UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida Strikes Landed on Hendo

2/25/13 4:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a little disappointed in Wasa-B labeling me as a butthurt fan. I would think you of all people would know when I debate on here it's more with facts and speculation than with my heart.

I also don't think Rampage should've been called the "winner" vs Lyoto.

Go ahead and call me a butthurt fan if you think Rampage should've won, is that how it works Wasa-b?

If someone doesn't agree with you, nevermind that they have reasons beyond being attatched to a fighter.

Nevermind that not ONCE have I tried to claim that Dan Henderson won. Not ONE TIME.

But if I say Lyoto Machida fought too cautiously, I'm just a butthurt Dan Henderson fan.

Got it.

2/25/13 4:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -

a lesser chin would hav ebeen KO'd

I don't know how he ate those body kicks either. Phone Post
2/25/13 4:28 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

I'm a little disappointed in Wasa-B labeling me as a butthurt fan. I would think you of all people would know when I debate on here it's more with facts and speculation than with my heart.

Go ahead and call me a butthurt fan if you think Rampage should've won, is that how it works Wasa-b?

If someone doesn't agree with you, nevermind that they have reasons beyond being attatched to a fighter.

Nevermind that not ONCE have I tried to claim that Dan Henderson won. Not ONE TIME.

But if I say Lyoto Machida fought too cautiously, I'm just a butthurt Dan Henderson fan.

Got it.

It's when you start saying he didn't throw hard strikes, despite the numerous GIFS in here of the same strikes that have finished lesser fighters, then go on to talk about how he "ran away" the whole time, that makes you appear to be a butthurt fanboy.

You are ignoring facts, and crying about Machida fighting the exact same way he fights against everyone. Hendo just has the chin of all chins. There were knees to the body that crippled other fighters, punches to the face that KO'd and dropped other fighters, and head kicks that finished others as well. He landed many of the same finishing strikes he always lands, he just landed them on Hendo who NO ONE can KO.

2/25/13 4:28 PM
allforroy
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub. Thanks. Phone Post
2/25/13 4:31 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit.

Don't tell me the argument, but tell me there's an argument that Lyoto didn't do enough to win but I haven't touched on it yet, I simply have just been a butthurt fanboy.

I'll see if I can figure out the argument.

Or is the problem that there is absolutely NO argument to be made, it's clear to EEEEEEVERYONE but me that Lyoto clearly won?

2/25/13 4:34 PM
D241

And that's a WEAK ASS argument bringup up Dan's chin.

We all know Dan is tough to knockout.  But is Dan hard to drop or hurt? We've seen dan dropped and hurt countless times before. And by smaller, lesser quality opponents.

So in my memory, Dan has shown he can't get knocked out but he can be dropped, and he can be hurt. But when I don't see Lyoto doing any damaging blows, I'm just a butthurt fanboy?

Really?

Lyoto was scoring/landing some shots, I don't deny that. But my argument is that he didn't land nearly enough to be called a clear cut winner.

2/25/13 4:35 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Virus x - The Crowd was booing Machida because he was running away. None of his shots even fazed Dan. What a joke of a fight
He always fights this way, blame Dan for being too slow or skilled to hit a moving target. Phone Post
2/25/13 4:41 PM
Gin Tonic
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Virus x - The Crowd was booing Machida because he was running away. None of his shots even fazed Dan. What a joke of a fight

The crowd cheered when he KO'd Bader, while he was fighting the exact same way.

Interdasting.
2/25/13 4:43 PM
Jacinto
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well rounded poster - 
DamnSevern -

Can take a hit Phone Post

That kick alone would have dropped most fighters.
2/25/13 4:45 PM
SlipSlap

WACK Phone Post
2/25/13 4:46 PM
Wasa-B
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
D241 - 

Got it.

It's when you start saying he didn't throw hard strikes, despite the numerous GIFS in here of the same strikes that have finished lesser fighters, then go on to talk about how he "ran away" the whole time, that makes you appear to be a butthurt fanboy.

You are ignoring facts, and crying about Machida fighting the exact same way he fights against everyone. Hendo just has the chin of all chins. There were knees to the body that crippled other fighters, punches to the face that KO'd and dropped other fighters, and head kicks that finished others as well. He landed many of the same finishing strikes he always lands, he just landed them on Hendo who NO ONE can KO.

Thanks, UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA, I completely agree and i think its pretty clear from the gifs and the comparisons to Machida's past other fights where he threw the same strikes and dropped/finished many of them.

D, i respect you as one of the more knowledgable posters round here for sure but i do think you are in fact "butt hur" on this one. I think you are letting your emotions or bias towards Hendo over-take it here imho.

