UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Hate for women in sports 'sickening'

2/25/13 10:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tiki121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
tiki121 - 
ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

Money talks?

Pls go n00b, Dana said its not about the cash anymore

He wants the sport to be as big as it can so thats why he was all over it, when he saw the potential women's MMa would bring

Just cause you want the cash it doesnt mean everybody else does

"Pls go n00b". Just out of curiosity, do actually know who the fuck you called a n00b?

someone with a /13 join date
Its obvious hes new to the game
I've been around since UFC in London when BJ penn K0'ed carl Uno

I've Known Dana for a while and have done business with him, I dont think its Right for n00bs to talk smack on him as a person.
2/25/13 10:33 AM
ThugRose
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Caffee -
ThugRose - 
cyberc92 - Dana is a hyprocrite because now he is trying to judge others for the very same views he once held that were only recently changed due to money.

I am sure if there was no Ronda around that Dana would not give a shit about women except for the ones carrying around the ring cards.

I don't care either way for WMMA but I do have a problem when perennial top 10 fighters like Fitch are cut to make room for them.
He's not forcing anyone to do or think anything. Just doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements, but if you don't like the sport then don't have to watch that simple. Just don't have to be hateful and say nasty things like women shouldn't be able to compete and whatnot Phone Post

Dana doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements...

What about the one's that come from his own mouth, like when he called Loretta Hunt a "cunt"?

So now he's all for WMMA he's a modern day Andrea Dworkin (they do kinda look alike) and a champion for women's rights?

Any woman who looks up to Dana must have some pretty bad self esteem issues.

No one said anyone looks up to him either as a matter of fact I don't even pay that much attention to that dude to even know he said anything like that. And so what I've called many people many bad names before depends what context it's in. Just sounds like people are crying to me. Phone Post
2/25/13 10:35 AM
ThugRose
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson -
Fake Pie - 
Don_Dada - I don't think it's a hate, it's more like a lack of interest.

This. I'm not into amateur MMA either due to the lower level of skill. Same for WMMA. It is like watching teenage boys try to punch each other underwater.

This. For instance, holding a head and arm position for as long as Rousey did from side mount simply does not happen at the elite level. The best judoka or wrestler in men's elite mma would have been swept or had their back taken trying to do that for that long.
Have you fought before? I doubt it if not you have no fucking idea what is elite in fighting get out. Phone Post
2/25/13 10:37 AM
ThugRose

Glovegate -
ThugRose - 
Glovegate -

I love how this generation works.  If you're not 100% in support of anything any woman does then you're a misogynistic piece of shit.

No.  It's not malice, it's simply apathy.

Take your pills and live your own life, fuck.

No one is saying that. You're a pig if you say piggish things like get back in the kitchen, not if you simply aren't interested in the sport. If you don't like it it's fine just don't watch simple as that Phone Post

Tell that to the countless people who immediately declare you a woman hater if you do anything except bow down to the greatness of wmma.

I'm a little bit tired of defending my lack of interest as anything other than simple apathy.

Also most of these people seem to be using the kitchen thing as a joke but I'm not one of them so I can't say for sure.

"He's not forcing anyone to do or think anything"

He is absolutely trying to shame people into paying for it.  Buy it or you're a knuckle-dragging caveman.  This tactic is all over now.  UGBlog just used it in a recent article.  People all over this site are posting it over and over.  It's certainly not the case that "no one is saying that".

YOU are not saying that.  But that's because you're a nice lady.

Okay well fair enough just like there is racism there is reverse racism or whatever the correct term is. Im sure there is plenty of that dealing with sexism. But you are right I am not saying that cause I am nice lol sometimes... Phone Post
2/25/13 10:40 AM
HexRei

KingOfFighters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NagiB5VFTM

This is thug roses first fight. Thugrose throws a jab, and what does her opponent do? She winces, instead of trying to block the shot, then engages her by closing that one eye, and doing some sort of standing hammer fist while running at her in the first few seconds of the fight.

Round 2 her opponent is telegraphing punches, jabbing at the air. In boxing one of the first things they teach you is to know your distance, know your reach. For you to know when you can, and cannot hit your opponents at all time. I don't know why she thinks rose will just walk into her jabs.

Instead of putting her weight behind her jab, and step into the jab, this broad lifts her foot, and slaps it down as if were a pro wrestling match.

