UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida Strikes Landed on Hendo

2/25/13 7:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Xavier Wolfe
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lyoto forced Hendo to lunge with strikes from a range in which he could anticipate and counter it with ease. Every single one of those strikes is an example of this Phone Post
2/25/13 7:59 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herbish1 - All I know is I won't be buying a Machida headlined PPV. Keep him on Fox and FX, no one wants to pay to watch him fight. Everyone who marvels at his elusiveness reminds me of wine snobs who swirl the glass and sniff it before they drink to make it look like they are so sophisticated. When the truth is if it wasn't for Hendo being a true fighter, Machida wouldn't have thrown a single strike. You don't gotta brawl with the guy, but initiate some exchanges.

1. Speak for yourself. Plenty of people want to watch Machida fight. This is his first decision win in 4 years.

2. You are clearly a JustBleed moran, so your opinions hold little wieght round these parts.

2/25/13 8:00 PM
D241

The irony of someone with the screen name "lay and pray" sticking up for the elusive Lyoto Machida is rich.

The counter argument for those that say Machida didn't win is, "waaaaah, you're butthurt" makes it obvious that's all you have to say.

2/25/13 8:07 PM
ortman166

D241 -

The irony of someone with the screen name "lay and pray" sticking up for the elusive Lyoto Machida is rich.

The counter argument for those that say Machida didn't win is, "waaaaah, you're butthurt" makes it obvious that's all you have to say.

Wait.. I thought you were complaining about how machida won. You don't even think he did win???? Lolol Phone Post
2/25/13 8:07 PM
Herbish1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Herbish1 - All I know is I won't be buying a Machida headlined PPV. Keep him on Fox and FX, no one wants to pay to watch him fight. Everyone who marvels at his elusiveness reminds me of wine snobs who swirl the glass and sniff it before they drink to make it look like they are so sophisticated. When the truth is if it wasn't for Hendo being a true fighter, Machida wouldn't have thrown a single strike. You don't gotta brawl with the guy, but initiate some exchanges.

1. Speak for yourself. Plenty of people want to watch Machida fight. This is his first decision win in 4 years.

2. You are clearly a JustBleed moran, so your opinions hold little wieght round these parts.

That's not true, I enjoy all kinds of fights. I just don't enjoy when someone steps in the cage and refuses to engage.
2/25/13 8:11 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 02/25/13 8:13 PM
D241 - 

No the counter argument has been made over and over, but you refuse to accept it and keep crying about not enough action for your viewing pleasure. He was the more "Effective Striker" in a fight that was 80% striking. He did everything better than Henderson outside of "moving forward" that doesn't even score in MMA unless it is "EFFECTIVE aggression".

To compare a counter striker that is as accurate and devastating as Machida to "LnP" just shows how butthurt or ignorant you really are.

Fucking guy has one of the best HL reel finishes of all UFC fighters.....he cannot put away a guy who has NEVER been KO'd and all of a sudden dipshits are comparing his to LaynPray and Kalib Starnes.

Then they wonder why people call them butthurt idiots...

2/25/13 8:12 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Herbish1 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

That's not true, I enjoy all kinds of fights. I just don't enjoy when someone steps in the cage and refuses to engage.

He outstruck Henderson soundly on the feet.

I think maybe you need to try and learn the difference between "refusing to engage" and "refusing to stand and wang in front of someone with HEAVY hands". Clearly you have never done any type of striking training.

2/25/13 8:18 PM
Lazer MMA

warrendale - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Glovegate - 
DamnSevern - 

a lesser chin would hav ebeen KO'd

I like you but you've absolutely lost it on this one.  Most of those strikes are not making good contact and don't have a lot behind them.

You pretty much proved Machida's detractor's point with this thread by posting all the strikes he landed and clearly demonstrating the fight looked like a sparring session on Machida's part.

I like how these gifs are often a minute apart too.  Because during the interim Machida was backing away or moving his hands around and doing nothing.

I love how in that minute or two Hendo was plodding around swining at air and not cutting off the cage, doing nothing as well.

Show the dozen or more clips of Hendo landing solid strikes for us all would you...

