UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Hate for women in sports 'sickening'

2/24/13 6:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SinCityHustler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drrilll - 
SinCityHustler - 

I don;t think it has anything to do with women's sports at all.  The bar I was watching at had people make some good points, one I believe in as well.  One woman was there in protest against violence against women and I agree.  At least Rhonda doesn't beat her opponets up much, she generally just mainly twists their arm until they give up but seeing some of the girls get beaten to a pulp is difficult for me to watch and nothing at all that I find entertaining.  I don't like ot see dog fighting either, where one or both animals get mauled.  It just isn't appealing to me.  Fortunately that hematoba on Liz's head wasn't too bad but it's still difficult for me to watch violence against females.  Cyborg's fights are down right unwatchable for me, no sense in seeing a woman beaten like that when there are so many men out there you can watch being brutalized.  I do find it funny as hell that Dana takes this stand and lashes out against those who feel the exact same way he is on record as to feeling just a few months ago.  Funny guy.  

Protesting violence against women is silly. These women have a right to compete if they so choose. Protesting the fights is actually taking a stand against women's rights.

Not being interested in watching is another matter. But anyone who wants to train and sacrifice should be allowed in the cage.

Agreed.  But she felt strongly enough about it to protest about it so that's her right.  Just because I'd rather not see it I'm certainly not going to protest but I can certainly see where others would feel compelled to do so.  

2/24/13 6:02 PM
ThugRose
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey -
MikeeastonsBONER - Isnt Dana the guy who originally scoffed at the idea of women in the octagon? Funny how some dollar signs can change his mind really quickly

Dana would be having Korean midget transgender matches if he thought it would sell a ppv
Why not? Phone Post
2/24/13 6:06 PM
ThugRose
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SinCityHustler no one says she shouldn't have an opinion. I just dont understand how you can't stand the "violence" in MMA yet have an underground account?? Phone Post
2/24/13 6:09 PM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junobeach - I like how the guy who said women will never be in the UFC is now the biggest advocate for women's sports because he might be able to make a buck off them

lol
2/24/13 6:11 PM
tiki121

ThugRose - 
tiki121 -
ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

Money talks?

Pls go n00b, Dana said its not about the cash anymore

He wants the sport to be as big as it can so thats why he was all over it, when he saw the potential women's MMa would bring

Just cause you want the cash it doesnt mean everybody else does
If he didn't need the money why doesn't he give every penny to charity? Or give it all to every fighter? Duh duh duhhhh Noob noob noobie Doobie doo Phone Post

Cant you see that he Wants MMA to be the biggest sport in the world.
I mean CNN and many big name media outlets had Ronda and UFC pasted on their front page, when has that ever happened.

Its more of an Empire thing and showing the world his hard work than money...

why doesnt every athlete that donates, donate a few cents, dollars extra
Logic, not even once...

2/24/13 6:14 PM
Kenso
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Pie - 
ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

It is fine that he changed his mind. The problem is going off on other people for holding the same opinion that he once held himself.

THIS

2/24/13 6:21 PM
ThugRose

tiki121 -
ThugRose - 
tiki121 -

Money talks?

Pls go n00b, Dana said its not about the cash anymore

He wants the sport to be as big as it can so thats why he was all over it, when he saw the potential women's MMa would bring

Just cause you want the cash it doesnt mean everybody else does
If he didn't need the money why doesn't he give every penny to charity? Or give it all to every fighter? Duh duh duhhhh Noob noob noobie Doobie doo Phone Post

Cant you see that he Wants MMA to be the biggest sport in the world.
I mean CNN and many big name media outlets had Ronda and UFC pasted on their front page, when has that ever happened.

Its more of an Empire thing and showing the world his hard work than money...

why doesnt every athlete that donates, donate a few cents, dollars extra
Logic, not even once...

Of course he wants it to be successful why wouldn't he? Phone Post
2/24/13 6:21 PM
ThugRose

Heel Hooker - WTF do you mean you don't like cheese? That means you don't like Pizza and that not even funny to joke about.

Regarding women's MMA I used to not like, didn't like seeing women fight. Watched the last Invicta card and changed my mind. Does that make me a hypocrite or did I just stop being f'n ignorant and was able to enjoy the fights for the same reasons I like watching men fight? I prefer to think I grew and opened my mind.
I LOVE CHEESE!!! Phone Post
2/24/13 6:24 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is a hyprocrite because now he is trying to judge others for the very same views he once held that were only recently changed due to money.

I am sure if there was no Ronda around that Dana would not give a shit about women except for the ones carrying around the ring cards.