I'm not sure what wmma's greatest fight is, or highest level of fight has been but i'll think it's probably carano vs cyborg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUG5fOOE8Vc

Carano does the same shit when cyborg engages her, cyborg throws a 1+2 combo, carano winces, shuts her eyes, and throws a big right hand, then covers up, and turns into a static punching bag.

Something about women fight's IMO that always happens, is that they freeze when they feel they're going to get hit. They wince, they close their eyes, and just stand there.

Look at 2:32, I think gina is trying to go for a knee bar, lol and cyborg just spints out of it, wtf is that?

There's just too many mistakes to point out, and Lol@carano defending ground and pound by turtling. She got hit, she froze, and turtled, because that's in her nature as a woman.

i can only assume you are one of those people they have to cut a hole in the wall and airlift out to the hospital because your fat ass has physically merged with your couch
2/25/13 10:45 AM
ThugRose

SinCityHustler -
ThugRose - 
SinCityHustler -

I don;t think it has anything to do with women's sports at all.  The bar I was watching at had people make some good points, one I believe in as well.  One woman was there in protest against violence against women and I agree.  At least Rhonda doesn't beat her opponets up much, she generally just mainly twists their arm until they give up but seeing some of the girls get beaten to a pulp is difficult for me to watch and nothing at all that I find entertaining.  I don't like ot see dog fighting either, where one or both animals get mauled.  It just isn't appealing to me.  Fortunately that hematoba on Liz's head wasn't too bad but it's still difficult for me to watch violence against females.  Cyborg's fights are down right unwatchable for me, no sense in seeing a woman beaten like that when there are so many men out there you can watch being brutalized.  I do find it funny as hell that Dana takes this stand and lashes out against those who feel the exact same way he is on record as to feeling just a few months ago.  Funny guy.  

So you have a problem with MMA in general, why the heck are you on the underground one of the biggest MMA forums on the Internet if you're not a fan of it? And to say that getting your arm broken isn't brutal or anything well...all I can say to that is come here let me put you in an armbar and say the same thing please Phone Post

No problem with MMA what so ever. In fact, I'm a big fan and follow the sport closely. Not sure how you reached your simple minded conclusion but I digress.

I must admit you asking me to "let you" put me in an arm bar does sound cute but if you need me to "let you" what exactly will you prove about the move? Shouldn't you be able to get it on me even if I resist?

Question, why don't you challenge Matt Hughes or GSP to putting them in an arm bar, seeing as they both share my views on rather not seeing women beaten up?

Thanks for the insults but no offense taken its all love. I concluded that you have a problem with MMA because you don't like the bashing of the heads and what not I don't remember what your exact words were. By that logic you must not like when men or women get knocked out or pounded into a bloody pulp in any MMA fight but an arm bar is okay and not gruesome. Doesn't make much sense other than maybe pugilistic dimensia (however you spell it) is a scary thing ill give you that. Doesn't mean that it's any more scary for a woman to get pounded in the face though. Unless you're okay with double standards who knows. Phone Post
2/25/13 11:01 AM
ThugRose

SinCityHustler -
ThugRose -  SinCityHustler no one says she shouldn't have an opinion. I just dont understand how you can't stand the "violence" in MMA yet have an underground account?? Phone Post

Sweetie it isn't violence in MMA that I "can't stand" it's violence against women that is difficult for me to stomach.  I'm not going to protest it, I'm not going to try to stop it, I just don't enjoy it.

Fair enough as long as you know that it's just something you're uncomfortable with and not against and are for "live and let live" I'm down with that Phone Post
2/25/13 11:02 AM
Misedukatd
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThugRose -  to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money. DUHHHHH it's a business he's making money so yes money talks. Is this a surprise to anyone? And is this such a crime? I think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid. If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat! Phone Post

I'll have to address this one point at a time.

"to those saying he's a hypocrite cause he knows it will make money..."

let's be clear: people are saying he is a hypocrite because he admonishes people for a holding a view that he himself held fairly recently. They believe his motivation was money, but that is not why he is being labelled a hypocrite.

"Is this a surprise to anyone?"

no, Dana has a long record of being a hypocrite.

"And is this such a crime?"

no, and I don't think anyone has suggested that it is.

"II think the ones calling him a hypocrite are the real hypocrites. To act like you wouldn't take any amount of money to go against something you said a long time ago is hypocritical either that or you're stupid."

the fact that other people may be willing to become hypocrites for the right amount of money in a hypothetical situation does not make them hypocrites to point out what Dana has actually done in real life. I would be willing to set a car on fire for a billion dollars: that doesn't mean I am a hypocrite to point out someone who is an actual arsonist.

