UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida Strikes Landed on Hendo

2/25/13 3:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/25/13 3:22 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/25/13 3:23 PM
DamnSevern

2/25/13 3:28 PM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Nice damn!! Phone Post
DamnSevern

a lesser chin would hav ebeen KO'd

PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida is surgical with his striking.

Henderson is a freak of nature who has no nerve endings so he does not feel pain.
2/25/13 3:29 PM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 

LOl at the number of strikes landed up here above in GIF!

Now lets get the 10 minutes + of Machida on the run.

Hendo and Machida never close to being hurt.
2/25/13 3:29 PM
deadlysyn

Machida should have thrown the high left round house hard in the first round a lot. It would have had a good chance at hurting Hendo's right and taking the H-Bomb out of the fight.
2/25/13 3:31 PM
C Riv

I like Joes strategy. stand still or walk backwards. what would Machida do then?? Phone Post
2/25/13 3:31 PM
lockon
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like the first one hit his arm
2/25/13 3:35 PM
jcblass

You can't really make a comparable bunch of .gifs that showcase Henderson doing anything close to that. He lost that fight squarely.
2/25/13 4:00 PM
pray for japan

hes an amazing martial artist. fuck anyone whi cant appreciate that. whats he supposed to do stand there and go forrest griffin slugfest mode? a lesser chin may have been KOd by those shots and many others have been. Phone Post
2/25/13 4:04 PM
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C Riv -  I like Joes strategy. stand still or walk backwards. what would Machida do then?? Phone Post

After the td in R3, even though IMO Hendo was down 2 rounds already, he did try that strategy and Machida ended up kicking him in the head a couple times iircthough not sure how flush they landed. The crane karate kid kick, which im sure is in DS' gifs was in the 3rd after the td. So Machida did initiate and Hendo did not counter or initiate.

Hendo lost.
2/25/13 4:05 PM
D241

Lets see gifs of these "hard shots" that would've dropped any other fighter.

Look, I'm not some bitter butthurt Hendo fan. I'd rather Hendo get knocked out brutally, than to lose a boring lack luster fight like this.

This is FIGHTING, not scoring points with fighting moves.

Fight should've been scored a draw. Hendo didn't do enough to win, but Machida damn sure didn't as well.

If the sport was about how can you hit someone without getting hit, he'd be perfect. But UFC started to figure out who was the baddest dude, and neither of these guys can walk away saying, "I'm clearly better than that guy". They can't even say they were clearly better that night.

2/25/13 4:08 PM
DanEzra
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good thread, and great .gifs

2/25/13 4:13 PM
rnunz
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damn, hitting Hendo is like hitting a fucking brick wall.

2/25/13 4:14 PM
Gin Tonic
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks DS, voted up.

@ D241, The crane kick at the top of this page looks pretty similar to the one that KO'd Randy.
2/25/13 4:14 PM
D241

Bleacher report called this fight beforehand

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1473093-lyoto-machida-vs-dan-henderson-how-good-or-bad-will-this-fight-be/page/2

The fight may seem to be a glittering attraction, but it's not farfetched to predict that Henderson vs. Machida won't be exciting. In fact, in the likely event that Machida employs a tactical, conservative gameplan against “Hendo,” their confrontation may yield more boos than cheers

In recent memory, however, the expert eluder has been hesitant to engage power punchers. A salient example was Machida vs. Rampage Jackson, a fight in which Machida was rendered stiff for two whole rounds by the fearful prospect of tasting Rampage's power.

2/25/13 4:15 PM
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

Look, I'm not some bitter butthurt Hendo fan. I'd rather Hendo get knocked out brutally, than to lose a boring lack luster fight like this.

Fight should've been scored a draw. Hendo didn't do enough to win, but Machida damn sure didn't as well.

If the sport was about how can you hit someone without getting hit, he'd be perfect. But UFC started to figure out who was the baddest dude, and neither of these guys can walk away saying, "I'm clearly better than that guy". They can't even say they were clearly better that night.

