UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Henderson: I won that fight

2/26/13 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rock Ortiz - 
Willy the Coyote - Anyone who thinks Dan won that fight is delusional. He was outclassed on the feet, and his biggest accomplishment was sitting in Lyoto's guard for a couple of minutes. Lyoto landed more significant strikes, showed far superior footwork, and did more damage on the ground in 5 seconds than Dan did in two minutes.

Outclassed? I doubt that..I didn't know footwork was part of the scoring system. If that's the case then Machida clearly won that battle.

Footwork is kinda scored in the context of octagon control and aggression but again many people that think Dan won are forgetting that aggression only comes into play when a round is close and neither is able to do much. People forget that aggression is ineffective aggression if a guy is coming forward and missing and getting countered. So Machida wasnt just winning the footwork battle, he was winning the striking battle because he was hitting Dan and Dan was hitting him.
2/26/13 2:14 PM
Mok The Ookla
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kflinchy -
melancoholic - 
Jons Forsberg - 
HexRei - it's not unsportsmanlike, but I do have to admit that if everyone fought like machida nothing at all would happen in fights

buncha nothing right here:

it actually IS a bunch of nothing. it's a fifteen minute fight and all the highlights i've seen so far are the same 3-5 gifs.

i disagree that hendo won the fight, but i also think machida didnt do enough to earn the victory. they both lost imo and there should be a rematch.

"i disagree that hendo won the fight, but i also think machida didnt do enough to earn the victory. they both lost imo"

ever hear of a 10 point must system? please explain how YOU make a draw from the 3 rounds with out a point deduction =D.

go f*ck yourself

Can't a judge score a round 10-10 if they feel neither fighter landed any significant strikes? Phone Post
2/26/13 2:27 PM
Poindexter
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Domingo -  Machida won, but I really do hate how passive he is. Rampage had the right idea. Get close and then out-wait him. Make it seem like he's afraid to engage. Machida essentially forces everyone to either have long reach or to fight passively. Phone Post

2/26/13 2:28 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ yes, they can there are a couple problems with that though:

1) The judges rarely have used the 10-10 in the UFC

2) Machida landed significant strikes every round
2/26/13 2:32 PM
Mok The Ookla
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - ^ yes, they can there are a couple problems with that though:

1) The judges rarely have used the 10-10 in the UFC

2) Machida landed significant strikes every round
I don't think I've ever seen it in mma.

I actually scored the fight a draw with machida rd one, Hendo rd two, and 10-10 rd three. I just didn't feel like either guy really 'wanted' it. Phone Post
2/26/13 3:18 PM
Nexuscrawlers
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as little as machida did, henderson did even less. no way he won that fight.

2/26/13 3:20 PM
DoomFarmer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Virus x - Hendo deserved the win . Machida was just running away all fight and landed a couple of nice strikes here and there while running aways. Lyoto should get passed over for a title shot. Chaels already said he wont fight lyoto because the crowd where booing him and I dont blame chael
No. Phone Post
2/26/13 3:21 PM
Bloodstorm
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

even Dan said in the coutdown. he had to come after Machida early b/c it was only a 3 round fight. He knew he wasnt going to win if it went to the score cards

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.