25/13 12:26 PM
HexRei

Edited: 02/25/13 12:26 PM
Jaybrone - 
mose -

This fight is a moneymaker due to who is opposite Nick Diaz, not Diaz himself.

Diaz is 'GSP opponent' and not much more and nothing that couldn't easily be replaced with Hendricks as 'GSP opponent'.

Exactly outside hardcore mma fans no one gives a flying rats ass about Nick Diaz. Phone Post

The same can be said about most fighters. Do you think a majority of casual fans come to watch JDS, Cain, Aldo? Only a few fighters really become relevant to those outside hardcore mma, and they are generally exceptional in some way. But Nick, while not a massive draw is a particular KIND of draw that isn't seen with most other fighters. So he's still an asset above and beyond Johnny McBland Wrestlerwithpunchesguy.
2/25/13 12:26 PM
Jaybrone
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - Why is Nick so unprofessional?
Because he listens to a sycophantic scumbag yes man. Who has never forced Nick to be accountable for his actions. A real coach teaches a man to learn from mistakes. CG has never done this he just makes excuses for him. Phone Post
2/25/13 12:53 PM
sacredhate
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't wait for this fight to happen.

it will be fun to watch, and then, hopefully, we never have to hear about it again, and Diaz can do whatever he wants including accept that he's lost to GSP and no longer has any valid claim or right to be treated as special.

heaven forbid he should win...imagine a champ that treats Dana like that....fireworks.
2/25/13 12:58 PM
crwhitlock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a management problem, plain and simple. Nick has tried to articulate many times that if his coach tells him exactly what to do, he will do it. He clearly has issues that preclude him from being able to manage all aspects of his life and fighting. He needs someone there to tell him exactly when and where he needs to be. Ceasar takes a large portion of Nick's purse and I can't see what he actually does for Nick outside of training him. Nick needs to consider new management.
2/25/13 1:02 PM
fenatic

What a bunch of loosers on this forum, I am so sick of listening to DW pout and speal out his cheap bull shit. I do not believe anything that he says and those of you who do are just pathetic. Anyone who will degrade their mother as he does in the public I have no use for. Nick Diaz had spent the entire day on Thursday with the interview crew and DW was laying out all this shit on Saturday, he had known in advance that Nick was with the team on Thursday, all fucking day but yet he only told half truths, the shit he is so good at doing. Wake up you ass wipes, quit sucking his balls, this guy is so full of shit.
2/25/13 1:23 PM
HexRei

fenatic - What a bunch of loosers on this forum, I am so sick of listening to DW pout and speal out his cheap bull shit. I do not believe anything that he says and those of you who do are just pathetic. Anyone who will degrade their mother as he does in the public I have no use for. Nick Diaz had spent the entire day on Thursday with the interview crew and DW was laying out all this shit on Saturday, he had known in advance that Nick was with the team on Thursday, all fucking day but yet he only told half truths, the shit he is so good at doing. Wake up you ass wipes, quit sucking his balls, this guy is so full of shit.

ok see you in 3 years when you post again
2/25/13 1:45 PM
supersonic
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana better keep this on track
2/25/13 1:55 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fenatic - What a bunch of loosers on this forum, I am so sick of listening to DW pout and speal out his cheap bull shit. I do not believe anything that he says and those of you who do are just pathetic. Anyone who will degrade their mother as he does in the public I have no use for. Nick Diaz had spent the entire day on Thursday with the interview crew and DW was laying out all this shit on Saturday, he had known in advance that Nick was with the team on Thursday, all fucking day but yet he only told half truths, the shit he is so good at doing. Wake up you ass wipes, quit sucking his balls, this guy is so full of shit.

This goes well beyond Dana, in the last year Nick also no showed a seminar in Denville, NJ and a grappling super-fight. Whatever reason, his past behavior with the UFC and these SEPARATE instances shows Nick is not a reliable employee and will probably get shit canned if GSP beats the piss out of him.

2/25/13 1:55 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool Story Bro

Were you working on that post for the last 18 months?
2/25/13 2:39 PM
IronShriek

crwhitlock - This is a management problem, plain and simple. Nick has tried to articulate many times that if his coach tells him exactly what to do, he will do it. He clearly has issues that preclude him from being able to manage all aspects of his life and fighting. He needs someone there to tell him exactly when and where he needs to be. Ceasar takes a large portion of Nick's purse and I can't see what he actually does for Nick outside of training him. Nick needs to consider new management.
Exactly. Phone Post
2/25/13 3:43 PM
rrg1

Nick shouldn't even get this fight in the first place lol.

He beat a 155lber who had a losing record at 170lbs and then lost to a 170lber.

It's pathetic that THAT is deserving of a shot. Combined with the fact that Nick does this shit all of the time...Dana cannot honestly be mad about this.

Just cut his ass already.
2/25/13 3:45 PM
rrg1

crwhitlock - This is a management problem, plain and simple. Nick has tried to articulate many times that if his coach tells him exactly what to do, he will do it. He clearly has issues that preclude him from being able to manage all aspects of his life and fighting. He needs someone there to tell him exactly when and where he needs to be. Ceasar takes a large portion of Nick's purse and I can't see what he actually does for Nick outside of training him. Nick needs to consider new management.

lol @ putting the blame on "management".

No, this is a Nick Diaz problem. He acts like he doesn't give a shit then why should anyone else.

Cut him.
2/25/13 4:27 PM
YonYones
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Officer Farva - 
Smellde Gluve - 

Funny stuff. Voted up !

lol. con air?
2/25/13 9:00 PM
ShatsBassoon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight will happen

2/25/13 10:26 PM
Osbot

Larry Appleton -  Diaz brothers just want to smoke, chill, run/bike/swim, and fight...they're not into media/promotions etc Phone Post

Then, they can get paid at a pay grade that doesn't include promotional based revenue.

Then we can listen to Nick cry about how much he gets paid. Again?!?!
2/25/13 10:45 PM
FirstScratch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana has made it clear he's done fucking around with the childish behavior. Nick isn't just fighting for the title, he's fighting for his career. If he gets dominated or loses in a boring fight, I see zero possibility of Dana keeping him around. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.