"If someone told me ill give you a million dollars to say I like cheese when i hate it I'd do it in a heart beat!"

Man, you are missing out. There are some seriously delicious cheeses out there.

2/25/13 11:05 AM
crumbs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Caffee - 
crumbs - 
Michael Caffee - 
ThugRose - 
cyberc92 - Dana is a hyprocrite because now he is trying to judge others for the very same views he once held that were only recently changed due to money.

I am sure if there was no Ronda around that Dana would not give a shit about women except for the ones carrying around the ring cards.

I don't care either way for WMMA but I do have a problem when perennial top 10 fighters like Fitch are cut to make room for them.
He's not forcing anyone to do or think anything. Just doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements, but if you don't like the sport then don't have to watch that simple. Just don't have to be hateful and say nasty things like women shouldn't be able to compete and whatnot Phone Post

Dana doesn't agree with hateful sexist statements...

What about the one's that come from his own mouth, like when he called Loretta Hunt a "cunt"?

So now he's all for WMMA he's a modern day Andrea Dworkin (they do kinda look alike) and a champion for women's rights?

Any woman who looks up to Dana must have some pretty bad self esteem issues.

Have you even watched that video.?, while it has some hilarious offensive things it it, no where did Dana bash women as a gender. He just went off on Loretta cunt. Who is part of the media, and Dana treated her like any other member of the media he hates, regardless of her gender, slow clap for Dana's equality. Josh gross, Loretta,iole, to him gender means nothing, his insults cross all boundaries.

If anything, Dana just uses way to much foul language, if it's anything people should flip out over and go soccer mom mode on( and boy have people gone soccer mom up in this bitch), I guess it could be that.

Loretta was part of the sporting media and one of the most respected MMA journalists. Calling her a bitch/cunt are gender based insults. Call a female work colleague a fucking bitch or a cunt and try arguing it's not sexist or discriminatory.

Judging from the content and grammar of your post, I would assume you pump gas or are a janitor so you probably don't interact with women much and also that Dana is likely a surrogate father figure for you.

Could you imagine if any personality team owners, coaches, players etc in a mainstream sport went off the way he did to female reporters? I don't want you to think too hard and hurt yourself, so take things slow.

Watch at how fast FOX dump the UFC if he goes off an another childish rant like that at a female reporter or media personality and it catches wind.

Yes, yes I know the mantra, Dana keeps it real and tells it like it is, but he doesn't like being told how it is. People are just haters and not true MMA fans. Talk about a pathetic victim complex.

Dana has a hypocritical temper tantrum about sexism in sport because people didn't want to buy the card he's selling and the people calling him out on the absurdity of that coming out of his mouth are the ones going soccer mom, right...

One, you still haven't watched the video clearly, and two Loretta one of the most respected? Your like the fox news of the uG.

Loretta isn't a coworker of Dana's and his rant on her was no different then the rant he put on a MALE josh gross, do you even watch other sports? The media is constantly put on blast by owners,gms,coaches,players, other media, regardless of sex, cause unlike your dumb ass, we all treat women equally and not like some sub species that needs special treatment.

Ps. Is that you Loretta ?
2/25/13 11:16 AM
HexRei

flipmode - 
ThugRose - 
arnanderson -
Fake Pie - 

This. I'm not into amateur MMA either due to the lower level of skill. Same for WMMA. It is like watching teenage boys try to punch each other underwater.

This. For instance, holding a head and arm position for as long as Rousey did from side mount simply does not happen at the elite level. The best judoka or wrestler in men's elite mma would have been swept or had their back taken trying to do that for that long.
Have you fought before? I doubt it if not you have no fucking idea what is elite in fighting get out. Phone Post

The guy's posting above are correct.. lack of skill, speed, power, technique etc are all valid reason's to no be interested.

WMMA at the highest level is very much like watching Regional MMA for males, ULTIMATE CAGE MONSTERS 2 etc.

You don't have to be a fighter to know what you're talking about, has Greg Jackson ever fought before?

Are you seriously comparing the armchair warriors here to Greg Jackson? GTFO please and don't let the doorknob cornhole you on the way out
2/25/13 11:20 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

It's a LACK OF INTEREST. lol. it's called NOT CARING. not hating.

NO one cares that's why DFW is pumping her so hard.

