UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nobody is pointing out the contradiction of Dana

2/25/13 2:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CT81 -  How are people not getting this? Unless they fight at 135 there can't be a fight. It's the only division that exists in the ufc. Think about what would happen if they fought at a catch weight and cyborg won. Rousey would still be the 135 champ but it would be devalued and cyborg would have no other fights since she's in a division that doesn't exist in the ufc Phone Post

This, not sure why this is difficult to understand.

if GSP/Silva or Silva/Jones fought each guy can go back to their own div and everything is fine.

With Cyborg/Ronda if Cyborg won you devalue your champ and you have nothing for Cyborg going forward.

If they had a 35/45 div in the UFC and Dana said doing Ronda/Cyborg didnt make sense you can call him out on it, in this case its nothing like GSP/Silva or Jones/Silva doing a catchweight fight.
2/25/13 2:55 PM
subwrassler
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - Cyborg is a nobody, yet her and Carano was a huge fight.

All these fucking excuses from you faggots make me sick.

you don't like faggots?

what about trannys?
2/25/13 2:55 PM
subwrassler
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't believe this shit is still going on.

i refuse to post in another cyboy vs rhonda superfight thread
2/25/13 3:01 PM
D241
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
CT81 -  How are people not getting this? Unless they fight at 135 there can't be a fight. It's the only division that exists in the ufc. Think about what would happen if they fought at a catch weight and cyborg won. Rousey would still be the 135 champ but it would be devalued and cyborg would have no other fights since she's in a division that doesn't exist in the ufc Phone Post

This, not sure why this is difficult to understand.

if GSP/Silva or Silva/Jones fought each guy can go back to their own div and everything is fine.

With Cyborg/Ronda if Cyborg won you devalue your champ and you have nothing for Cyborg going forward.

If they had a 35/45 div in the UFC and Dana said doing Ronda/Cyborg didnt make sense you can call him out on it, in this case its nothing like GSP/Silva or Jones/Silva doing a catchweight fight.

What is the alternative that you'd be comparing?

Would that scenario be significantly worse than an extremely WEAk 135LB division where there is one girl, then a whole bunch of lower level girls? Actually, not even a whole bunch, there's like what, 5 recognizable women in the division?

So instead of Cybrog vs Ronda, we got Ronda vs Liz. 

Do you see these boards lighting up with talks of Ronda's next opponent and how exciting that will be?

You don't because Liz wasn't even a challenge in the first place, and what do fans have to look forward to? Hoping Meisha Tate dominates Kat to give her a rematch in a fight we've already seen as her first title defense?

Sorry, but I'd rather Ronda fight Cyborg, and worse case scenario Cyborg wins then UFC can figure out what happens next.

Because right now, we have Ronda Rousey, no other challengers, then a whole bunch of girls to compete to see who gets to get armbarred by Ronda next.

I'd like to have seen Ronda vs Cyborg for my viewing pleasure.

2/25/13 3:03 PM
FearMir
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 
andyman011 -  Dana has said already, there can be not catch weight, there's only one weight division Phone Post

Do you know if Dana said they could do a superfight....they could DO a superfight?

You guys that stick up for this fight not happening disgust me.

Would YOU be interested in Cyborg vs Ronda? Overwelming Y-E-S

Has Dana said in the past, that it is his job to put on fights the people want to see? Y-E-S

Maybe I'm wrong in this way of thinking, but if Ronda fought Cyborg abover her weight class and lost, people would still view her as the 135lb champion, and UFC could still market and grow the 135lb division.

There's a 50% chance Ronda loses. Even if she does, that doesn't break the womends division.

It would ruin the division if she loss before the division is properly developed. They bill her and promote her as the mike Tyson of the women's 135 division, and she loses a catch weight fight to someone? Before any other women have fought and built up? No one would care about the 135 women's anymore.

Why do you think dana offered to get cyborg the fight at catch weight after the women's division had been built up a little and pay for her to fight in invicta , also getting her time to shake off rust and promote her again the. It really would have sold and made $$$. Joe public doesn't know who cyborg is.

But she wanted no part of it and ran off.
2/25/13 3:16 PM
D241
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

willienugget - 
Absolutely most fans would rather have seen Cyborg vs Rousey. That's fairly obvious.

From a business perspective man it just makes no fucking sense. There is a very real chance that Ronda could be beaten by Cyborg. They need to milk this thing a bit. That fight will make more money later than it would have last Saturday. You could agree with that right?

