UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Hate for women in sports 'sickening'

2/24/13 8:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lux Fixxins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Gonzo - I'm a WNBA season ticket holder and I agree. GET WITH THE TIMES, the girls are every bit as exciting as the guys.
Lol @ WNBA Phone Post
2/24/13 8:21 PM
Lux Fixxins

DojoJay -

I'm just damn sick and tired of being accused of "hate" every time I don't agree with someone... MMA or otherwise.

STOP PROJECTING.

A smart man wrote this Phone Post
2/24/13 8:24 PM
tiki121

Lux Fixxins - 
Dr Gonzo - I'm a WNBA season ticket holder and I agree. GET WITH THE TIMES, the girls are every bit as exciting as the guys.
Lol @ WNBA Phone Post

lol
2/24/13 8:29 PM
shermbe

look at this collection of fucking pathetic men: http://ramondestroys.tumblr.com/post/43874620065

this is why i hate mma fans
2/24/13 8:46 PM
Dr Gonzo
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tiki121 - 
Lux Fixxins - 
Lol @ WNBA Phone Post

lol

Haters, these girls GO FOR IT. Only mouth breathers see any difference in the men's and women's leagues.
2/24/13 9:04 PM
rescueink

If u wanna see how big it can be, make an all woman's UFC roster and only they fight on that card, I guarantee it crashes and burns. U are used to a higher level of competition . I wouldn't pay to watch amatuer fights either on tv and that is in essence where they are at. Not their fault it's just beginning but I don't wanna hear rousey or any other woman put themselves in the class of the men yet. That is a turnoff with Ronda, she isn't humble from how she spoke about other Olympians to gsp Phone Post
2/24/13 10:04 PM
Publicnoose

Shut the fuck up Dana. You are nothing special some one should slap him Phone Post
2/24/13 10:26 PM
bamx2
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Pie - 
ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

It is fine that he changed his mind. The problem is going off on other people for holding the same opinion that he once held himself.

2/24/13 10:32 PM
Dirtguy

CMX - I like Dana but what a fucking hypocrite , he is only a fan now because of the buzz it is creating Phone Post
Totally agree Phone Post
2/24/13 10:37 PM
FSMA

CMX -  I like Dana but what a fucking hypocrite , he is only a fan now because of the buzz it is creating Phone Post

lol @ Dana.

What a douchebag. Seriously. Against TUF...saw that maybe it could make money so did it and it saved the UFC's ass. Against women in the UFC...same thing again. Now, women in the UFC is a great idea.

I'm hoping this card tanked. Fuck him.

2/24/13 11:01 PM
Humphrey

KingOfFighters - 
MikeeastonsBONER - Isnt Dana the guy who originally scoffed at the idea of women in the octagon? Funny how some dollar signs can change his mind really quickly

I think it's Lorenzo who sat him the fuck down, and told him how things are going to be in the UFC. Dana got sat the fuck down about tito, and bj penn. Never put your grudges in front of the american dollar.

i get the feeling the fertitas have sat dana down patted him on the head with instructions many times.
2/24/13 11:50 PM
Whambo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how Dana is Mr. women in sports ambassador now that he's found a way to make a buck out of it. Never forget who really made Ronda, it wasn't fucking Dana white. Scott Coker's legacy will just be brushed aside.
2/25/13 12:02 AM
FJJ828

LOL @ DFW for calling it "Hate" when someone doesn't wanna buy what he is selling.

2/25/13 12:04 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Don_Dada - I don't think it's a hate, it's more like a lack of interest.
This. LOL at trying to shame people into paying for shit. Phone Post
2/25/13 12:37 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tiki121 - 
ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

Money talks?

Pls go n00b, Dana said its not about the cash anymore

He wants the sport to be as big as it can so thats why he was all over it, when he saw the potential women's MMa would bring

Just cause you want the cash it doesnt mean everybody else does

"Pls go n00b". Just out of curiosity, do actually know who the fuck you called a n00b?
2/25/13 12:46 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Pie - 

It is fine that he changed his mind. The problem is going off on other people for holding the same opinion that he once held himself.

You know, I do think this is a valid criticism, but it still implies that a lot of the haters are hating out of sheer ignorance like Dana White was, which he kind of admitted to.
2/25/13 1:18 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

The hate is sickening, if you don't drop $55 on a ppv on a card with a female headlining then you're a sick POS! Phone Post
2/25/13 1:30 AM
ThugRose
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs - I don't recall Dana ever using the "language" some of the anti-WMMA people have been tossing around. Did he ever say women don't ever belong in the cage? Like some people on the UG have.

I know he always mention the women's wasn't deep enough.
This Phone Post
2/25/13 1:31 AM
ThugRose
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -

I love how this generation works.  If you're not 100% in support of anything any woman does then you're a misogynistic piece of shit.

No.  It's not malice, it's simply apathy.

Take your pills and live your own life, fuck.

No one is saying that. You're a pig if you say piggish things like get back in the kitchen, not if you simply aren't interested in the sport. If you don't like it it's fine just don't watch simple as that Phone Post
2/25/13 1:34 AM
ThugRose

cyberc92 - Dana is a hyprocrite because now he is trying to judge others for the very same views he once held that were only recently changed due to money.

I am sure if there was no Ronda around that Dana would not give a shit about women except for the ones carrying around the ring cards.

I don't care either way for WMMA but I do have a problem when perennial top 10 fighters like Fitch are cut to make room for them.
He's not forcing anyone to do or think anything. Just doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements, but if you don't like the sport then don't have to watch that simple. Just don't have to be hateful and say nasty things like women shouldn't be able to compete and whatnot Phone Post
2/25/13 1:35 AM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mac_timm - 
puss'nmitts - Dana speaks the truth about the hate on for women in sports/mma. You read it here every day. I find it funny that his argument against it was always that the division wasn't deep enough, yet he admits he never did his research in the first place. Was cool to see Rhonda saying she was going to give him no choice but to change his mind, and she did just that. Now WMMA has another star in Carmouche who many hadn't even heard of before. It just going to keep getting bigger.

No, no it is not going to get bigger. That main event was pure crap. I like WMMA but not going to pay $50+ to watch it headline an event.

How does the Kool-Aide taste?

You don't have to pay for it and I think it will do just fine without you. We will see how the ppv numbers do, but the event was sold out and the bar I watched it at was packed. Yes, the women can't take all the credit but it proved they can headline a successful card. If I'm wrong I will just have to keep watching them fight in other promotions, but I'm pretty confident we will be seeing more women in the UFC. Not drinking any kool-aide, just like watching good fights.
2/25/13 1:41 AM
soremano

4de1 - 
HexRei - 
Don_Dada - I don't think it's a hate, it's more like a lack of interest.

There is some real hate out there. Even on these forums.

This.

Whether Dana is a hypocrite is besides the point. His statement is still true.

There is some real hate out there (and easily found on this forum). Sad but true.

The women represented themselves incredibly well last night and in the lead up to the fight. Congratulations them - they made history.

2/25/13 1:42 AM
GnP Sonnen
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Octagon is no kitchen, women dont belong there!
Jk but he didnt want it in the first place. Phone Post
2/25/13 1:49 AM
ThugRose

shermbe - look at this collection of fucking pathetic men: http://ramondestroys.tumblr.com/post/43874620065

This was the most disgusting series of tweets ugh it's as bad as after Obama was elected president. Phone Post
2/25/13 1:49 AM
ThugRose

shermbe - look at this collection of fucking pathetic men: http://ramondestroys.tumblr.com/post/43874620065

This was the most disgusting series of tweets ugh it's as bad as after Obama was elected president. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.