As far as Rampage/Lyoto, Rampage won 2-1 fair and square. To me, i was going Machida and it doesnt matter who won the "fight," as Machida waited too long to do anything and he dropped R1 and 2 fair and square due to his inactivity. Everyone knows the rules and 10 must. Sure Rampage didnt convincingly beat Machida but who cares? We dont have a no time limit rules to determine that for every fight.

It was the exact same as Okami/Franklin. Franklin won 2-1 fair and square. Okami was the only won that did anything substantial in R3 but it was too late and it was no one's fault but his.

"Nevermind that not ONCE have I tried to claim that Dan Henderson won. Not ONE TIME."

- You claimed it should have been a draw and that Machida didnt win.

"But if I say Lyoto Machida fought too cautiously, I'm just a butthurt Dan Henderson fan."

- Dude, you said a lot more than that. Something about "dishonourable," and the usu scared, running, not fighting bs we hear from others but wouldnt expect that from you.
2/25/13 4:47 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

Now how bout someone show the strikes landed in Burmudez/Grice fight

2/25/13 4:48 PM
JerodR
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I posted on a number of threads complaining about this not being a 5 round fight that it had a very real possibility of being a slow fight. People were so blinded by the main event that they didn't really stop to think about how the fight could play out between Hendo and Machida.
2/25/13 4:49 PM
D241

Just answer please.

If someone thinks that Lyoto Machida shouldn't be the winner in his fight with Dan Henderson, that person either:

A.-Is butthurt

B-Has reasons to justify his opinion

There's close minded thinking going on here, but it's not me.

2/25/13 4:54 PM
Mr Anderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4later Phone Post
2/25/13 5:02 PM
D241

Question, if I feel that the Koscheck fight was stopped too early, does that make me a nuthugger of Koschecks?

Just curious how this works.

2/25/13 5:05 PM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Phone Post
2/25/13 5:10 PM
Leck Brosnar

One of the best posters on the UG, voted up Damn!
2/25/13 5:11 PM
warrendale

Wasa-B -
Gin Tonic - Thanks DS, voted up.

@ D241, The crane kick at the top of this page looks pretty similar to the one that KO'd Randy.

Not only that, he hit Hendo with that flying knee to the guy that dropped Tito a few times. He also hit him with the right that dropped Bader, lefts that dropped Rashad. Obviously the right was not as well timed as it was against Bader and Hendo wasnt caught as cold as Bader who came in too reckless. So, Hendo has a better chin than those guys and also has more power.....nothing we didnt know before.

It wasnt Machida's best performance but you dont beat Hendo by standing in front of him, trading power and testing chins. Apparently, if you dont do that and beat Hendo, you are not fighting and have no honour.
I also see it as a draw. And I'm not saying stand in front of hendo and trade, but he could have been more active. If he was more active he could have possibly finished hendo, and if not then he probably would have won more convincingly. That would also make the fight more crowd pleasing.

He's much faster than hendo so I believe he could have had a more in and out strategy rather than just out. Seems he considers wining by decision as his goal and if a ko or sub happens during his quest to the bell then awesome but if not then his goal was still met. Phone Post
2/25/13 5:18 PM
D241

warrendale - 
I also see it as a draw. And I'm not saying stand in front of hendo and trade, but he could have been more active. If he was more active he could have possibly finished hendo, and if not then he probably would have won more convincingly. That would also make the fight more crowd pleasing.

He's much faster than hendo so I believe he could have had a more in and out strategy rather than just out. Seems he considers wining by decision as his goal and if a ko or sub happens during his quest to the bell then awesome but if not then his goal was still met. Phone Post

Wasa-B - You're just a butthurt Dan Henderson fan

2/25/13 5:20 PM
D241

warrendale - 

He's much faster than hendo so I believe he could have had a more in and out strategy rather than just out. Seems he considers wining by decision as his goal and if a ko or sub happens during his quest to the bell then awesome but if not then his goal was still met. Phone Post

I could be wrong, but in my butthurt biased mind, by golly what's in bold seems to look like....dare I say....VALID ARGUMENTS!!!!

2/25/13 5:28 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

warrendale - 

I could be wrong, but in my butthurt biased mind, by golly what's in bold seems to look like....dare I say....VALID ARGUMENTS!!!!

Jeez.. how many accounts does Cecil have on the UG anyway?

2/25/13 5:31 PM
Zaph
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, DamnSevern. Sadly, it'll be lost on some people. Phone Post
2/25/13 5:31 PM
WanderleisNoseJob
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damnsevern comes with the goods once again! Machida is awesome, slightly confusing at times but awesome Phone Post
2/25/13 5:36 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great gifs! Voted up!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.