UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Carmouche's neck crank on rousey

2/25/13 6:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shosh1n
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*60 Phone Post
2/25/13 6:59 PM
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X_Rated -
Jason -  Here is the problem.
This was an MMA fight,
Not a BJJ match.

Have neck cranks tapped people in BJJ and MMA? Yes of course they have.

But what Liz is doing there really is just a face smash/improper RNC. It's not even really a neck crank.

This is very evident by Ronda leaning forward, not using her hands on the arm at all.

Do people tap to neck cranks? Yep they sure do, but no one in competition would have tapped to that thing Liz was doing. Phone Post

This.. neck cranks absolutely can be dangerous.. this one wasn't. Why? B/c the neck wasn't actually being cranked.. All she was doing was applying pressure to Ronda's face, which while painful is more 'discomfort' than being in danger of injury. I mean obviously if you have someone smashing your face like that for five minutes straight you might get injured, but in that specific instance... no Rousey was nowhere near in danger of tapping.

And for everyone saying that so and so would tap to that in training.. Well I would hope so. What are the stakes in training? What were they for Rousey on that night?

And who the FUCK face/neck cranks their training partner???

Anyway let's go back to calling each other names and shit. Phone Post
2/25/13 7:05 PM
knoc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Innnn Phone Post
2/25/13 7:35 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - ok i stand corrected there was more than I thought.Its kind of considered dirty in rolling IMO .In rolling usually most would try to bare with the pain because its not going to put you to sleep But in a fight i guess it could hurt.In last nights fight I dont think Ronda was close to tapping

Rolling ain't a fight, fren. Think about that next time you come in here all high and mighty.
2/25/13 7:43 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X_Rated - 
Jason -  Here is the problem.
This was an MMA fight,
Not a BJJ match.

Have neck cranks tapped people in BJJ and MMA? Yes of course they have.

But what Liz is doing there really is just a face smash/improper RNC. It's not even really a neck crank.

This is very evident by Ronda leaning forward, not using her hands on the arm at all.

Do people tap to neck cranks? Yep they sure do, but no one in competition would have tapped to that thing Liz was doing. Phone Post

This.. neck cranks absolutely can be dangerous.. this one wasn't. Why? B/c the neck wasn't actually being cranked.. All she was doing was applying pressure to Ronda's face, which while painful is more 'discomfort' than being in danger of injury. I mean obviously if you have someone smashing your face like that for five minutes straight you might get injured, but in that specific instance... no Rousey was nowhere near in danger of tapping.

plus one

I loved neck cranks, I think they are VERY dangerous, even at a high level. That was just slop.

2/25/13 8:10 PM
Winston Wolf
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT - 
Winston Wolf -
AlexanderTheGOAT - 
Winston Wolf - anyone who has rolled is not tapping to that
Tell that to Aoki, he's tapped several people with it. Phone Post

i already said i was wrong but Ronda was nowhere near tapping
Sorry I just went back and read the whole thread. I jumped on your comment too soon. Phone Post

no problem.Im glad i was proven wrong because some of toise cranks were nasty to watch
2/25/13 8:20 PM
ReneH

"anyone who has rolled is not tapping to that"

If the face crank is applied the way it was on Rhonda, some may not tap. If applied the Catch way, there is a high possibility of a tap. The way I learned it is to set it up in a whiplash/clothesline sort of way. It's a special feeling, trust me.
2/25/13 9:03 PM
Winston Wolf
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigSleep - 
Winston Wolf - ok i stand corrected there was more than I thought.Its kind of considered dirty in rolling IMO .In rolling usually most would try to bare with the pain because its not going to put you to sleep But in a fight i guess it could hurt.In last nights fight I dont think Ronda was close to tapping

Rolling ain't a fight, fren. Think about that next time you come in here all high and mighty.

i said i was wrong about 10 times
2/25/13 9:09 PM
Well Tempered Napkin
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - anyone who has rolled is not tapping to that

Anyone who has ever fought won't tap to that.

Liz said as much in her post fight interviews.
2/25/13 9:42 PM
pulsar

Bucephalus - imo, the most relevant criticism of the grappling that night was Ronda's tendency to leave her back exposed. She did it against Misha.. and again against Carmouche. Both her throws and head/arm control on the ground leave her vulnerable to giving up her back and imo will be the reason she eventually loses.. not a KO. She needs to make some adjustments and roll with more top level BJJ people to clean up that part of her game.

She said she trained with Ryron, which is cool.. but imo, she needs to stop by Marcelo's and roll for a while.....

Yep. She's lucky that wasn't Cyborg or Kyra on her back.

2/25/13 10:19 PM
Bucephalus

Cyborg's grappling is highly overrated.

She is more of a striker than anything.
2/25/13 10:24 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pulsar - 
Bucephalus - imo, the most relevant criticism of the grappling that night was Ronda's tendency to leave her back exposed. She did it against Misha.. and again against Carmouche. Both her throws and head/arm control on the ground leave her vulnerable to giving up her back and imo will be the reason she eventually loses.. not a KO. She needs to make some adjustments and roll with more top level BJJ people to clean up that part of her game.

She said she trained with Ryron, which is cool.. but imo, she needs to stop by Marcelo's and roll for a while.....

Yep. She's lucky that wasn't Cyborg or Kyra on her back.

Kyra maybe, but Cyborg would never have gotten there. Her frame and style of grappling are very different. That said, I don't think turning your back on that she beast is a good idea...

2/25/13 10:49 PM
pulsar

I think cyborg would have stayed on her back for longer and struck fron there. Rousey like many judoka take years to stop giving their backs up easily, so cyborg having to 'take her back' is a bit beside the point. Point taken though. Also, no slight on carmouche, props to her for taking it when given the opportunity. Phone Post
2/26/13 7:49 AM
Well Tempered Napkin
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drance2624 - Imagine if the first UFC women's fight ended with the face of the division getting killed by having her neck snapped by a bull dyke marine...shit would have been the biggest disaster EVER!
TOS. How does it work? Phone Post
2/26/13 10:32 AM
factchecker

Liz was able to get herself into that position because of the fence. If there was no fence, Ronda would have finished her much quicker.
2/26/13 10:46 AM
Jits_n_Hoez

Painful move frens. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.