UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mousasi vs machida

2/25/13 6:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoppedaMollyImSweatin - Machida will turn it to another boring fight where he runs for the decision

no longer a fan of Machida, his style is so uneventful until he catches someone.

runs around for 4 minutes then decides to do something the last minute

Fuck off
2/25/13 6:22 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat1 -
caseharts - 
eagleswhat1 - LOL@MACHIDA BEATING GEGARD....Mousasi is the best striker at 205 period. Dominating the K-1 HW champ in kickboxing should tell you that.
If you think Machida wins this with striking you don't know what you're looking at. Machida would have to take him down and try to not get swept for 15-25 minutes
Mma and k1 are different. Some guys are the best but tyrone sponge who is also a lhw is the best striker at 205. Mousasi is up there but machida would be unlike anyone hes fought and I'd say lyotis bjj and wrestling exceed Mousasi s. Mousasi is among my favorite fighters. Phone Post

They are different, but you have a pro mma fighter dominating a K-1 champ....that says a lot. Machida wins with his timing, spacing and striking against lower level strikers in MMA.
Look what happen when he fought someone who knew how to cut him off and time him....got punished for 5 rounds then KTFO in a rematch...against shogun.
Safe to say Mousasi is a better striker then Shogun and has better footwork given his Kickboxing/Boxing experience and the style he uses inside the cage.
Now Machida taking this fight to the ground would involve getting in exchanges with Gegard which is the complete opposite of every Machida gameplan.
Your mma math doesn't work Because machida beat Dan who beat shogun standing the entire time. Does that mean machida is the best striker? He holds wins over both men?

Styles makes fights. I'm not saying mousasi couldn't beat him. I'm saying Dont down play machida like you did. That was pretty rude. "He s good at karate in a cage" what kind of shit is that? The dude stands with everyone he may evade a lot but if you can't hit him is their fault. The whole point of martial arts is to inflict as much damage as possible while recieving as little as possible. He's been top 5 some he's been in the ufc and constantly comes in underweight like mousasi.

It would be a war. A great fight but again tyrone spong ruins above on the feet at lhw even Jones. But the dude can't defend a high level take down. Phone Post
2/25/13 6:22 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great matchup. Machida seems a bit more consistent and has had better comp lately but this could be the matchp that Moussasi could shine in. Still, Moussasi is a timing guy and has shown he can be thrown off at times, Machida could be another to do this.
2/25/13 6:24 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat1 -
caseharts -  Btw I know what I'm looking at that. I watched mousasi live that morning beat kyataro. Machida is bigger stronger and faster and can throw some extreme power. Your bias against karate is stupid. Like I said mousasi is among my favorite fighters. And tyrone sponge is the best lhw striker Phone Post

Shit Badr Hari had a MMA fight once to....we should call him the best MMA striker.....
Tyrone spong has fought and won impressively. Badr hari is a hw. We're comparing lhws.

If badr hari could defend take downs he'd light up Cain and jds. But he can't. In a couple years tyrone song will. Rashad Evans has been teaching him wrestling for the years plus. Phone Post
2/25/13 6:25 PM
caseharts

caseharts -
eagleswhat1 -
caseharts -  Btw I know what I'm looking at that. I watched mousasi live that morning beat kyataro. Machida is bigger stronger and faster and can throw some extreme power. Your bias against karate is stupid. Like I said mousasi is among my favorite fighters. And tyrone sponge is the best lhw striker Phone Post

Shit Badr Hari had a MMA fight once to....we should call him the best MMA striker.....
Tyrone spong has fought and won impressively. Badr hari is a hw. We're comparing lhws.

If badr hari could defend take downs he'd light up Cain and jds. But he can't. In a couple years tyrone song will. Rashad Evans has been teaching him wrestling for the years plus. Phone Post
Three years Phone Post
2/25/13 6:36 PM
caseharts

Rambo John J -
eagleswhat1 - Mousasi is a true elite striker period....Machida is good at karate in a cage

Machida barely dealt with Dan.

Got battered by Rua, then took a dirt nap.

Mousasi has soooo many weapons, and he just getting started.

Gaygayrd has never lost a fight.(and don't give me that Keith Lawal bullshit)

FYI in K-1 his biggest wins were against Mushashi and Kyotero

I'm probably the biggest fan of Mousasi but he got submitted back in the day. So ya ha LOST a fight. He was young yes but he lost. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.