UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Liefeld's greatest drawing ever

2/26/13 2:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ashuram
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - 
grafzep - what a hot mess that is

Oh and give me Land any day over Liefield since at least Land's work was good enough to swipe.

You just made the List buckaroo!

Well, at least i'm new enough to have avoided Sticks kill list
2/26/13 9:59 AM
Stickgrappler
1688 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

>Well, at least i'm new enough to have avoided Sticks kill list

Why you! I oughta...

*mental note - get home and AMEND the LIST*
2/26/13 10:06 AM
Tréasach
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ROFL Stickgrappler! VTFU for making me laugh even though it is a bit disconcerting you love Liefeld so much.
2/26/13 10:20 AM
RedDragonUK
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No no Land was the one doing the swiping he traces everything he has no originality even re using traces.

Maybe Liefeld and him could join forces Land can trace feet for him. Phone Post
2/26/13 10:34 AM
paw
1464 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

?????????

Stick LIKES Liefeld?!?!?!

2/26/13 11:08 AM
Stickgrappler
1688 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

?????????

Stick LIKES Liefeld?!?!?!

LOL -- never shied from admitting I liked Liefeld to the GG... check past threads and you will see.

On some of his work - he has this ooh ahh effect on me ... mostly the dynamic/striking pose... can he improve on drawing guns, feet, ditch the pouches - sure... but overall, it resonates with me
2/26/13 2:16 PM
Ashuram
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/26/13 2:18 PM
Stick, have you read the Lobo issues where DC makes fun of Liefeld because he ripped off Lobo with his Blood wolf character? <br /> They responded with the two issues of Lobo hunting a bad guy with Robs-disease,made to look like Liefeld's rip off guy. It was great. "Robs-disease" makes the body swell up while in the final stage shrinks the head to nothing causing death.<br />It also introduces Gold star,a parody of Superman.
If someone has them,please post for Stick,he needs an intervention.
2/27/13 12:04 AM
MarkRobinson
1336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at Sticks kill list. I'm honored to be on it.

It's true that stickgrappler always chimes in with his Liefeld love when we're discussing good ol Rob. Phone Post
2/27/13 2:13 AM
Leigh
881 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ashuram - Stick, have you read the Lobo issues where DC makes fun of Liefeld because he ripped off Lobo with his Blood wolf character? <br /> They responded with the two issues of Lobo hunting a bad guy with Robs-disease,made to look like Liefeld's rip off guy. It was great. "Robs-disease" makes the body swell up while in the final stage shrinks the head to nothing causing death.<br />It also introduces Gold star,a parody of Superman.
Someone please post pics of all these characters Phone Post
2/27/13 2:28 AM
kung_pow
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The biggest problem with fighting american is not the ridiculous size of his hands or that he has needless pouches just like every other liefeld character (psylocke in a bikini with pouches);

The problem is how can fighting american even access anything in those pouches when even his little finger is to big to fit in and grab something?
2/27/13 7:27 AM
matt murdock
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually like Platt's art, if he's given the right type of book.
2/27/13 8:10 AM
RedDragonUK
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/27/13 12:36 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going to say this one

wasn't bad at all, then I saw it wasn't Liefield.

Now THIS 

is painfully bad, but more because of the character and writing than the art itself.

2/27/13 1:17 PM
Ashuram

@ Orcus,yes that's the Lobo Issue i was talking about.
This whole story was a poke at Liefield.
2/27/13 2:21 PM
Stickgrappler

MarkRobinson -  Lol at Sticks kill list. I'm honored to be on it.

It's true that stickgrappler always chimes in with his Liefeld love when we're discussing good ol Rob. Phone Post

word

2/27/13 2:24 PM
Stickgrappler

matt murdock - I actually like Platt's art, if he's given the right type of book.

Wasn't he decent on Prophet?

I have to check when I have time.
2/27/13 2:30 PM
Stickgrappler

Edited: 02/27/13 2:32 PM
Ashuram - Stick, have you read the Lobo issues where DC makes fun of Liefeld because he ripped off Lobo with his Blood wolf character?

They responded with the two issues of Lobo hunting a bad guy with Robs-disease,made to look like Liefeld's rip off guy. It was great. "Robs-disease" makes the body swell up while in the final stage shrinks the head to nothing causing death.

It also introduces Gold star,a parody of Superman.

*puts hands over ears to shield from NOISE*

*sings Ten Little Indians loudly*

3/8/13 2:50 PM
soriel
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I won't lie, I love liefeld's art merely for the comedic value. A few months back we had a contest to see who could find the worst liefeld cover in the store. Good times were had by all! Phone Post
3/8/13 4:16 PM
Stickgrappler

pffft @ soriel!
3/9/13 3:44 AM
Ashuram

I have to say one thing about the man, Liefield has made more fun to read characters than anyone else i know.
Cable, Deadpool, Domino ext...Love those.
3/10/13 7:55 PM
BuakawPorFavor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved Platt's larger than life style when I was younger. Prophet was the shit.. He did a short series (only 6 or 7 issues I think) called soul saga that had some awesome artwork/character design. Phone Post
3/10/13 9:22 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ashuram - I have to say one thing about the man, Liefield has made more fun to read characters than anyone else i know.
Cable, Deadpool, Domino ext...Love those.

All three of those characters were really dull shallow rip offs until OTHER writers and artists made them interesting (well, not Cable he NEVER got interesting).

3/11/13 12:22 AM
Kneeblock
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOLY CRAP!

I forgot Rob's art was only eclipsed by his writing.

Jesus vs. Olympus!

3/11/13 6:07 PM
RedDragonUK

By the look of it I'd say that was Ian Churchill Knee not Liefeld's Art but I could be off base, I'm going on that assumption by the way the noses are drawn :/
3/11/13 6:16 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol@ all the hidden feet in that Jesus fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.