UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Judges did not factor in octagon control for Hendo

2/24/13 5:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Forrest Spliffn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Octagon control is such a stupid concept

Why would you say someone plodding forward eating counter shots is controlling anything ?

Eating more punches coming in than you are landing shows that effectively you are the one being controlled.

When I watched condit Diaz, by definition Diaz had octagon control. End of the night Diaz ate more shots then he dealt out and was extremely frustrated tho.
I could not give Diaz extra points for chasing his opponent. Phone Post
2/24/13 6:00 PM
bigson47

. I thought Machida "ran" a lot and refused to engage. Henderson stocked him like a lion in the rough. Hendo also out struck Machida 53-28 or so. I scored the fight 29-28 Henderson Phone Post
2/24/13 6:00 PM
InspiritMick

This thread is basically 100% wrong. Phone Post
2/24/13 6:02 PM
UGSlapshot

Forrest Spliffn - Octagon control is such a stupid concept

Why would you say someone plodding forward eating counter shots is controlling anything ?

Eating more punches coming in than you are landing shows that effectively you are the one being controlled.

When I watched condit Diaz, by definition Diaz had octagon control. End of the night Diaz ate more shots then he dealt out and was extremely frustrated tho.
I could not give Diaz extra points for chasing his opponent. Phone Post
Actually I think you just don't understand the concept because your definition of octagon control leaves a lot to be desired. Phone Post
2/24/13 6:02 PM
Bucephalus

New Thread Title:

OP did not factor in effectiveness for Hendo
2/24/13 8:21 PM
DaddyGorg

Control? Hendo just lurched around while being completely controlled. Control is a lot more than coming forward.
2/24/13 9:44 PM
MillhouseMMA
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biva -
MillhouseMMA - That's how Rampage got the nod over Machida.
And that was a bullshit decision. Phone Post
No consistency tho but hey that's mma Phone Post
2/24/13 9:48 PM
MasterofMartialArts
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why can't anybody understand this?
Just because you are moving forward does NOT mean you have control of where the fight goes. Judges have that discretion when judging a fight and they made the right call this time. He spent most of the fight landing half ass leg kicks and swinging at air. In no way, shape or form should aggression outweigh significant strikes or damage. Phone Post
2/24/13 10:08 PM
Newaza freak
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The equivalent of not understanding or caring for a fighter who shows elusive movement and precise counter striking , is the same as somebody not understanding or caring for an active guard from the bottom, that is actually getting the better of the guy on top. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.