UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Henderson: I won that fight

2/24/13 8:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CavemanDave
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My opinion of the fight is that neither one of them did enough in it to justify another shot at Jones.

2/24/13 8:23 PM
ranier wolfcastle
991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just edited the whole fight and imo lyoto took it 30-27

2/24/13 8:24 PM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i had 30-27 lyoto

it is like some of you are mad at lyoto for not brawling so you think the judges should have given dan the fight simply to spite lyoto
2/24/13 8:24 PM
ThEUniT

Dan won 29-28!!! Phone Post
2/24/13 8:59 PM
SOO72

SE555 - 

Awesome.
2/24/13 9:35 PM
shmuckothemighty
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish it had been 5 rounds, both fighters are one strike away from knocking anyone out and I would have enjoyed 10 more minutes to see if would happen.
2/24/13 9:54 PM
epic hero

Glovegate - 

I can see either guy winning, depending on how you weight each factor.

The problem with this fight is that there pretty much isn't anything that you can take away from what Machida did and still give him the win.  I mean he did literally the absolute bare minimum required.

Agreed with this. I felt like nobody "won", Machida lands a kick and circles and back peddle's for a minute afterwards not engaging, with Henderson trying to chase after him. Uneventful and anti-climatic fight, Lyoto got the decision but there was no real winner
2/24/13 10:04 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
iDaz - 
The Sauce - No one did, fans included... Phone Post
/thread Phone Post

2/24/13 10:18 PM
dstiff

KingstonHawkeJr - Actually, I love the way Machida fights. Reminds me of Mayweather. When Hendo was aggressive he was getting picked apart. Only reason it got boring late is because Hendo stopped coming forward. He made it a boring fight, and lost in the process. He should be happy though, at least now he get's to avoid the massacre that was going to take place if he fought Jon Jones.

CUNT
2/24/13 10:21 PM
ChaosOverkill
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how the UFC is either stand there and take a beating or get cut now.

2/24/13 10:35 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - 
Glovegate - 

I can see either guy winning, depending on how you weight each factor.

The problem with this fight is that there pretty much isn't anything that you can take away from what Machida did and still give him the win.  I mean he did literally the absolute bare minimum required.

Agreed with this. I felt like nobody "won", Machida lands a kick and circles and back peddle's for a minute afterwards not engaging, with Henderson trying to chase after him. Uneventful and anti-climatic fight, Lyoto got the decision but there was no real winner

That means you missed or were unable to recognize all the times that Machida caught Dan coming in with punches or knees. Dan can take a punch, we knew this, Machida knew this. He still got some good strikes in there without giving himself Dan the fight he wanted on a platter like Shogun or Fedor.
2/24/13 10:38 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I won the fight, but not officially. I hit him whenever he wanted to fight. He ran away most of the time."

Machida had most of the best strikes. It doesnt have to count only when "he wanted to fight." Machida clearly caught Dan enough times when Dan charged in, more than Dan got him anyhow.
2/24/13 10:54 PM
dstiff

gamer - 
Domingo -  Machida won, but I really do hate how passive he is. Rampage had the right idea. Get close and then out-wait him. Make it seem like he's afraid to engage. Machida essentially forces everyone to either have long reach or to fight passively. Phone Post

Lol at Ramapge had the right idea

Rampage wiffed air against Machida more times then Hendo did

Rampage did nothing for 2 rounds, then got blasted in the 3rd

Plus Rampage really should thank Shogun for the rest of his life for the "win," because it was Shogun's brutal KO of Machida which made Machida even more hesitant in the fight with Rampage

To this day, only Shogun has really out struck and out classed Machida, that just goes to show you how much of special talent Shogun is and how truly amazing a healthy Shogun is

How does Shogun's dick taste?
2/24/13 11:03 PM
RKing85
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a) Hendo can not be intelligentally debated as the best fighter of all time.

b) Hendo lost that fight, in the judges eyes as well as mine.
2/24/13 11:23 PM
cab

10-9, 10-10, 9-10, draw
2/24/13 11:45 PM
vruntson

Machida won that fight.
2/25/13 1:06 AM
SQUEEZIE

im jus glad this was not the main event and that the ladies golt to headline.they made everyone who said that "hendo vs machida should be the main event" and "women should never headline" look real stupid.

would watch liz and ronda fight any one.not sure if i could of handled two more rounds of lyotto and dan unless lyotto actually engaged a few times for longer than 1 sec at a time or at least did some damage that 1 sec he does engage.
2/25/13 1:43 AM
Wasa-B

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Video-UFC-157-PostFight-Press-Conference-50191

watching the post fight presser now and Dan basically says it was his fault, he let Machida play his game, doesnt blame the judges but still that Machida didnt fight or picked and chosed when he wanted to fight.
2/25/13 2:31 AM
dstiff

gamer - 
dstiff - 
gamer - 
Domingo -  Machida won, but I really do hate how passive he is. Rampage had the right idea. Get close and then out-wait him. Make it seem like he's afraid to engage. Machida essentially forces everyone to either have long reach or to fight passively. Phone Post

Lol at Ramapge had the right idea

Rampage wiffed air against Machida more times then Hendo did

Rampage did nothing for 2 rounds, then got blasted in the 3rd

Plus Rampage really should thank Shogun for the rest of his life for the "win," because it was Shogun's brutal KO of Machida which made Machida even more hesitant in the fight with Rampage

To this day, only Shogun has really out struck and out classed Machida, that just goes to show you how much of special talent Shogun is and how truly amazing a healthy Shogun is

How does Shogun's dick taste?

Cassic immature and faggot response from a Shogun hater

I have a question for you though?

How does it feel to be a retard!

Bitch!

How i'm i the faggot? You're the one with Shogun's balls on your chin.
2/25/13 4:33 AM
Hocky Balboa
8451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boxy - When Cecil Peoples said you won, it's time to acknowledge you lost.

This is probably one of the greatest lines I have ever seen on this forum.

Take a bow.

2/25/13 7:42 AM
Y2JB

Machida should have points deducted for timidity. His entire fighting style is based exclusively around waiting for the other person to engage. Counter punching is fine but you have to come forward sometimes, like Maynard said after fighting Guida, "You have to give the other person a chance to fight."
2/25/13 7:58 AM
Lazer MMA

Y2JB - Machida should have points deducted for timidity. His entire fighting style is based exclusively around waiting for the other person to engage. Counter punching is fine but you have to come forward sometimes, like Maynard said after fighting Guida, "You have to give the other person a chance to fight."

What is the actual written rule on this?
2/25/13 8:06 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just rewatched the fight 3 times.......Machida clearly won

2/25/13 8:06 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Y2JB - Machida should have points deducted for timidity. His entire fighting style is based exclusively around waiting for the other person to engage. Counter punching is fine but you have to come forward sometimes, like Maynard said after fighting Guida, "You have to give the other person a chance to fight."

Machida was the one walking Dan down in the 3rd round fyi

2/25/13 8:12 AM
SlipSlap

No one won that fight... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.