UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> LOGO CONTEST! : Win a Training Mask 2.0 & Gear!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/1/13 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
dMo -
tokoros haircut - We're going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not surprised it's an unpopular opinion. Ultimately if you're basing a logo on something sourced from a competition you are shooting yourself in the foot, ie buy cheap buy twice. Or just have your product regarded as amateurish, it's not like that is uncommon in MMA anyway.

Saying that, good design isn't expensive at all when compared with other general business expenses, it just costs a bit more than a free t shirt and crappy training mask. It doesn't mean it's "a fortune". I wrote before all you have to do is check out dribbble or other design sites where actual professionals are, the difference in quality is night and day. Prices from young designers are very reasonable. Nothing on this thread and others I have seen really approaches basic competence and fundamental knowledge yet alone good quality.

You can get a logo off a fan forum just like you can go learn an arm-bar from your local ninjitsu master/mcdojo, it's a free world.
Damn I thought you were trolling. Cudo's for having an unpopular opinion and expressing is in a respectful manner. Very unUG like. Voted up when i get to a computer. Phone Post
Several of us on here that do design work on elance as well. Just because we're willing to enter a contests doesn't mean we suck. It's definitely a hobby for me but there are pro level guys here plenty. Phone Post
Seen plenty of your work here. It's obvious many of you are pros. You guys are part of what makes this place fun. Phone Post
3/1/13 1:34 PM
caseharts
719 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dMo -
caseharts -
dMo -
tokoros haircut - We're going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not surprised it's an unpopular opinion. Ultimately if you're basing a logo on something sourced from a competition you are shooting yourself in the foot, ie buy cheap buy twice. Or just have your product regarded as amateurish, it's not like that is uncommon in MMA anyway.

Saying that, good design isn't expensive at all when compared with other general business expenses, it just costs a bit more than a free t shirt and crappy training mask. It doesn't mean it's "a fortune". I wrote before all you have to do is check out dribbble or other design sites where actual professionals are, the difference in quality is night and day. Prices from young designers are very reasonable. Nothing on this thread and others I have seen really approaches basic competence and fundamental knowledge yet alone good quality.

You can get a logo off a fan forum just like you can go learn an arm-bar from your local ninjitsu master/mcdojo, it's a free world.
Damn I thought you were trolling. Cudo's for having an unpopular opinion and expressing is in a respectful manner. Very unUG like. Voted up when i get to a computer. Phone Post
Several of us on here that do design work on elance as well. Just because we're willing to enter a contests doesn't mean we suck. It's definitely a hobby for me but there are pro level guys here plenty. Phone Post
Seen plenty of your work here. It's obvious many of you are pros. You guys are part of what makes this place fun. Phone Post
I meant to quote the guy above you. But thanks man. There really are some great artists and designers here Not everyone makes a career out of it though. Just because my business card doesn't say pro graphic designer doesn't mean anything. Phone Post
3/1/13 1:35 PM
caseharts
719 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WelshWarrior - Damn, someone asks for a bit of help and offers a bunch of rewards.. and plenty of ppl bitch and moan. The reason why this forum is as great as it is... is because its a proper community ... if you just crash a thread and complain... you should calm your conflict starting attitude right down.. Phone Post
Welsh power Phone Post
3/1/13 3:28 PM
12SixElbow
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts should win.

3/1/13 3:31 PM
JCSUPERMAN
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Nice and simple,I like it..VU

3/1/13 3:31 PM
caseharts

3/1/13 3:32 PM
caseharts

12SixElbow - 

caseharts should win.

thanks man I can only hope

3/1/13 3:40 PM
MagSlim
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is going to come off way more negative than it's meant to be but you'd garner a lot more respectability if you'd shave your fucking beard.

Just my .02 from someone who has watched some of your stuff.
3/1/13 4:00 PM
12SixElbow
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCSUPERMAN - 
12SixElbow - 

Thanks man!

3/1/13 4:07 PM
caseharts

12SixElbow - 
JCSUPERMAN - 
12SixElbow - 

Thanks man!

what did u use to make this one?

3/1/13 4:09 PM
12SixElbow

I only have Photoshop CS3.

Sometimes my lame ass even uses paint for certain things.

3/1/13 5:39 PM
caseharts

12SixElbow - 

I only have Photoshop CS3.

Sometimes my lame ass even uses paint for certain things.

cs3 is really powerful dude. I love cs3. its a solid ass build.you do great stuff

but respond to my emails slow

3/1/13 5:55 PM
Smellde Gluve
654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 

WARNING! I don't own all the graphics/photos in this image so if you want to use it for your show you'll have to figure that out first.

Did I win yet?

3/1/13 7:44 PM
caseharts

id like to hear what you guys think. cmon mmaworldtour give us an idea of whose winning. 

3/1/13 8:03 PM
12SixElbow

I wrote you back, I think we're on to something.

3/1/13 8:04 PM
12SixElbow

This is the current logo, for reference for everyone.

3/1/13 8:18 PM
12SixElbow

Edited: 03/01/13 8:21 PM

EDIT = FIXED

3/1/13 8:25 PM
caseharts

12SixElbow -

EDIT = FIXED

Nice I'll respond in a little bit Phone Post
3/1/13 8:26 PM
12SixElbow

Messing about at this point.

3/1/13 10:55 PM
caseharts

ttt

3/2/13 6:26 AM
theringmaster
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys... We are on our way to Columbus for the Arnold's Classic. We just left Raleigh late last night after working a regional event.

If you want to keep submitting til Sunday, we will take them under consideration. We will have a final answer on Monday.

Just a hectic weekend. Thank for all the submissions! It's been fun.

Cyrus
MMA:ITC Phone Post
3/2/13 7:57 AM
moabwarrior
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
3/2/13 6:00 PM
caseharts

Ttt Phone Post
3/4/13 1:10 AM
caseharts

. Phone Post
3/4/13 1:29 AM
12SixElbow

Might throw in a few more tonight... why not.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.