My answer would only be based off assumptions, and not very confident assumptions as well.

Assuming both Cyborg and Ronda win fights, assuming Cyborg/Dana haven't burned any bridges, then it'd be safe to assume that a year or so from now, this fight will be huge.

But in my opinion, this fight would have been huge NOW.

Shogun vs Lil Nog 2 will be huge, but would've been better a few years ago.  These superfights need to happen when they are being talked about the most, not long after the fact.  GSP vs Anderson would've been way bigger a few years ago. It'd still be huge now, but it's lost some of it's luster.

2/25/13 3:17 PM
circulation123

Nucky - 

Dana can't make a superfight to save his life.  Name some SuperFights...Hendo vs Anderson and?

James Toney vs Randy Couture :D

2/25/13 3:31 PM
D241

willienugget - I can undestand you being bitter about people saying Cyborg is tucking because that's bullshit. But if you can't see the money end of this, you're pretty close-minded.

Nah, I'm not bitter about Cyborg or anything like that. Regarding her vs Ronda, there's valid points to each side of the argument and it's a gray area with many variables.

Your last sentence is what my gripe is all about.

Logically, yes, I agree that UFC doing it the way they are is probably the best way to maximize revenue. 

But what I don't like, is that UFC very well could still make lots of money by making RR/Cyborg, they'd still have to build the 135lb division as they're doing now anyways.

It basically comes down to, UFC could give the fans the fight they want the most(RR/Cyborg), put a plan in force to figure out what to do if Cyborg wins. Make money and still be profitable.

Instead, UFC says, we don't have to give the fans the fight they want the most, instead we can maximize our customers to get the most money with having to pay out less, and now the big dogs like Dana/Fertitta brothers, can by more fancy toys.

What do you think Dana would rather have, more money, or not as much money but the fans get Cyborg and RR?

Here's a hint-

2/25/13 3:42 PM
disbeliever
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
gamer - Dana contradicts himself all the time

Dana is a massive idiot

See ya
2/25/13 3:45 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - 
gamer - Dana contradicts himself all the time

Dana is a massive idiot

See ya

and just like that, 150 lbs of deadweight was removed from Shoguns Nuts

this will only help improve his game.

2/25/13 3:47 PM
D241

lmao at "deadweight removed from Shoguns nuts".

Anyone want to point out the irony that a guy who obsessed over one fighter was banned.....on a D241 thread   :P

2/25/13 3:50 PM
D241

willienugget - Are you upset more that the UFC's priority is the bottom line or that they say one thing and do another?

Ha, BOTH.  Willie you and I, I think have a similar opinion on all of this.  Thanks for the back and forths and I hope I didn't come off as a dick to you.

I think we both can agree that UFC's priority is the bottom line, we the fans don't like it, but understand it. We both know of many instances where they say one thing and do another, and I'm sure many times we both can put their logic into the equation. Still, I'll take this medicine, but I don't have to smile while it goes in, I just hope it does the job.

2/25/13 5:23 PM
Standup29

jason73 - its hard to make a superfight for someone who has only had 1 fight in the ufc vs someone with zero fights in the ufc coming off a suspension
This pretty much sums it up.

We all think its the biggest fight but that is part of the problem. After that fight, then what? One loses and devalues the title (catch weight) the other loses and then there's nobody left who would be interesting to casual fans.

The UFC needs to build both fighters up AND the rest of the girls they signed or there's nothing after the super fight. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:25 PM
subwrassler

Cyboy could have been one of the 10 signed btw...

but no.

and who's fault is that again??
2/25/13 9:05 PM
D241

Edited: 02/25/13 10:55 PM

My memory is foggy, but didn't BJ Penn lose to GSP and immediatly capture the lw title? If not I'm sure he only had 1, 2 fights tops before gaining the title.

2/25/13 10:47 PM
andyman011

D241 -

My memory is foggy, but didn't BJ Penn lose to Penn and immediatly capture the lw title? If not I'm sure he only had 1, 2 fights tops before gaining the title.

So he lost to himself Phone Post
2/25/13 10:57 PM
D241

edited. Sorry I meant GSP.

Or maybe subconsciously I feel that only BJ can beat BJ. 

No, just a mistake.

2/25/13 11:00 PM
RKing85
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White contradicting himself????

Never......

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.