I don't care either way for WMMA but I do have a problem when perennial top 10 fighters like Fitch are cut to make room for them.
2/24/13 6:25 PM
IIAces

junobeach - I like how the guy who said women will never be in the UFC is now the biggest advocate for women's sports because he might be able to make a buck off them
This. He's ok with it cause he has a cash cow now. Phone Post
2/24/13 6:29 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces - 
junobeach - I like how the guy who said women will never be in the UFC is now the biggest advocate for women's sports because he might be able to make a buck off them
This. He's ok with it cause he has a cash cow now. Phone Post

Dana probably shit his pants when Ronda was getting neck cranked.
2/24/13 6:33 PM
crumbs

I don't recall Dana ever using the "language" some of the anti-WMMA people have been tossing around. Did he ever say women don't ever belong in the cage? Like some people on the UG have.

I know he always mention the women's wasn't deep enough.
2/24/13 6:40 PM
CDarwin
755 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 6:42 PM

I was stoked for the fight last night, and it was a really exviting fight too.

But, I usually never watch women's sports for all the right reasons (regardless of looks etc).

2/24/13 6:43 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana speaks the truth about the hate on for women in sports/mma. You read it here every day. I find it funny that his argument against it was always that the division wasn't deep enough, yet he admits he never did his research in the first place. Was cool to see Rhonda saying she was going to give him no choice but to change his mind, and she did just that. Now WMMA has another star in Carmouche who many hadn't even heard of before. It just going to keep getting bigger.
2/24/13 6:51 PM
crumbs

puss'nmitts - Dana speaks the truth about the hate on for women in sports/mma. You read it here every day. I find it funny that his argument against it was always that the division wasn't deep enough, yet he admits he never did his research in the first place. Was cool to see Rhonda saying she was going to give him no choice but to change his mind, and she did just that. Now WMMA has another star in Carmouche who many hadn't even heard of before. It just going to keep getting bigger.

I agree, people in this thread are comparing Dana's uneducated early thoughts on WMMA , to The anti-wmma haters now. Dana was just stupid , but he didn't hate womens sports. I just don't see the irony some people are trying to make. The only irony there is Dana said never, and changed his mind. He was never disparaging to the women.

2/24/13 6:56 PM
KingOfFighters

MikeeastonsBONER - Isnt Dana the guy who originally scoffed at the idea of women in the octagon? Funny how some dollar signs can change his mind really quickly

I think it's Lorenzo who sat him the fuck down, and told him how things are going to be in the UFC. Dana got sat the fuck down about tito, and bj penn. Never put your grudges in front of the american dollar.
2/24/13 7:11 PM
rescueink

Like its been said on here before u can Change your opinion but don't condemn me for not changing mine. No surprise here but he always makes hypocritical statements. I wouldn't pay top dollar to watch 2 woman fight at this point with where there talent pool is and level of skill they have for professional mma. Phone Post
2/24/13 7:48 PM
Van Terminator
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's getting harder and harder to take anything Dana White says seriously.

He expects people to view the UFC as the pinnacle of combat sports, and then puts out cards headlined by female fighters that are decades behind their male counterparts.
2/24/13 7:51 PM
crumbs

rescueink -  Like its been said on here before u can Change your opinion but don't condemn me for not changing mine. No surprise here but he always makes hypocritical statements. I wouldn't pay top dollar to watch 2 woman fight at this point with where there talent pool is and level of skill they have for professional mma. Phone Post

I think Dana's problem, is people who hate women in sports. Your excuse to not watch wmma is very valid, and WMMA is fairly new, and your criticism was very civil.

But you don't "hate women in sports" right? Which is who I think Dana is talking about. And how some people are being a lil, aggressive with there hate for women in sports

I don't hate women in sports, but like you, wouldn't watch a wnba game, I don't hate those players tho.
2/24/13 7:59 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just damn sick and tired of being accused of "hate" every time I don't agree with someone... MMA or otherwise.

STOP PROJECTING.

2/24/13 8:01 PM
Steel Bayou
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of best fights Phone Post
2/24/13 8:15 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

One of the biggest moments in sports?  Are you fuckin kidding Dana? 

Exactly what i was thinking.

Also i don't have any hate for womens MMA, i just have zero interest in it.

2/24/13 8:17 PM
DonFrye_Fan

It's called we don't wanna be fed bullshit.

2/24/13 8:17 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane

Van Terminator - It's getting harder and harder to take anything Dana White says seriously.

He expects people to view the UFC as the pinnacle of combat sports, and then puts out cards headlined by female fighters that are decades behind their male counterparts.

So true.

2/24/13 8:20 PM
Lux Fixxins

Dr Gonzo - I'm a WNBA season ticket holder and I agree. GET WITH THE TIMES, the girls are every bit as exciting as the guys.
Lol @ WNBA Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.