UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey's outfit- devalues WMMA?

2/24/13 2:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shawarma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recorded the fights and had to see the main event twice due to not being able to concentrate on anything except Ronda's chest throughout every key moment.

Neck crank- will her boob fall out
Boob kick- will her boob fall out
Side pin/control- what's happening with her boobs.
armbar (and replay)- Carmouche grabs the bra and distracts from the actual move.

Whilst its great to look at, it just is a big distraction and to hear her talking about her Bra in the post fight interview, just makes the whole thing just not seem like a sporting event and more like Wrestling in jello.

Hope they can make the clothing more standardized, otherwise the fights lose their value. (Then again I guess that's part of the attraction, WWE style).

(Side note I saw machida fight twice too and really it's no surprise a split decision as it's tricky to find three people to score it the same. Personally thought a draw with a ten ten for one round) Phone Post
2/24/13 3:10 PM
nowaydo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - well, when you lose your virginity you may not feel the same way

agree
2/24/13 3:12 PM
Johan Von Brügermëister

It's like Denis hallman's banana hammock Phone Post
2/24/13 3:14 PM
BigSleep
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johan Von Brügermëister -  It's like Denis hallman's banana hammock Phone Post

I was going to post a funnier version of this comment.

OP makes no sense whatsoever though.
2/24/13 3:15 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Meisha's little shorts/skirt outfit.  Its super sexy and allows her to grapple without having to worry.

2/24/13 3:20 PM
Chris27

There are some issues with it, yes skin helps and I'm all for seeing titties but should something happen it will cast a negative light on mma/UFC. You dont see female tennis players tits popping out during matches.

Sex sells but the UFC def doesnt want a breast flopping out on Fox or FX.

Ronda/Tate etc want to show off some skin but I think it hinders their performance honestly. taking that one split second to focus on you boob falling out can leave you open for a finish. You're thinking I dont want to be known for flashing everyone on tv and bang your neck is open and you get choked out.

2/24/13 3:22 PM
man meets fate

Who gives a shit. If a possible tittie flash is what kills ufc and women's mma, then this world has a horrible future.
2/24/13 3:22 PM
2leftfeet
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 3:23 PM
I'm a woman and a BJJ player. When you're grappling nogi, rash guards can get in the way and give your opponent more traction vs sweaty skin. Sports bras are prone to wardrobe malfunctions. I think it's just gonna be one of those unavoidable things: if you're a guy mma fighter, you may get whacked in the groin; if you're a female, a breast may pop out! Anatomical dangers of the sport!
2/24/13 3:24 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP watches babestation and complains when a bit of vagina flashes. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:31 PM
Clarence Parents
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - well, when you lose your virginity you may not feel the same way

2/24/13 3:32 PM
cleetdog101
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP probably gets boners when drilling shit from guard.
2/24/13 3:34 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Some folk aren't happy unless they're complaining.

The fight was excellent, if that little bit of flesh distracts you so much, crack one off before the fights. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:35 PM
Chomas
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terrible terrible thread, she wears more clothes and the terrorists win, Phone Post
2/24/13 3:36 PM
Bucephalus

I was surprised that she wore something with such thin straps. Seems like that's a malfunction waiting to happen. Or at least, I'M waiting for it to happen.
2/24/13 3:36 PM
sunnyko
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In4pix Phone Post
2/24/13 3:40 PM
335iguy

Your such a faggot wow!! Phone Post
2/24/13 3:44 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 02/24/13 3:44 PM
OP prefers this sort of thing...

2/24/13 3:44 PM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ being that fixiated on malformed muscle-bound chesticles

2/24/13 3:48 PM
TexDeuce
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
2/24/13 3:51 PM
shawarma

Thread content is bound to bring some of the "comedians" out if they feel like it, do continue :) or go to Sherdog.

The point for those who take time to respond is that some male fight fans find the "wardrobe malfunction" potential a distraction. Liz's top seemed a better fit, no pun intended. Cleavage in the cage is interesting for the wrong Reasons. I do want women's MMA to be more than that and most serious combat sports have some standard attire regulations including Ronda's very own Judo. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:53 PM
theshooter

"I recorded the fights and had to see the main event twice due to not being able to concentrate on anything except Ronda's chest throughout every key moment. "

You say this as if it is a bad thing.
2/24/13 3:58 PM
Chomas
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at OPs name. Not going to go there but you know where his mentality is coming from. In his home country when they see a womans exposed ankle they get boners then beat the woman up. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:58 PM
spg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact that the only photo on this thread is of Dennis Hallman's nutsack is disturbing.

2/24/13 4:10 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/24/13 4:11 PM
shawarma

Chris27 - There are some issues with it, yes skin helps and I'm all for seeing titties but should something happen it will cast a negative light on mma/UFC. You dont see female tennis players tits popping out during matches.

Sex sells but the UFC def doesnt want a breast flopping out on Fox or FX.

Ronda/Tate etc want to show off some skin but I think it hinders their performance honestly. taking that one split second to focus on you boob falling out can leave you open for a finish. You're thinking I dont want to be known for flashing everyone on tv and bang your neck is open and you get choked out.

Fair points there

In most sporting events, especially women's events you find there is a disproportionate focus on the way they look which is an unfortunate obstacle to progress.

As an MMA fan I like the sport to really go to the next level and it can really shit all over boxing if done correctly.

I prefer the selling point to be "a great display of different Martial Arts and supreme athletic prowess" rather than "ermm.. It's just like WWE but erm Real... Just bleed"

In the cage the focus should be the fight rather than other matters where you just need to take a random sample of threads or comments or even the commentary to see the distractions. Plenty of hot Ronda moments outside the cage. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.