UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Henderson: I won that fight

2/24/13 10:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sprawl 68
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another Machida marathon. He is great when he engaging his opponent, however he rarely does. Phone Post
2/24/13 10:45 AM
JunkieDog

When you're going against the grain and find that Cecil Peoples is the judge who saw the scoring same as you... I would realize I was wrong and not tell anyone.
2/24/13 10:45 AM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge Hendo fan here.....But, Dan clearly lost rounds one and two........
2/24/13 10:58 AM
whoabro

Willy the Coyote - Anyone who thinks Dan won that fight is delusional. He was outclassed on the feet, and his biggest accomplishment was sitting in Lyoto's guard for a couple of minutes. Lyoto landed more significant strikes, showed far superior footwork, and did more damage on the ground in 5 seconds than Dan did in two minutes.
This. Phone Post
2/24/13 11:07 AM
Allen Hood

Yes Dan yes you did. Phone Post
2/24/13 11:07 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Not that difficult to judge IMO, Machida clearly won. Phone Post
2/24/13 11:08 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Willy the Coyote - Anyone who thinks Dan won that fight is delusional. He was outclassed on the feet, and his biggest accomplishment was sitting in Lyoto's guard for a couple of minutes. Lyoto landed more significant strikes, showed far superior footwork, and did more damage on the ground in 5 seconds than Dan did in two minutes.
This Phone Post
2/24/13 11:08 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sprawl 68 - Another Machida marathon. He is great when he engaging his opponent, however he rarely does. Phone Post
LOL at rarely Phone Post
2/24/13 11:12 AM
MAG

Unbelievably close fight - both from my perspective watching the fight and fightmetrics.

When you look at fight metric from a round by round perspectic to score the fight (as opposed to looking at the total strikes) - it gets even more difficult to judge.

Lyoto has amazing footwork - but amazing footwork alone does not win fights. This isn't a Zumba competition. Having amazing footwork only means something when it puts you in striking range when you want to strike and out of striking range when you're playing defense.

I'm a fan of both Lyoto and Dan (probably moreso the former), but Lyoto basically Frankie Edgar'ed his way to a decision.

When Dan did look clumsy at times - he was undeniably the aggressor trying to bring the fight to Lyoto.

For all the advances and opportunities Dan gave Lyoto to counter-strike - he capitalized very rarely.

Ultimately this will be one of those fights which will remain very controversial for a long time.
2/24/13 11:18 AM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had Dan in 1 and 3.
2/24/13 11:19 AM
Li Mu Bai

boxy - When Cecil Peoples said you won, it's time to acknowledge you lost.

2/24/13 11:22 AM
junon
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ziggystardust -  If Cecil is the only judge that sides with you, that's a clear indication you didn't win. Phone Post

lol.
2/24/13 11:23 AM
Domingo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida essentially forces you to either get picked apart or make it a snoozefest. I'm calling it now. If he drops 1-2 bouts he'll be where Fitch is. Effective isn't the name of the game anymore. Phone Post
2/24/13 11:25 AM
Rahjai
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everything Dan tried, it was countered with a strike.

Machida did more damage, landed more strikes. He won the fight, dont see the problem?
2/24/13 11:34 AM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iDaz - 
The Sauce - No one did, fans included... Phone Post
/thread Phone Post

2/24/13 12:02 PM
sniper1026

Hendo says Yes!

His face says No!

The stats show a very close fight, giving it to Machida.
2/24/13 12:12 PM
RICKYB
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sauce - No one did, fans included... Phone Post
For the win Phone Post
2/24/13 12:14 PM
ortman166

Immaculata - Real difficult fight to Judge. You can make an arguement for Hendo winning 29-28.
No you can't Phone Post
2/24/13 12:17 PM
6ULDV8
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No he didn't, but I respect a winner's attitude and beliefs.

I always think I'm right because I am.  Hendo does because he believes in himself, which is cool.

Trust me, I'm right on this one.  I'm always right on this one.

2/24/13 12:21 PM
Bentleysuper8

At some point aggression needs to play a bigger role in scoring a fight. I would have given the fight to Dan. It was close for sure but when in doubt I'd always give it to the fighter who actually wants to fight.
2/24/13 12:22 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You got to be kidding me Dan, you lost and weren't even close to winning. I figured the judge who scored it for Dan was Cecil Peoples...
2/24/13 12:28 PM
maxbrothersinc
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida used his superior running in this fight. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:30 PM
kao

seeeeee, karate point striking wins in mma tourney!!
2/24/13 12:32 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Bentleysuper8 - At some point aggression needs to play a bigger role in scoring a fight. I would have given the fight to Dan. It was close for sure but when in doubt I'd always give it to the fighter who actually wants to fight.
Yes, lets totally reward fighters for walking forward even if you are not doing any damage or being more effective. Lets punish all the fighters who like to counterstrike by making the scoring biased towards certain styles.

/sarcasm

Its called "effective aggression" for a reason. Dan was not being effective. Same reason we all know Leonard Garcia didn't really win many of his decision wins. Now the judges get it right and you're crying because its Henderson. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:32 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

EvilMaster - The decision was good, Machida out pointed him. That is all there is too it.

Exactly. It sucks but machida did what he usually does unless the opponent gets reckless then he knocks them out. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.