So if hendo had backed up and only countered he could have won and you'd be entertained? Would you have more respect for either fighter if they both backed up the whole fight and only threw counters? The fight would have had half of the already low number of strikes. The only reason you are able to praise machida now is because Dan tried to fight. If Dan had the same strategy we'd all be in here agreeing the fight sucked and both game plans were bull crap. Phone Post

There are about 10 minutes of of footage of Machida backing TF up and Hendo coming forward. Neither fighter hurt the other at all. Machida fought the fight he did because he thought it offered the best chance of victory. Most posters thought this this was achieved. Looking at strikes that landed Machida had the better ones but being there was no effect it's a net 0 in true damage done on both sides period as neither was ever hurt at all. To me with so few strikes landing in total under these circumstances it's foolish to look at anything other than total strikes that did land at all as neither fighter did much.

Yes I think Hendo needed to try to draw a warning on Machida for failing to engage and hold back more than he did (the fighter who committed himself to being the attacker was at a disadvantage and put themselves in harms way more often). Moreover, Hendo's aggression coming forward and forcing the fight needed to be rewarded IMO even as Machida's running should not be without consequences as well; however, this tactic of backing TF off at times could not be complete in nature as Hendo could NOT win by sitting back the entire fight himself either.

Hendo blamed himself (although IMO for the wrong reasons) in the end, he said he let Machida do what he wanted too often, given the judges decision I'd say this thought was spot on.
2/25/13 8:20 PM
Lazer MMA

He was outstruck so long as all strikes in total are not counted that landed. Neither fighter landed a ton of shit to boot to say the least.
2/25/13 8:21 PM
ShatsBassoon
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lot of emotions up in here!

Remember guys it's ruled on "effective striking"  those weak leg kicks Dan was throwing i wouldn't consider effective.

2/25/13 8:25 PM
Lazer MMA

ortman166 - 
Lazer MMA -
DamnSevern - 

LOl at the number of strikes landed up here above in GIF!

Now lets get the 10 minutes + of Machida on the run.

Hendo and Machida never close to being hurt.
You mean the knee that drops Hendo? Lol Phone Post

No the 19 to 9 strike total in the GIF. Do you know the total in RD.3?

Are you saying Hendo was hurt? LOl really? His balance was set off granted.
2/25/13 8:27 PM
Lazer MMA

ShatsBassoon - 

Remember guys it's ruled on "effective striking"  those weak leg kicks Dan was throwing i wouldn't consider effective.

Granted and Hendo was not at all hurt by Machida either.
2/25/13 8:28 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how many guys walk through this?

2/25/13 8:30 PM
Lazer MMA

Who was that guy that walked threw Carmont's front kick. Put up that GIF!
2/25/13 8:30 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Glovegate - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Glovegate - 
DamnSevern - 

I like you but you've absolutely lost it on this one.  Most of those strikes are not making good contact and don't have a lot behind them.

You pretty much proved Machida's detractor's point with this thread by posting all the strikes he landed and clearly demonstrating the fight looked like a sparring session on Machida's part.

I like how these gifs are often a minute apart too.  Because during the interim Machida was backing away or moving his hands around and doing nothing.

I love how in that minute or two Hendo was plodding around swining at air and not cutting off the cage, doing nothing as well.

Show the dozen or more clips of Hendo landing solid strikes for us all would you...

I never said Hendo won.

It's hard to hit what's constantly running from you but yes, both men are at fault.

The problem is, this isn't a pattern for Dan, it is for Machida.  He is always doing this sort of thing. 

He is always doing it and more often than not FINISHING his opponents over the last 5 years. Dan seems to be impossible to finish outside of submissions. No surprize Machida couldn't finish the man who has proven to be impossible to finish standing over the last decade...

2/25/13 8:31 PM
buddie
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow thanks!
2/25/13 8:31 PM
Lazer MMA

Put up the GIF of the Colture KO too to compare
2/25/13 8:32 PM
ShatsBassoon
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
ShatsBassoon - 

Umm yeah have you seen the shots Hendo has walked through over his career.

Guy's a beast but he did take some heavy shots.

I agree the fight was far from edge of your seat action but i do agree with the decision.

