UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Hate for women in sports 'sickening'

2/25/13 1:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThugRose
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -
tiki121 - 
ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

Money talks?

Pls go n00b, Dana said its not about the cash anymore

He wants the sport to be as big as it can so thats why he was all over it, when he saw the potential women's MMa would bring

Just cause you want the cash it doesnt mean everybody else does

"Pls go n00b". Just out of curiosity, do actually know who the fuck you called a n00b?
Lol ik right I chuckled a little Phone Post
2/25/13 1:55 AM
circulation123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junobeach - I like how the guy who said women will never be in the UFC is now the biggest advocate for women's sports because he might be able to make a buck off them

Yes. And your problem is…..?   This is a business. She is a star. She has a skill. And the fans love her. The crowd erupted when she got into the armbar position.
2/25/13 2:06 AM
ThugRose
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My president is black my lambo is blue and ill be goddamn if the UFC champ ain't ronda too ayooooo Phone Post
2/25/13 2:15 AM
theshooter
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny how Dana is complaining about the "hate" for women in sports from some guys when it was not that long ago that Dana was one of those guys. Does he think that everyone forgot how he used to say that women would never fight in the UFC?
2/25/13 2:16 AM
butcher4
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So people aren't allowed to change their minds about anything ever?
2/25/13 2:42 AM
circulation123

butcher4 - So people aren't allowed to change their minds about anything ever?

This.

2/25/13 2:56 AM
EVIL YOSHI
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The WNBA is like watching boys junior varsity basketball. It's the highest level, and it's slow and boring. Don't know how you can make it more exciting, but....I'll be a hater until you do. You can only show so many fast breaks and three pointers on Sportscenter. Phone Post
2/25/13 3:06 AM
circulation123

EVIL YOSHI -  The WNBA is like watching boys junior varsity basketball. It's the highest level, and it's slow and boring. Don't know how you can make it more exciting, but....I'll be a hater until you do. You can only show so many fast breaks and three pointers on Sportscenter. Phone Post

Stop with the stupid analogy of Basketball and MMA. They are not even the same beast.  Anaheim crowd erupted in cheers when Rousey got in the position for arm bar.  WMMA got traction at least for now. They still have long way to go. And who knows, maybe WMMA in UFC will fizzle and die by 2015. But UFC 157 was a good start in preventing that from happening.
2/25/13 3:07 AM
xXJayRobXx
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eXtv -
Don_Dada - I don't think it's a hate, it's more like a lack of interest.

This. DFW is just misrepresenting people's opinions in order to make his own stance look better. Nothing new here.
Your wrong. I've seen the hate on these forums. Phone Post
2/25/13 3:20 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Caffee - 
ThugRose - 
cyberc92 - Dana is a hyprocrite because now he is trying to judge others for the very same views he once held that were only recently changed due to money.

I am sure if there was no Ronda around that Dana would not give a shit about women except for the ones carrying around the ring cards.

I don't care either way for WMMA but I do have a problem when perennial top 10 fighters like Fitch are cut to make room for them.
He's not forcing anyone to do or think anything. Just doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements, but if you don't like the sport then don't have to watch that simple. Just don't have to be hateful and say nasty things like women shouldn't be able to compete and whatnot Phone Post

Dana doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements...

What about the one's that come from his own mouth, like when he called Loretta Hunt a "cunt"?

So now he's all for WMMA he's a modern day Andrea Dworkin (they do kinda look alike) and a champion for women's rights?

Any woman who looks up to Dana must have some pretty bad self esteem issues.

Just to be fair, I'm about 95% sure Dana White called Loretta Hunt a "fucking bitch", not a "cunt." Still hateful but not at the same level. Also, it's kind of sad if with all the hundreds of hours of videotape of this guy that's the most misogynistic thing he's ever said. He's already admitted he was wrong about women in the UFC and it appears they will be doing at least one full division now, so whatever.
2/25/13 3:56 AM
crumbs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Caffee - 
ThugRose - 
cyberc92 - Dana is a hyprocrite because now he is trying to judge others for the very same views he once held that were only recently changed due to money.

I am sure if there was no Ronda around that Dana would not give a shit about women except for the ones carrying around the ring cards.

I don't care either way for WMMA but I do have a problem when perennial top 10 fighters like Fitch are cut to make room for them.
He's not forcing anyone to do or think anything. Just doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements, but if you don't like the sport then don't have to watch that simple. Just don't have to be hateful and say nasty things like women shouldn't be able to compete and whatnot Phone Post

Dana doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements...

What about the one's that come from his own mouth, like when he called Loretta Hunt a "cunt"?

So now he's all for WMMA he's a modern day Andrea Dworkin (they do kinda look alike) and a champion for women's rights?

Any woman who looks up to Dana must have some pretty bad self esteem issues.

Have you even watched that video.?, while it has some hilarious offensive things it it, no where did Dana bash women as a gender. He just went off on Loretta cunt. Who is part of the media, and Dana treated her like any other member of the media he hates, regardless of her gender, slow clap for Dana's equality. Josh gross, Loretta,iole, to him gender means nothing, his insults cross all boundaries.

