UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida Strikes Landed on Hendo

2/25/13 5:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man if I knew how do to gifs, ya'll know I'd totally counter this thread with gifs.

I'd rewatch the fight again, but bedtime isn't till much later.

2/25/13 5:49 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

D241 -

warrendale - 
I also see it as a draw. And I'm not saying stand in front of hendo and trade, but he could have been more active. If he was more active he could have possibly finished hendo, and if not then he probably would have won more convincingly. That would also make the fight more crowd pleasing.

He's much faster than hendo so I believe he could have had a more in and out strategy rather than just out. Seems he considers wining by decision as his goal and if a ko or sub happens during his quest to the bell then awesome but if not then his goal was still met. Phone Post

I could be wrong, but in my butthurt biased mind, by golly what's in bold seems to look like....dare I say....VALID ARGUMENTS!!!!

Those are valid arguments on what would have made you guys happier as fans. Those don't negate the reality that machida was the winner of the fight.

You don't call a fight a draw because it was boring. The scoring was accurate outside of CECIL FUCKING PEOPLES. Phone Post
2/25/13 5:52 PM
D241

That's the best argument for Lyoto winning over everything else mentioned, including the gifs.

2/25/13 5:53 PM
Rantuckjr
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't get to watch the fights this weekend (first i've missed in a long time), but i find it a little disappointing that ALL of MAchida's strikes were able to be uploaded in the first 2 pages.
2/25/13 6:05 PM
Oontyex
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Lets see gifs of these "hard shots" that would've dropped any other fighter.

Look, I'm not some bitter butthurt Hendo fan. I'd rather Hendo get knocked out brutally, than to lose a boring lack luster fight like this.

This is FIGHTING, not scoring points with fighting moves.

Fight should've been scored a draw. Hendo didn't do enough to win, but Machida damn sure didn't as well.

If the sport was about how can you hit someone without getting hit, he'd be perfect. But UFC started to figure out who was the baddest dude, and neither of these guys can walk away saying, "I'm clearly better than that guy". They can't even say they were clearly better that night.

You're describing even Cruz and Franky fight right there.
Difference being that Lyoto can land the one big hit with precision and perfect timing so that it puts guys out.
If hendo had shown even an ounce of aggression that fight machida would have got that ko I reckon. Machida landed harder than Dan and did so every round, nothing controversial here. Phone Post
2/25/13 6:11 PM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listen Dan is my favorite fighter but when I saw that fight I knew machida won. Every strike he threw landed clean and hard and dan just didn't get enough good strikes off to take it. Simple as that.
2/25/13 6:12 PM
D241

I'll tell you this much. I wouldn't want to watch that fight again, but with damn severn and wasa-b and a few other respected members(not named laynpray) have motivated me to watch that fight again.

If I see anything that changes my mind or adds to what I already feel, I'll share. I doubt I'll have anything, but if I do, I will.

2/25/13 6:33 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

d, i thought it was much closer when watching it live, after rewatching, i thought it was 30-27 machida....which isnt to say machida blew dan out every round but i think he landed more so....i wouldnt be killed to have given dan r3 but outside the top position he had where he didnt really do anything but could be considered to be the guy on offense for that portion, i think machida may have landed better shots standing outside of that.

i will also say that it was much more exciting live, which they normally always are but as some others have said, i was pretty on wound up with tension because i knew both guys were trying to line each other up and that anything could have happened on those exchanges and that both guys have different ways of making that happen.

again, not the greatest fight but i was still into it. so, hopefully no disrespect, i can get emotional about this game too but i do think machida clearly won fair and square. He's great at what he does and more often than note in the last 4 years or so, he can also finish while being great at what he does. We could chalk this up as testament to Hendo's power and chin that Machida was weary and more cautious.........but.......Hendo was also respectful and cautious of Machida's game as well which he sorta acknowledged int he psot fight presser imo saying he played Machida's game too much, didnt do enough, etc.

RE: the Rampage fight, yes, Machida was def gun shy but that was coming out of his first ever KTFO. At least he went at Shogun in the rematch after being matched for the first time ever. So he was gun shy for the first 2 rounds but nearly finished Rampage or put him in trouble in the 3rd.
2/25/13 6:40 PM
D241

Well I didn't watch the fight live. The moment was probably more alive for you than it was for me.

I was at the Dallas Stars/Canucks Hockey game. It was bad-ass, had a BAD ASS fight too, no point fighting run away shit lol.

Anyways, hockey game was my highlight of the night. So when I got to the fights, I was just happy I wasn't spoilded knowing any results. 

IE my fun had already been had, therefor I could not be BUTTHURT about that fight as it wasn't going to be the highlight of my night.  

