UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Schaub admits he laid on Lavar to save his job

2/24/13 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 12:05 PM

Calls out Lavar to say he wants to test his own chin, takedown 20 seconds into the first round.

"I had to win tonight," Schaub said. "The last two fights I lost, I fought with my guts rather than my brains. But tonight I needed to win this, so I used my brain. I know people were expecting a slugfest, but I've been working hard on my BJJ and thought I could sub him. At one point, he was talking to me on the ground saying, 'Come on, dog, let's stand and give the fans a show,' and I said, 'Sorry, bro, I gotta win this fight.' And he said, 'I hear ya.'"

There was a reason they put this fight as the main event on the FX show. They wanted fans on the fence about buying the PPV to be pumped up by a heavyweight slugfest. Thanks to Schaub for making sure that didn't happen.

2/24/13 12:07 PM
quarcus
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right. If he had slugged and lost Dfw woulda given him another. Now he better win his next 2 or he's gone. Thanks to that snuggle fest. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:07 PM
Mica Kizbig
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its sad that this is how things are. It was like the octagon was the ocean and LJ was a life preserver.
2/24/13 12:08 PM
epwar
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mica Kizbig - Its sad that this is how things are. It was like the octagon was the ocean and LJ was a life preserver.

LMAO!

2/24/13 12:09 PM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another reason why the 3 strikemrulemis pathetic.
2/24/13 12:09 PM
quarcus
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's too bad to because I really love watching his uber athletic striking. I was looking forward to that fight the most out of 157. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:10 PM
roperninja
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like watching it, but unfortunately that's what it's come to for the fighters I believe he believed he had no choice. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:10 PM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG, dude wants to keep his job! What an asshole!
2/24/13 12:11 PM
soremano

quarcus -  Right. If he had slugged and lost Dfw woulda given him another. Now he better win his next 2 or he's gone. Thanks to that snuggle fest. Phone Post

no he most likely would have been cut anyway

2/24/13 12:17 PM
sincitydc
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what it would take for someone to get cut off of a win. In fairness if Lavar wanted to get back to his feet he should've made it happen himself. As much as people want to blame Brendan, it can't all fall on him. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:18 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit they might still cut him and lavar Phone Post
2/24/13 12:21 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm all for guys getting the take down and grappling.. I loved the maia fitch fight, but I was just bored in this one. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:22 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he was that desperate to keep his job he should of tried harder to get the mount...he did seem like LNP was on his mind most of the fight Phone Post
epwar

LoganClark - OMG, dude wants to keep his job! What an asshole!

Schaub called out Johnson starting in August 2012, stating the following:

I think it'd be a good fight. Lavar hits hard. For me, yeah people say I have a weak chin, so this would solidify my place.

When you say that and then perform like you did last night, yeah, you deserve scorn.

Stea1th

Honestly, they should cut him for that bullshit. 

2/24/13 12:23 PM
shaqitup
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kind of expected him to be better in the top position, but hey if Lavar doesn't want more fights to go like that he needs some TDD and  bottom work.

Eunuchorn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't blame him.
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, even Dan Hardy didn't get knocked out thrice in the first round. It was a matchup between a guy who wins almost exclusively by vicious KOs and a guy who lost his recent bouts by KO, but people are surprised that the latter fella decided to avoid the KO at all costs? Those people should work for the UFC.
2/24/13 12:25 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

epwar -
Mica Kizbig - Its sad that this is how things are. It was like the octagon was the ocean and LJ was a life preserver.

LMAO!

Post of the fucking week Phone Post
2/24/13 12:25 PM
epwar

Vitor the Taxi Driver Belfort - 
soremano - 
quarcus -  Right. If he had slugged and lost Dfw woulda given him another. Now he better win his next 2 or he's gone. Thanks to that snuggle fest. Phone Post

no he most likely would have been cut anyway

If you are not clearly a top 10 fighter, and I believe Schaub isn't, your sort of damned if you do and damned if you dont

If you fight wrecklessly alot more guys can beat you or catch you.

If you fight smart you will still lose at somepoint and likely be cut

C'mon, we all know Dana will love you more if you stand 'n wang.  He even said it last night:

"When these guys came (backstage) after their fight, obviously [Grice] was really upset," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I said, 'That's one of those fights where there's no loser. There is no loser in that fight.'

"When you turn on your TV set and you put down your money or you buy a ticket, that's what you expect to show up and see. As a fight fan, those are the kind of fights you want to watch. And those are the kind of fights where guys won't get cut. It's pretty easy – pretty simple."

2/24/13 12:26 PM
epwar

shaqitup - 

I kind of expected him to be better in the top position, but hey if Lavar doesn't want more fights to go like that he needs some TDD and  bottom work.

Huh?  Lavar outstruck him in every round on the bottom.

2/24/13 12:27 PM
epwar

LoganClark - Yeah, even Dan Hardy didn't get knocked out thrice in the first round. It was a matchup between a guy who wins almost exclusively by vicious KOs and a guy who lost his recent bouts by KO, but people are surprised that the latter fella decided to avoid the KO at all costs? Those people should work for the UFC.

LOL!  So you think Dana White and  Joe Silva were happy with Schaub laying on Johnson for 15 full minutes?  They set that fight up for fireworks and got a dud instead.

2/24/13 12:28 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoganClark - OMG, dude wants to keep his job! What an asshole!
I see your sarcastic point ;) but somebody made a good point saying if he would've slugged it out with Lavar, possible fotn/kootn could happen, and even an L in an exciting fight, and DFW keeps him on the roster IMO. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:29 PM
Elrond Hubbard

not a fan but is it shaub's fault lavar couldn't grapple effectively?
2/24/13 12:29 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

epwar -
LoganClark - OMG, dude wants to keep his job! What an asshole!

Schaub called out Johnson starting in August 2012, stating the following:

I think it'd be a good fight. Lavar hits hard. For me, yeah people say I have a weak chin, so this would solidify my place.

When you say that and then perform like you did last night, yeah, you deserve scorn.

Yep.

Dana and the ufc cut snooze festers and it would have helped Schuabs stock to have banged alittle more.

Especially in the third. The fans would have forgotten about the first two rounds of cuddling.

Now he can guarantee being cut if he doesn't win his next two.

Sucks but ufc wants to attract new fans and that kind of performance turns the average fan off. Shit even most hardcore.
Fight sucked because he could do no damage from the top. LJ beat him up more from the bottom. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.