UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Henderson: I won that fight

2/25/13 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
As a big Hendo fan I'm fine with the decision (not that I don't think octagon control was overlooked as it was, or that I agree with rewarding a guy running away most all the fight). Hendo should have held his ground IMO instead of taking the fight to Machida as much as he did. He should caused the ref to warn Machida to engage. The fighter coming forward in this was at a disadvantage IMO. He played chess not so well IMO.

Hendo himself said he blamed himself not the judges (for other reasons all be it) in the end.
How do.people events attempt to argue octagon control for Henderson????

He wanted the fight in tight or on the ground. Machida wanted the fight standing and at a distance. The scoring for that criteria reads " dictate the pace and location of the fight".....Dan did not have octagon control. Phone Post
2/25/13 11:37 AM
SuperMann
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They both lost. Phone Post
2/25/13 11:46 AM
Y2JB

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Y2JB -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Y2JB - 
DamnSevern - 
Y2JB - Machida should have points deducted for timidity. His entire fighting style is based exclusively around waiting for the other person to engage. Counter punching is fine but you have to come forward sometimes, like Maynard said after fighting Guida, "You have to give the other person a chance to fight."

Machida was the one walking Dan down in the 3rd round fyi

Yes he was because he knew that he had to because of the takedown. To me it's pretty disgusting that the only time Machida will engage is when he thinks he will lose the round on points, otherwise revert to SOP - step back and wait.

You're totally right. He never landed all those other strikes including knees head kicks and stiff punches. That was all a figment of our imagination. Disgusting. He should have let him bang bro.

Everything Machida landed was in response to Dan coming forward.

I'm not expecting him to 'just bang' but both parties have to be willing to fight. Machida was unwilling to fight unless Dan came to him, otherwise he would literally stand there for the full five minutes waiving his arms around and feinting. It's not entertaining, it's not good for the sport and IMO it's unsportsmanlike.

Your hypotheticals of what you THINK machida would have done are nothing more than hypotheticals. Lmfao at saying that a counterstriker is unsportsman like... Phone Post

Being a counter striker is fine I have no problem with that. My point was that if a fighter point blank refuses to engage unless it's 100% on their own terms, then they are being unsportsmanlike.

You have to give the other fighter a chance to fight.
2/25/13 11:49 AM
Jons Forsberg

"My point was that if a fighter point blank refuses to engage unless it's 100% on their own terms, then they are being unsportsmanlike.

You have to give the other fighter a chance to fight.
"

lol @ this.
2/25/13 11:52 AM
Jons Forsberg

HexRei - it's not unsportsmanlike, but I do have to admit that if everyone fought like machida nothing at all would happen in fights

buncha nothing right here:

2/25/13 11:55 AM
xaeo

How bout that Grice vs Bermudez tho Phone Post
2/25/13 11:56 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Thank you JonsF.

2/25/13 12:25 PM
bigheadrhino
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jons Forsberg - 
HexRei - it's not unsportsmanlike, but I do have to admit that if everyone fought like machida nothing at all would happen in fights

Thanks. These werent even the only ones. A lot of Machida's strikes landed would have finished or at least dropped other fighters. Some people just want to watch rockem sockem robots.
2/25/13 12:32 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the street that was a draw, soon to be followed by a lot of shit talking, and very soon after that a rematch. In the UFC, that was a boring win for Machida, soon to be followed by talk of a title shot until the next pay per view when Dana gives someone else said title shot.
2/25/13 12:35 PM
Smellde Gluve
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/25/13 12:38 PM
jcblass

Dan Henderson got taken down and put on his back by the karate guy. He deserved to lose. If Henderson would have landed a jump spinning back kick on the karate guy, I would say the karate guy deserved to lose.

The only significant take down didn't come from the elite wrestler but by a foot sweet from the karate guy. No way Henderson won this fight.
2/25/13 1:19 PM
Chuck D Nux

I believe Hendo thought he clearly won. He did nothing at the end of the fight, like a fighter needs to do to secure a win, or get that late finish, when they are losing. I thought he obviously lost, but was not impressed with either guy.
2/25/13 1:23 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Jons Forsberg - 

Actually this being the best you could come up with makes the point that there was not much going on in the fight.
2/25/13 2:15 PM
chaplinshouse
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/25/13 2:17 PM
Kanabull

Edited: 02/25/13 2:17 PM
It should have been a draw. The last few minutes were especially ridiculous when Dan stopped coming forward. It seemed he realized he needed to stop chasing Machida around and playing into his game. The rest was both guys basically refusing to attack all together.

We didn't really see Machida utilize his usual "karate blitz" at all during that whole match.
2/25/13 2:29 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mchase126 - 
BuddyRevell -

Machida hit Dan with very little. Dan hit Machida with even less. End of story.

This Phone Post

agreed.
and don't worry mr. revell, i won't ask you questions or touch you.
:)
2/25/13 5:40 PM
bhealthy

iwonthatfight!!!! is the new getoffmylawn!!!!
2/25/13 8:32 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cung Le, that guy that has more striking experience than damn near everyone in the sport, said Henderson won yet some of you retards think anyone who thought Dan won has no idea what they're talking about.

Could've gone either way but Henderson was the one pushing the fight while Machida was the one avoiding one. The tie goes to the guy being more aggressive, and that was Henderson. But in all honest, I wish they would've just called it a draw. If you're not coming to fight then you don't deserve to win. Some fights Machida is more active and lands more strikes, and actually does well, but this was his 2nd most timid fight as far as striking frequency. He tried to play tag instead of fighting. It's amazing how delusional his fans are thinking he deserved to win this one.
2/25/13 8:46 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Chiron - Cung Le, that guy that has more striking experience than damn near everyone in the sport, said Henderson won yet some of you retards think anyone who thought Dan won has no idea what they're talking about.

Could've gone either way but Henderson was the one pushing the fight while Machida was the one avoiding one. The tie goes to the guy being more aggressive, and that was Henderson. But in all honest, I wish they would've just called it a draw. If you're not coming to fight then you don't deserve to win. Some fights Machida is more active and lands more strikes, and actually does well, but this was his 2nd most timid fight as far as striking frequency. He tried to play tag instead of fighting. It's amazing how delusional his fans are thinking he deserved to win this one.
The striking wasn't a tie, so yeah...

Also its called "effective aggression" and you don't get rewarded for plodding forward and swinging at the air (unless you're Leonard Garcia) Phone Post
2/25/13 8:50 PM
Lazer MMA

Chiron - Cung Le, that guy that has more striking experience than damn near everyone in the sport, said Henderson won yet some of you retards think anyone who thought Dan won has no idea what they're talking about.

In fairness Cung is Dan's boy sir.

Being though that neither fighter hurt the other at all it's the totals that matter only IMO.

I think the fans need to accept the result.
2/25/13 9:51 PM
behrens14
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight was a lot like the Rampage/Machida fight except the split went Machida's way this time. I was hoping this fight would be more spectacular but neither guy really pushed it. Rampage won that split because he put a bit more aggression into it from what I remember, I might go back and watch it just to see how similar they really were.
2/25/13 10:47 PM
melancoholic
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jons Forsberg - 

it actually IS a bunch of nothing. it's a fifteen minute fight and all the highlights i've seen so far are the same 3-5 gifs.

i disagree that hendo won the fight, but i also think machida didnt do enough to earn the victory. they both lost imo and there should be a rematch.
2/25/13 11:15 PM
MMA6053
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let it go Hendo. You lost..move on.
2/25/13 11:46 PM
PatrickVilone

No you didn't bro. You lost the fight.

get over it
2/26/13 1:22 AM
Wasa-B
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.