My friend made one wrong turn on the way home from the game, getting us stuck in traffic on 635 for an hour and a half. THAT-I was butthurt about.

2/25/13 6:54 PM
nni
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People saying that it should have been a draw because Hendo ate all of Machida's shots without looking hurt are detached from reality.

You should try reading the Unified rules scoring system.
2/25/13 6:58 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
D241 -

warrendale - 
I also see it as a draw. And I'm not saying stand in front of hendo and trade, but he could have been more active. If he was more active he could have possibly finished hendo, and if not then he probably would have won more convincingly. That would also make the fight more crowd pleasing.

He's much faster than hendo so I believe he could have had a more in and out strategy rather than just out. Seems he considers wining by decision as his goal and if a ko or sub happens during his quest to the bell then awesome but if not then his goal was still met. Phone Post

I could be wrong, but in my butthurt biased mind, by golly what's in bold seems to look like....dare I say....VALID ARGUMENTS!!!!

Those are valid arguments on what would have made you guys happier as fans. Those don't negate the reality that machida was the winner of the fight.

You don't call a fight a draw because it was boring. The scoring was accurate outside of CECIL FUCKING PEOPLES. Phone Post

Boom. LNPNinja countering yalls with Machida like timing and precision. ;p

"He's much faster than hendo so I believe he could have had a more in and out strategy rather than just out."

That seems to imply that be only going "out"wards, he never went "in" at Hendo which is false. He just didnt go at him enough for your tastes but clearly outlanded Hendo and landed with shots that he has often dropped/finished guys with otherwise.

Machida can will flurry sometimes as he has with Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, but i dont think it would have been wise to really abondon his main strategy against Hendo.

" Seems he considers wining by decision as his goal and if a ko or sub happens during his quest to the bell then awesome but if not then his goal was still met"

- Fair enough but again, aside from the one controversial dec over Shogun, Machida has been able to win by finish in all his wins over the last 4 years with that strategy. YOu have to be careful fighting Dan too of course. Yes, 5 rounds would have saw more action imo.
2/25/13 7:06 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wont watch the full fight again

however with the boring moments cut out, its a good fight:

2/25/13 7:07 PM
Zaph
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - d, i thought it was much closer when watching it live, after rewatching, i thought it was 30-27 machida....which isnt to say machida blew dan out every round but i think he landed more so....i wouldnt be killed to have given dan r3 but outside the top position he had where he didnt really do anything but could be considered to be the guy on offense for that portion, i think machida may have landed better shots standing outside of that.

i will also say that it was much more exciting live, which they normally always are but as some others have said, i was pretty on wound up with tension because i knew both guys were trying to line each other up and that anything could have happened on those exchanges and that both guys have different ways of making that happen.

again, not the greatest fight but i was still into it. so, hopefully no disrespect, i can get emotional about this game too but i do think machida clearly won fair and square. He's great at what he does and more often than note in the last 4 years or so, he can also finish while being great at what he does. We could chalk this up as testament to Hendo's power and chin that Machida was weary and more cautious.........but.......Hendo was also respectful and cautious of Machida's game as well which he sorta acknowledged int he psot fight presser imo saying he played Machida's game too much, didnt do enough, etc.

RE: the Rampage fight, yes, Machida was def gun shy but that was coming out of his first ever KTFO. At least he went at Shogun in the rematch after being matched for the first time ever. So he was gun shy for the first 2 rounds but nearly finished Rampage or put him in trouble in the 3rd.
I thought it was 30-27 too, but I knew the judges would give a lot of weight to that "takedown" and give Hendo the round. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect a judge to give the whole fight to Hendo. Not even Cecil. Phone Post
2/25/13 7:12 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

D241 -

I'll tell you this much. I wouldn't want to watch that fight again, but with damn severn and wasa-b and a few other respected members(not named laynpray) have motivated me to watch that fight again.

If I see anything that changes my mind or adds to what I already feel, I'll share. I doubt I'll have anything, but if I do, I will.

Love how you need to throw the butthurt into that post. :-) Phone Post
2/25/13 7:30 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 02/25/13 7:30 PM
Glovegate - 
DamnSevern - 

a lesser chin would hav ebeen KO'd

I like you but you've absolutely lost it on this one.  Most of those strikes are not making good contact and don't have a lot behind them.

You pretty much proved Machida's detractor's point with this thread by posting all the strikes he landed and clearly demonstrating the fight looked like a sparring session on Machida's part.

I like how these gifs are often a minute apart too.  Because during the interim Machida was backing away or moving his hands around and doing nothing.

I love how in that minute or two Hendo was plodding around swining at air and not cutting off the cage, doing nothing as well.

Show the dozen or more clips of Hendo landing solid strikes for us all would you...