If anything, Dana just uses way to much foul language, if it's anything people should flip out over and go soccer mom mode on( and boy have people gone soccer mom up in this bitch), I guess it could be that.
2/25/13 4:05 AM
Madrugadao

There is a new champion for Women's and Gay rights. (Taking on the world, one front page at a time). Dana Fucking White!

Any of you cunts and faggots disrespecting this event, are a bunch of bitchy little anti-gay, misogynists.
2/25/13 5:43 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane

Chromium - 
tiki121 - 
ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

Money talks?

Pls go n00b, Dana said its not about the cash anymore

He wants the sport to be as big as it can so thats why he was all over it, when he saw the potential women's MMa would bring

Just cause you want the cash it doesnt mean everybody else does

"Pls go n00b". Just out of curiosity, do actually know who the fuck you called a n00b?

lol @ Mr White Knight...

2/25/13 6:12 AM
KingOfFighters

WMMA will be in the ufc I'd say another 2 years......once ronda loses, and they can't market a she male like cyborg, they'll just get rid of this "divison".

What female sports are succesful? Tennis is the only one that comes to mind, and those girls carry the load. They don't have to be carried by nadal, or federer at an event which is what's happening in the ufc.

Have an all girl show, and see how pathetic the numbers would be. The american public didn't buy WNBA, they didn't buy womens soccer, or womens football (lol remember that? no?), this shit will flop as well.

The women just can't fight at the highest level of the sport. They're static rock em sock em robots, whose differences from the men are instantly apparent to the viewer. They don't circle, when they're hurt they turn their back and run away like it's a street fight lol. WMMA is just comical, no one is buying that these broads are "some of the best fighters in the world".

With that said I don't mind them being on the undercard, but the main event? Bullshit, I want to see fights at the highest levels of the sport. I am being robbed of a high level fight when one of these cans fill up a slot.
2/25/13 6:35 AM
SinCityHustler

ThugRose - 
SinCityHustler -

I don;t think it has anything to do with women's sports at all.  The bar I was watching at had people make some good points, one I believe in as well.  One woman was there in protest against violence against women and I agree.  At least Rhonda doesn't beat her opponets up much, she generally just mainly twists their arm until they give up but seeing some of the girls get beaten to a pulp is difficult for me to watch and nothing at all that I find entertaining.  I don't like ot see dog fighting either, where one or both animals get mauled.  It just isn't appealing to me.  Fortunately that hematoba on Liz's head wasn't too bad but it's still difficult for me to watch violence against females.  Cyborg's fights are down right unwatchable for me, no sense in seeing a woman beaten like that when there are so many men out there you can watch being brutalized.  I do find it funny as hell that Dana takes this stand and lashes out against those who feel the exact same way he is on record as to feeling just a few months ago.  Funny guy.  

So you have a problem with MMA in general, why the heck are you on the underground one of the biggest MMA forums on the Internet if you're not a fan of it? And to say that getting your arm broken isn't brutal or anything well...all I can say to that is come here let me put you in an armbar and say the same thing please Phone Post

No problem with MMA what so ever. In fact, I'm a big fan and follow the sport closely. Not sure how you reached your simple minded conclusion but I digress.

I must admit you asking me to "let you" put me in an arm bar does sound cute but if you need me to "let you" what exactly will you prove about the move? Shouldn't you be able to get it on me even if I resist?

Question, why don't you challenge Matt Hughes or GSP to putting them in an arm bar, seeing as they both share my views on rather not seeing women beaten up?

2/25/13 6:40 AM
KingOfFighters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NagiB5VFTM

This is thug roses first fight. Thugrose throws a jab, and what does her opponent do? She winces, instead of trying to block the shot, then engages her by closing that one eye, and doing some sort of standing hammer fist while running at her in the first few seconds of the fight.

Round 2 her opponent is telegraphing punches, jabbing at the air. In boxing one of the first things they teach you is to know your distance, know your reach. For you to know when you can, and cannot hit your opponents at all time. I don't know why she thinks rose will just walk into her jabs.

Instead of putting her weight behind her jab, and step into the jab, this broad lifts her foot, and slaps it down as if were a pro wrestling match.

I'm not sure what wmma's greatest fight is, or highest level of fight has been but i'll think it's probably carano vs cyborg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUG5fOOE8Vc

Carano does the same shit when cyborg engages her, cyborg throws a 1+2 combo, carano winces, shuts her eyes, and throws a big right hand, then covers up, and turns into a static punching bag.

Something about women fight's IMO that always happens, is that they freeze when they feel they're going to get hit. They wince, they close their eyes, and just stand there.

Look at 2:32, I think gina is trying to go for a knee bar, lol and cyborg just spints out of it, wtf is that?

There's just too many mistakes to point out, and Lol@carano defending ground and pound by turtling. She got hit, she froze, and turtled, because that's in her nature as a woman.
2/25/13 6:40 AM
SinCityHustler

ThugRose -  SinCityHustler no one says she shouldn't have an opinion. I just dont understand how you can't stand the "violence" in MMA yet have an underground account?? Phone Post

Sweetie it isn't violence in MMA that I "can't stand" it's violence against women that is difficult for me to stomach.  I'm not going to protest it, I'm not going to try to stop it, I just don't enjoy it.

