UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kenny Robertson did not invent that leglock...

2/24/13 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hitman8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 12:58 PM

Amar Suloev tapped paul cahoon with that same exact leg/hip lock back in 2001.

It's a sambo technique, but since Kenny and Rogan only know BJJ I guess it's new to them.
2/24/13 1:02 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hitman8 - Amar Suloev tapped paul cahoon with that same exact leg/hip lock back in 2001.

It's a sambo technique, but since Kenny and Rogan only know BJJ I guess it's new to them.

Awesome sub, but I thought it was weird when he said that to Rogan. Hell, the UG already had Suloev's sub posted on here by the time Kenny's fight aired on the main card.
2/24/13 1:06 PM
hitman8

big_roy_fan - he never said he "invented it" you technical timmies..

he said something along the lines of "i did it to a guy in college and tore his hamstring in half ya know so its a something i thought would translate well into the octagon and it did"

Yes he did. Rogan asked him a direct question "Did you invent that" and Kenny answered: "Yes, I did it to a guy in college and tore his hamstring..."
2/24/13 1:14 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 1:13 PM

It's also highly likely that Kenny had never seen the Suloev submission, so he did invent it.

But don't let logic get in the way of your Rogan/BJJ envy, sambo-lovers.

2/24/13 1:16 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's all been done.

Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In any case it was badass. Props to Kenny!

hitman8

big_roy_fan - okay?
i'm sure mr. robertson had a shitload of adrenaline and he probably doesn't remember the post fight interview today..

no need to act like he took credit for something that he didn't invent.. you just look like an arse in this thread

I look like an arse for stating facts?
2/24/13 1:19 PM
hitman8

Saltyballs - 

In any case it was badass. Props to Kenny!

Don't get me wrong I think it was a great submission and he did a great job of executing it.

But it's a little ignorant of him and Rogan to act like it's something completely new invented by Kenny when it's not.
2/24/13 1:25 PM
Mit
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe he stumbled on it when he was rolling....I immediately remembered Suloev doing it.
2/24/13 1:29 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Thanks for the info. I personally didn't remember seein it before.
2/24/13 1:35 PM
Brian Rule
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the banter gave me stinging flashbacks of the unprecedented, never-before-seen "mr wonderful" submission lmao

that said, awesome technique (in both cases)
2/24/13 1:49 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hitman8 - 
big_roy_fan - okay?
i'm sure mr. robertson had a shitload of adrenaline and he probably doesn't remember the post fight interview today..

no need to act like he took credit for something that he didn't invent.. you just look like an arse in this thread

I look like an arse for stating facts?

you look like an arse for implying that somehow one grappling art owns copyright on a technique.

you like and arse for calling Joe Rogan and Kenny Robertson ignorant because they 'only know BJJ'.

you look like an arse for creating a thread to discuss something that's already been discussed in other threads.

you look like an arse for bringing nothing to the forum but your own sambo-inferiority complex.

2/24/13 1:50 PM
Hired Gun
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure Kenny and his 50k could care less Phone Post
2/24/13 1:55 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks more like a hamstring lock. I've actually caught peeps with hamstring locks before. It hurts like a bitch having that shit stretched out like that
2/24/13 1:57 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much you wanna bet that Dan the Wolfman is going to claim he invented this? Any takers?
2/24/13 2:35 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just because he wasn't the first to use it doesn't mean he couldn't have just randomly come up with it on his own, either. Phone Post
2/24/13 2:38 PM
QuadAces
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - How much you wanna bet that Dan the Wolfman is going to claim he invented this? Any takers?
Dan wouldn't claim to have invented it. He learned it in 1998 from a former Spetznaz colonel who was running an underground fighting ring in Juarez. Phone Post
2/24/13 2:40 PM
SnapLocally
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if the wheel existed in separate cultures that have never been exposed to each other.
2/24/13 2:44 PM
UGCTT_stuffadamdoes
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor the Taxi Driver Belfort - Do you people realize how many thing are invented at multiple times by multiple people? Look at the gas engine, 3 different people copyrighted it in different areas all without knowledge of what the other people were doing.

In grappling the same thing is even more likely to happen. You are all working with the same tool: 2 arms, 2 legs, and 1 opponent. Its completely possible he invented or rather innovated this move himself with knowledge of it previously. To that extent he did invent.

This was my thought. Phone Post
2/24/13 2:45 PM
HexRei

SnapLocally - I wonder if the wheel existed in separate cultures that have never been exposed to each other.

Nope.
2/24/13 2:49 PM
snerdog
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys, its not like he is claiming he invented the cure for polio. A guy left his leg out and Robertson grabbed it and cranked. Is that even an "invention"?
2/24/13 2:58 PM
ZzFDKzZ

Vitor the Taxi Driver Belfort - Do you people realize how many thing are invented at multiple times by multiple people? Look at the gas engine, 3 different people copyrighted it in different areas all without knowledge of what the other people were doing.

In grappling the same thing is even more likely to happen. You are all working with the same tool: 2 arms, 2 legs, and 1 opponent. Its completely possible he invented or rather innovated this move himself with knowledge of it previously. To that extent he did invent.

Good read. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:01 PM
hybridfc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eddie bravo invented it imo Phone Post
2/24/13 3:04 PM
32Hunter
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy - 

It's also highly likely that Kenny had never seen the Suloev submission, so he did invent it.

But don't let logic get in the way of your Rogan/BJJ envy, sambo-lovers.

2/24/13 3:11 PM
Strandman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a BIG difference between saying you "invented" a move and saying no one taught you the move. Kenny learned it on his own just like a lot of us learned variations of moves just by rolling with different people.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.