2/25/13 7:31 PM
warrendale

Wasa-B -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
D241 -

warrendale - 

Boom. LNPNinja countering yalls with Machida like timing and precision. ;p

"He's much faster than hendo so I believe he could have had a more in and out strategy rather than just out."

That seems to imply that be only going "out"wards, he never went "in" at Hendo which is false. He just didnt go at him enough for your tastes but clearly outlanded Hendo and landed with shots that he has often dropped/finished guys with otherwise.

Machida can will flurry sometimes as he has with Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, but i dont think it would have been wise to really abondon his main strategy against Hendo.

" Seems he considers wining by decision as his goal and if a ko or sub happens during his quest to the bell then awesome but if not then his goal was still met"

- Fair enough but again, aside from the one controversial dec over Shogun, Machida has been able to win by finish in all his wins over the last 4 years with that strategy. YOu have to be careful fighting Dan too of course. Yes, 5 rounds would have saw more action imo.
The reason I felt it was a draw was because Dan stalked the whole time while trying to fight and he had the td in the third. I felt machida landed the cleaner strikes but most landed only because hendo was trying to fight. Like rogan was hinting at in rd 3 I feel if hendo would have never engaged there would have been zero strikes thrown. That's why I feel it was a draw. No one won that fight. I'd even go as far to say if that was in pride it would have been a draw. Phone Post
2/25/13 7:34 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

"I felt machida landed the cleaner strikes but most landed only because hendo was trying to fight"

2/25/13 7:38 PM
D241

Edited: 02/25/13 7:38 PM

I see it now.

I didn't see it before, but I see it now.

I change my mind. I'm on board the Machida wagon.

I went back and started studying old fights of Master elusive fighters. 

I only found one guy who does it better than Lyoto.

Kalib Starnes.

Just watching that gif, his elusiveness is a thing of beauty. It's what fighting is all about. One thing I got after studying this gif for 10 minutes, is something Lyoto can do in his future bouts.

Notice how Kalib strategically makes his opponent chase him, wasting all that energy? Machida tries to do this, but many times Machida has to do a feint, like fake punch, fake kick, to draw his opponents in to come after him.

What the Master Elusive fighter Kalib Starnes does, is simply stick up one finger, which takes far less energy than those feints and fakes Lyoto was doing. 

It's a thing of beauty, such a master strategist. You guys don't appreciate it because you don't know fighting.

2/25/13 7:39 PM
warrendale

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Glovegate - 
DamnSevern - 

a lesser chin would hav ebeen KO'd

I like you but you've absolutely lost it on this one.  Most of those strikes are not making good contact and don't have a lot behind them.

You pretty much proved Machida's detractor's point with this thread by posting all the strikes he landed and clearly demonstrating the fight looked like a sparring session on Machida's part.

I like how these gifs are often a minute apart too.  Because during the interim Machida was backing away or moving his hands around and doing nothing.

I love how in that minute or two Hendo was plodding around swining at air and not cutting off the cage, doing nothing as well.

Show the dozen or more clips of Hendo landing solid strikes for us all would you...

So if hendo had backed up and only countered he could have won and you'd be entertained? Would you have more respect for either fighter if they both backed up the whole fight and only threw counters? The fight would have had half of the already low number of strikes. The only reason you are able to praise machida now is because Dan tried to fight. If Dan had the same strategy we'd all be in here agreeing the fight sucked and both game plans were bull crap. Phone Post
2/25/13 7:43 PM
Chisel Chest
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks. Phone Post
2/25/13 7:43 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Wow, now any claims that D241 is not being a butthurt little baby lost all credibility. The time and effort dedicated to comparing Machida to Kalib Starnes is all anyone needs to see.

Hendo got outstruck and lost WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

2/25/13 7:46 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida wasn't as aggressive as usual but he did land some pretty significant shots.

2/25/13 7:52 PM
Herbish1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I know is I won't be buying a Machida headlined PPV. Keep him on Fox and FX, no one wants to pay to watch him fight. Everyone who marvels at his elusiveness reminds me of wine snobs who swirl the glass and sniff it before they drink to make it look like they are so sophisticated. When the truth is if it wasn't for Hendo being a true fighter, Machida wouldn't have thrown a single strike. You don't gotta brawl with the guy, but initiate some exchanges.
2/25/13 7:55 PM
ortman166

Lazer MMA -
DamnSevern - 

LOl at the number of strikes landed up here above in GIF!

Now lets get the 10 minutes + of Machida on the run.

Hendo and Machida never close to being hurt.
You mean the knee that drops Hendo? Lol Phone Post
2/25/13 7:58 PM
ortman166

Awesome thread damn Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.