UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Should SIGN hw Satoshi Ishii!!!!!!!

2/28/13 2:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great for for Bellator.
Get him, Barnett and a few other free HW guys and you have something resembling a division! Phone Post
2/28/13 2:48 PM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator has no interest in the Japanese Market

Ishii probably wants a shitload of money

Like Fitch and Volkmann, his fighting style doesn't turn heads

2/28/13 2:48 PM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he needs to start using some illegal elbows. 

2/28/13 2:55 PM
judom
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't you guys know...in BJJ, there is no such thing as training...everything is competition even if you don't know it, everything counts. If dude X taps dude Y on the shoulder, X tapped Y. Simple as that.
2/28/13 3:17 PM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The_R -  Just saw his record, quite good besides his first fight and a draw, no shame in being knocked out by Fedor. Phone Post

His "draw" with Paulo Filho was a fight where Ishii won every single round. Some of the crookedest judging I've ever seen on that card. Mario Yamasaki (who is Brazilian) has a story about going up to the judge who gave Royler Gracie the nod over Masakatsu Ueda in Royler's retirement fight on the same card (Ueda beat Royler by Split Decision), and the judge said his reasoning was "he's done so much for BJJ."

Anyway Ishii would be a good pick-up for Bellator or even a marginal pick-up for the UFC, but at LHW, not HW. Dude is a tiny HW.
2/28/13 3:23 PM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockwell -  Great for for Bellator.
Get him, Barnett and a few other free HW guys and you have something resembling a division! Phone Post

I was rather under the impression that Barnett got signed to the WSOF. The WSOF probably has more use for Ishii than Bellator does either, since they appear to be positioning themselves as an unofficial partner to the UFC, kind of like Invicta.
2/28/13 7:01 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judom - don't you guys know...in BJJ, there is no such thing as training...everything is competition even if you don't know it, everything counts. If dude X taps dude Y on the shoulder, X tapped Y. Simple as that.

Hey Judom, where you been man? I recently kinda got back on the judo train. I went to watch a couple of local tournaments and reconnected with some of my old clubmates. I also have the Fight Network channel here in N. America so have been getting the Grand Slam tournaments on tv. Its also amazing the amount you can catch up now on youtube. Great highlights they have of those GS'. Does Neil Adams announce for all of them? For a N. American, having the British commentator reminds me of soccer/football, ha.

Pretty impressed by Sobirov, like his I think his may be more applicable for MMA. I dont think Iliadis as strong as he is, the way he fights in judo, may be as good a translation for MMA? That ippon seoi-otoshit type throw he likes just cant be translated to MMA, neither can the sode tsurikomi goshi. Of course, perhaps he could focus on other moves but it seems his specialty is forward lifting big throws which isnt the most MMA friendly. I dont think Riner's size or makes him very MMA friendly either.

I see how the folk wrestling of Georgia now Mongolia for example have been making their way into Judo quite well.

Also, it occured to me some time ago, i never had much exposure to Russian free when i was wrestling in high school but seeing some of the technique now, it reminds of a lot of no-gi judo, the grips and set ups and movements are very similar to that of judo. Ive mentioned the adaption that the Georgians and Mongolians make from their folk to judo but what about the relation between Russian wrestling to judo. I know sambo and judo are nearly synomous in Russia. And I believe that the same Caucus area of Russia is where many of the top judo guys come from as well and are imported into the other former Soviet states too, right? I know you've mentioned that in Russia, judo is called "judo wrestling." But how much technical relation is there between Russian free and Russian judo?
2/28/13 8:04 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Btw, judom, what do you make of Ishii's game coming along at this point for MMA?
3/1/13 3:31 PM
Wasa-B

Can anyone confirm if Ishii got his BJJ BB and if its legit or how good is he actually in newaza/BJJ now?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.