Never knew DFW would be pushing some feminist agenda.
EVILYOSHIDA

EVILYOSHIDA

2/25/13 11:21 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

"Hate" is the most overused word of the past decade and constantly uttered by those with delicate sensibilities. Are there some people who hate women's mma? Sure but the majority who don't watch are just disinterested. Look at the data, there is almost no male sport that is equally viewed when women are playing. There are reasons for that beyond hate. Phone Post
2/25/13 11:22 AM
HexRei

EVILYOSHIDA - It's a LACK OF INTEREST. lol. it's called NOT CARING. not hating.

Derp
2/25/13 11:22 AM
HexRei

flipmode - 
HexRei - 
flipmode - 
ThugRose - 
arnanderson -
Fake Pie - 

The guy's posting above are correct.. lack of skill, speed, power, technique etc are all valid reason's to no be interested.

WMMA at the highest level is very much like watching Regional MMA for males, ULTIMATE CAGE MONSTERS 2 etc.

You don't have to be a fighter to know what you're talking about, has Greg Jackson ever fought before?

Are you seriously comparing the armchair warriors here to Greg Jackson? GTFO please and don't let the doorknob cornhole you on the way out

Well you may not learn anything after watching a sport everyday for years and years.. but others do.

Please tell me this is an elaborate troll
2/25/13 11:25 AM
HexRei

flipmode - 
flipmode - 
HexRei - 
flipmode - 
ThugRose - 
arnanderson -
Fake Pie - 

Well you may not learn anything after watching a sport everyday for years and years.. but others do.

Fighters always say "have you ever fought?" as to say fans don't know shit, when in reality, most fighters don't know shit.

Ummm... ok? So which top prospects did you coach to the gold, mickey?
2/25/13 11:34 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane

Hex are you seriously trying to say that it is not blatantly obvious that the skill level in womens MMA is lower than in mens?

2/25/13 11:37 AM
HexRei

flipmode - Chael P Sonnen.. but it didn't go too well.

So are you saying women DO have the same speed, power and technique and level of competition as the men?

What in our exchange makes you think I was saying this was the case, lol
2/25/13 11:39 AM

Well if you agree what exactly is it you are arguing about?

2/25/13 11:43 AM
HexRei

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 

Golly, you could always read the nested replies and figure it out for yourself
2/25/13 11:49 AM

HexRei - 

I did, i guess you don't have a point to make, just want to argue.

Our point... Womens MMA is at a shitty level compared to mens therefore we don't want to watch it.

You agree its not at the level of mens...

Now can we move on?

2/25/13 11:50 AM
HexRei

HexRei - 

I did, i guess you don't have a point to make, just want to argue.

Our point... Womens MMA is at a shitty level compared to mens therefore we don't want to watch it.

You agree its not at the level of mens...

Now can we move on?

I didn't agree with you, son.
2/25/13 11:57 AM
fightsfan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah Dana is painting that comment with a broad brush, no pun intended. As their skill level increases interest will also as I have become somewhat more interested as the matchups and skill have heightened.

that said, Dana is trying to push Womens MMA down our throats and then like a bully put us down if we don't comply.

Love most womens sports, however girls FIGHTING is not for everybody.
2/25/13 12:02 PM
JackTheCon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 - 
EVIL YOSHI -  The WNBA is like watching boys junior varsity basketball. It's the highest level, and it's slow and boring. Don't know how you can make it more exciting, but....I'll be a hater until you do. You can only show so many fast breaks and three pointers on Sportscenter. Phone Post

Stop with the stupid analogy of Basketball and MMA. They are not even the same beast.  Anaheim crowd erupted in cheers when Rousey got in the position for arm bar.  WMMA got traction at least for now. They still have long way to go. And who knows, maybe WMMA in UFC will fizzle and die by 2015. But UFC 157 was a good start in preventing that from happening.

Evil Yoshida might be onto something here. All WNBA players can school me on the court, but I do not find it entertaining to watch. Same with the WMMA competitors; I am sure they can all beat my arse on the mat, but still I have not garnered interest, and I think it just takes time for people to get interested in womens MMA.

So the crowd erupted? Sure. But it almost could not have happened. By Friday night, there were still loads of tickets available online via Ticketmaster. Sure, it has happened where other UFC events don't sell out, but the hype built around this fight is similar to others that sold out weeks prior to the event. I heard in the post fight press conference that the fight was a sell out. I would like to know how many of those tickets were given out on Friday or early Saturday?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.