2/25/13 7:19 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane

Edited: 02/25/13 7:20 AM
KingOfFighters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NagiB5VFTM

This is thug roses first fight. Thugrose throws a jab, and what does her opponent do? She winces, instead of trying to block the shot, then engages her by closing that one eye, and doing some sort of standing hammer fist while running at her in the first few seconds of the fight.

Round 2 her opponent is telegraphing punches, jabbing at the air. In boxing one of the first things they teach you is to know your distance, know your reach. For you to know when you can, and cannot hit your opponents at all time. I don't know why she thinks rose will just walk into her jabs.

Instead of putting her weight behind her jab, and step into the jab, this broad lifts her foot, and slaps it down as if were a pro wrestling match.

I'm not sure what wmma's greatest fight is, or highest level of fight has been but i'll think it's probably carano vs cyborg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUG5fOOE8Vc

Carano does the same shit when cyborg engages her, cyborg throws a 1+2 combo, carano winces, shuts her eyes, and throws a big right hand, then covers up, and turns into a static punching bag.

Something about women fight's IMO that always happens, is that they freeze when they feel they're going to get hit. They wince, they close their eyes, and just stand there.

Look at 2:32, I think gina is trying to go for a knee bar, lol and cyborg just spints out of it, wtf is that?

There's just too many mistakes to point out, and Lol@carano defending ground and pound by turtling. She got hit, she froze, and turtled, because that's in her nature as a woman.

In many ways watching the fight on sat reminded me of watching gracie fight. Ronda just runnning in and grabbing the way royce used to (i know it wasn't quite as basic, she was at least throwing jabs) and carmouche didn't seem to have a clue how to defend such a blatent and basic rush. In fact goldie even stated that everyone that fights ronda knows whats comming but no one has a clue how to defend it.

Sure, gender aside, it was kind of entertaining (watching women hit each other isn't really my gig) but it was entertaining in the same way a kids soccer game is, plently of action 15-25 score but not exactly what you would call the pinnacle of the sport. Put it this way, can you imagine what would of happend if dan had tried to rush in like that on sat.

2/25/13 8:23 AM
EVIL YOSHI
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 -
EVIL YOSHI -  The WNBA is like watching boys junior varsity basketball. It's the highest level, and it's slow and boring. Don't know how you can make it more exciting, but....I'll be a hater until you do. You can only show so many fast breaks and three pointers on Sportscenter. Phone Post

Stop with the stupid analogy of Basketball and MMA. They are not even the same beast.  Anaheim crowd erupted in cheers when Rousey got in the position for arm bar.  WMMA got traction at least for now. They still have long way to go. And who knows, maybe WMMA in UFC will fizzle and die by 2015. But UFC 157 was a good start in preventing that from happening.
That isn't my point. He says 'woman's sports haters'. Some sports, like WMMA is very exciting and fun to watch. Other sports are so God awful bad I'll be a hater forever. I'll watch wmma, I'll never watch WNBA. You can't lump all the sports together, like if I don't like the wnba, I can't like anything women do. Wrong. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:32 AM
circulation123

EVIL YOSHI - 
circulation123 -

That isn't my point. He says 'woman's sports haters'. Some sports, like WMMA is very exciting and fun to watch. Other sports are so God awful bad I'll be a hater forever. I'll watch wmma, I'll never watch WNBA. You can't lump all the sports together, like if I don't like the wnba, I can't like anything women do. Wrong. Phone Post

I guess I misread your post. This thread really became chaotic with the shrill tirades from both sides and I mixed up your post with other poster’s comment. Sorry about that.

But I think using the word ‘hater’ to describe your lack of interest for some women’s sports is too strong of a word. Just say you aren’t interested instead of saying “hater” when talking about yourself when it comes to women’s sports

2/25/13 9:34 AM
kungfugrip

Dana was hating on women's mma back when strikeforce was strikeforce. But now that Ronda is a money maker. Women's mma is great.

Salesman selling whatever people will buy
2/25/13 9:38 AM
Rhys91
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junobeach - I like how the guy who said women will never be in the UFC is now the biggest advocate for women's sports because he might be able to make a buck off them
This Phone Post
2/25/13 9:40 AM
Herman Munster

Edited: 02/25/13 9:41 AM

Coming from Dana who only introduced WMMA to the UFC because he found a hopeful cash cow in Ronda.  Dana, you are a fuckin loser, shut it.

2/25/13 9:43 AM
circulation123

Rhys91 - 
junobeach - I like how the guy who said women will never be in the UFC is now the biggest advocate for women's sports because he might be able to make a buck off them
This Phone Post

Dana changed his mind. It happens. It’s called changing with time.
2/25/13 9:45 AM
circulation123

Herman Munster - 

Coming from Dana who only introduced WMMA to the UFC because he found a hopeful cash cow in Ronda.  Dana, you are a fuckin loser, shut it.

Dana is running a business. And this woman’s got skill. Who knows maybe WMMA in UFC will fizzle out by the year 2015 but UFC 157 was a great start to prevent that from happening.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.