2/25/13 8:34 PM
Osbot

D241 - 

I see it now.

I didn't see it before, but I see it now.

I change my mind. I'm on board the Machida wagon.

I went back and started studying old fights of Master elusive fighters. 

I only found one guy who does it better than Lyoto.

Kalib Starnes.

Just watching that gif, his elusiveness is a thing of beauty. It's what fighting is all about. One thing I got after studying this gif for 10 minutes, is something Lyoto can do in his future bouts.

Notice how Kalib strategically makes his opponent chase him, wasting all that energy? Machida tries to do this, but many times Machida has to do a feint, like fake punch, fake kick, to draw his opponents in to come after him.

What the Master Elusive fighter Kalib Starnes does, is simply stick up one finger, which takes far less energy than those feints and fakes Lyoto was doing. 

It's a thing of beauty, such a master strategist. You guys don't appreciate it because you don't know fighting.

Imagine if Kalib suddenly stopped and launched himself into a Machida like straight right flattening Nate as he did the running man ;p
2/25/13 8:35 PM
Lazer MMA

ShatsBassoon - 
Lazer MMA - 
ShatsBassoon - 

Umm yeah have you seen the shots Hendo has walked through over his career.

Guy's a beast but he did take some heavy shots.

I agree the fight was far from edge of your seat action but i do agree with the decision.

Yea me too (although I do not agree), just as Hendo blamed himself as well.
2/25/13 8:39 PM
Herbish1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Herbish1 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I think maybe you need to try and learn the difference between "refusing to engage" and "refusing to stand and wang in front of someone with HEAVY hands". Clearly you have never done any type of striking training.

Again another one of your" clearly observations" is wrong. I didn't say machida should stand in front of him and just Wang. My point is if Hendo just stood there and didn't throw a strike first, machida wouldn't have thrown a strike and we would be left with a fight where not a single strike was thrown. I understand he's a counter striker and takes minimal damage, good for him he's great at it. But I wish he would initiate some offense in a fight without it being a counter strike. The sweeps from his clinch are fantastic. He has the tools to be super exciting. Hendo has a bad gas tank, there's no reason he should look like he can go another 3 rounds. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:40 PM
ChemdogChronic
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D421 i have never seen someone act as childish or dare i say "butthurt" as you have been in this thread. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:42 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Herbish1 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Herbish1 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Again another one of your" clearly observations" is wrong. I didn't say machida should stand in front of him and just Wang. My point is if Hendo just stood there and didn't throw a strike first, machida wouldn't have thrown a strike and we would be left with a fight where not a single strike was thrown. I understand he's a counter striker and takes minimal damage, good for him he's great at it. But I wish he would initiate some offense in a fight without it being a counter strike. The sweeps from his clinch are fantastic. He has the tools to be super exciting. Hendo has a bad gas tank, there's no reason he should look like he can go another 3 rounds. Phone Post
Yes you're totally right. If Dan would have just stood there not a single strike would be thrown....

Give it a rest. This angle is ridiculous. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:43 PM
Well Tempered Napkin
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C Riv -  I like Joes strategy. stand still or walk backwards. what would Machida do then?? Phone Post

The same thing he did to Sudoku when he stood still.

Fucking n00bs don't even watch UFC anymore.
2/25/13 8:43 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Glovegate -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Glovegate - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Glovegate - 
DamnSevern - 

I never said Hendo won.

It's hard to hit what's constantly running from you but yes, both men are at fault.

The problem is, this isn't a pattern for Dan, it is for Machida.  He is always doing this sort of thing. 

He is always doing it and more often than not FINISHING his opponents over the last 5 years. Dan seems to be impossible to finish outside of submissions. No surprize Machida couldn't finish the man who has proven to be impossible to finish standing over the last decade...

If he had tried you might have a point.  Unfortunately there isn't anything you can take away from what he did and still give him the win.  Yes he won but he did literally the absolute bare minimum.

He threw the exact same strikes that finished everyone in those gifs from the last page. He tried as hard as he always does. He didn't land them all as flush and Dan has one hell of an ability to take damage. That was the difference in this fight. Spin it however you want. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.