UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Hate for women in sports 'sickening'

2/24/13 2:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"There's no doubt about it," said Dana White. "This was one of the biggest moments in sports. I've never had so much media around one event. SportsCenter was live tweeting about it.

"But in 2013, I never realized the hate some guys have about women in sports. It's sickening. And tonight, the main event was one of the best fights of the night."

What do you think UG? Great night for the universe, or what?

2/24/13 2:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Don_Dada
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it's a hate, it's more like a lack of interest.
2/24/13 2:51 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah he had to expect people to be hesitant on Ronda being given a belt than placed in the main event for her debut Phone Post
MikeeastonsBONER
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isnt Dana the guy who originally scoffed at the idea of women in the octagon? Funny how some dollar signs can change his mind really quickly
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - I don't think it's a hate, it's more like a lack of interest.

There is some real hate out there. Even on these forums.
2/24/13 2:52 PM
eXtv
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. DFW is just misrepresenting people's opinions in order to make his own stance look better. Nothing new here.
2/24/13 2:52 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't this guy says women would never be in the UFC at one point?

2/24/13 2:53 PM
CMX
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Dana but what a fucking hypocrite , he is only a fan now because of the buzz it is creating Phone Post
2/24/13 2:53 PM
Dr Gonzo
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a WNBA season ticket holder and I agree. GET WITH THE TIMES, the girls are every bit as exciting as the guys.
2/24/13 2:54 PM
Jacinto

MikeeastonsBONER - Isnt Dana the guy who originally scoffed at the idea of women in the octagon? Funny how some dollar signs can change his mind really quickly

2/24/13 2:55 PM
Bofbro
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked it better when he said we will never see women in the UFC.
2/24/13 2:55 PM
Fake Pie
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. I'm not into amateur MMA either due to the lower level of skill. Same for WMMA. It is like watching teenage boys try to punch each other underwater.
2/24/13 3:00 PM
2mmafreaks

MikeeastonsBONER - Isnt Dana the guy who originally scoffed at the idea of women in the octagon? Funny how some dollar signs can change his mind really quickly

2/24/13 3:04 PM
frederic
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Start around 1:25

"Never!"
2/24/13 3:07 PM
Captfireeyes
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 year ago Dana was one of the people who hated on women's sports. I guess now that he made a couple dollars of it he's changed his tune. I bet if each of the "haters" got a fat cheque each time a women's sporting event happened, they wouldn't be hating. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:08 PM
ThugRose
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post
2/24/13 3:10 PM
Fake Pie
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

It is fine that he changed his mind. The problem is going off on other people for holding the same opinion that he once held himself.
2/24/13 3:13 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread title should be "Dana makes himself sick over women's MMA"
2/24/13 3:15 PM
HexRei

ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

I think for some people who have been WMMA supporters all along while he was acting like it was a joke that would never have a place in the UFC it's just a little headshake-worthy to see him all sprung on it now because it's making him money. I'm still really glad he came around though, no matter the reason.
2/24/13 3:18 PM
shaqitup
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will it make money? Maybe in the short run but i don't really see there being much success unless there's like a Gina comeback.

2/24/13 3:21 PM
ThugRose
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -

Will it make money? Maybe in the short run but i don't really see there being much success unless there's like a Gina comeback.

It might it might not, Not the point Phone Post
2/24/13 3:26 PM
ThugRose

butthurt for my frankie - You can't put a dollar sign on integrity,girl. Phone Post
That's your choice
Person A with integrity calls person B a sell out. Person B calls person A stupid for not taking the money.
I'm not saying integrity isn't important but in this case I don't think it's that serious. And people believe oh I wouldn't do that. Well how do you know if you weren't in that situation. Example lord of flies great movie that shows the true nature of humans Phone Post
2/24/13 3:29 PM
shaqitup
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThugRose - 
shaqitup -

It might it might not, Not the point Phone Post

Well it's not really hypocritical to call Dana out on his BS. Yeah he's obviously making money, and it does make the UFC look good that they're being open to change, open to gay fighters and both genders fighting so it will probably indirectly help them regardless.

But he did say it will never happen, and now is trying to trash people who aren't interested in watching it.

I would probably watch a WMMA card if i knew some of the names, but i don't think i'd spend money for a PPV, and there are seemingly a lot of fans in the same boat.

I know dana has been to a couple of lakers games, why not any sparks games?

Yes he's obviously just trying to promote his product, but it comes off as stupid when he attacks people for having the exact view point he had a few months ago.

Keep up the vids with pat.

2/24/13 3:31 PM
4de1
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 

There is some real hate out there. Even on these forums.

This.

Whether Dana is a hypocrite is besides the point. His statement is still true.

There is some real hate out there (and easily found on this forum). Sad but true.

The women represented themselves incredibly well last night and in the lead up to the fight. Congratulations them - they made history.
2/24/13 3:32 PM
Fake Pie

ThugRose - 
butthurt for my frankie - You can't put a dollar sign on integrity,girl. Phone Post
That's your choice
Person A with integrity calls person B a sell out. Person B calls person A stupid for not taking the money.
I'm not saying integrity isn't important but in this case I don't think it's that serious. And people believe oh I wouldn't do that. Well how do you know if you weren't in that situation. Example lord of flies great movie that shows the true nature of humans Phone Post

Just had to quote this for posterity...

Lord of the Flies... the movie!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.