"Look, I'm not some bitter butthurt Hendo fan" - Yes, imo it appears you are.

" I'd rather Hendo get knocked out brutally, than to lose a boring lack luster fight like this"

- You'd rather see something that no other fighter including Wanderlei, Rampage, Anderson has done before? Sure, i would too but why mad at Machida cuz he couldnt be the first and only? It was boring and lack luster just as much on the part of Hendo, he realy didnt do much all fight and got out struck all rounds. He was inactive for much of the fight not sure what to do and cautious himself

"This is FIGHTING, not scoring points with fighting moves."

- This is why i think you are a butthurt Hendo fan. You just seen a bunch of gifs that were thrown with intention that have dropped and hurt many other of Machida's opponents. Machida has only won 1 decision in like 4 years and he's finished 4 other guys and yet you're still going on about this dishonourable point fighting bs cuz you're boy lost.

"Fight should've been scored a draw."

- Butthurt.

"Hendo didn't do enough to win,"

- Correct. He didnt do shit.

"but Machida damn sure didn't as well."

- Yes, he did. Just butthurt.

"If the sport was about how can you hit someone without getting hit, he'd be perfect. But UFC started to figure out who was the baddest dude, and neither of these guys can walk away saying, "I'm clearly better than that guy". They can't even say they were clearly better that night."

- Clearly more butthurt. Hendo is one of the biggest beneficiares of questionable decisions out of any top guy so he can be stamped without saying "I'm clearly better than that guy" just as much if not more than anyone.
2/25/13 4:16 PM
DamnSevern

D241 - 

I like you D but this made me facepalm.jpg

2/25/13 4:17 PM
Gin Tonic
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 

sorta like the punch he ko'd bader with

The addition of the chopping backfist to this counter is clearly one of Master Segal's deadly arts moves.
2/25/13 4:17 PM
DamnSevern

DamnSevern - 

right on Hendos chin

2/25/13 4:20 PM
Wasa-B

Gin Tonic - Thanks DS, voted up.

@ D241, The crane kick at the top of this page looks pretty similar to the one that KO'd Randy.

Not only that, he hit Hendo with that flying knee to the guy that dropped Tito a few times. He also hit him with the right that dropped Bader, lefts that dropped Rashad. Obviously the right was not as well timed as it was against Bader and Hendo wasnt caught as cold as Bader who came in too reckless. So, Hendo has a better chin than those guys and also has more power.....nothing we didnt know before.

It wasnt Machida's best performance but you dont beat Hendo by standing in front of him, trading power and testing chins. Apparently, if you dont do that and beat Hendo, you are not fighting and have no honour.
2/25/13 4:23 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

38 fights without ever being KO'd. Let's ignore that though so we can pretend Machida only landed pitter patter shots while running away!!!!

2/25/13 4:24 PM
The MMA Mathematician
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool idea for a thread.

I, like many others, did not enjoy Machida/Hendo that much. It was an okay fight, not as bad as some people were saying, but I felt like in the room I was watching it definitely had a bit of a vacuum effect where it sucked the emotion and intensity out of the room.

I don't really blame this as much on Machida, though; that is his style of fighting, and it is a smart style that limits the amount of damage inflicted upon him and allows him to inflict damage on his amount without worrying about return fire.

I think more than anything this was a product of poor matchmaking. Personally, this is the only way I ever saw this fight going down. Hendo stalks his prey and looks to hunt down his opponents, all the while the h-bomb chambered, and Machida employs a lot of movement and counterstriking. The only time Lyoto really seems to open up with his striking is when he goes on the occasional flurry, which is usually the result of an opponent being rocked or showing signs of being hurt (i.e the last round of Machida/Rampage) -- unfortunately, this doesn't happen to Hendo a lot, so we saw the more reserved Lyoto Machida.

I don't think anyone would argue that a fight between Machida and Gustaffson or Machida and Mousasi, or even a rematch with Shogun would have gone anything like this or would have ben anything short of exciting. So for me, I blame it n the matchmaking more than anything. I think there were, and still are much better matchups to be made.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.