UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida Strikes Landed on Hendo

2/26/13 8:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

"Chuck Liddell looking over at our stat sheet, 'Did anyone land anything'"

And yet I'm the one being close minded, I don't see the brilliance of Machida in this fight, and I'm just butthurt.

I guess Chuck Liddell was butthurt too because he too was disappointed in the fight?

When did check liddell compare machida to Malibu starnes and insult machida over and over like a little butthurt fanboy? Oh that's right....he didn't. Phone Post
2/26/13 8:36 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

D241 -
Glovegate - 

Please stop resorting to personal insults.  How come everyone who found Machida's gameplan boring and irritating is a "just bleed" moran?

If you want to argue that you enjoyed it that's fine but please be more civil and open minded.  People who disagree with you are not idiots by virtue of the fact that they disagree with you.

Machida has great finishing ability when he chooses to employ it.  He did not choose to do so against Dan.  Using Dan's iron chin is a pretty weak excuse, bro.  More people than Dan could have withstood what Machida dished out (or didn't, as it were) last night.  All these gifs just prove that.

Also this:

"Yes, I already said they were not the same. They were not as flush"

"He fought the same way he always fights"

is just ridiculous.  Don't insult people if you're going to contradict yourself within the space of a single post.  Chill, brother.

Cheers.

Exactly, I come here for friendly banter or debate, and who was the first to throw an insult? That's right Wasa-B and LayNPray.

Find me where I called you butthurt or anytype of insult.

You won't find it, yet somehow you will think you're quick witted and try to counter with this is just me being butthurt.

That's what's funny, the people saying I'm butthurt are in reality, the first to resort to insults instead of debating the topic at hand.

Go reread the thread and look for the first personal insult. You will realize how ironic this post is. I kept it classy all the way until you started slinging insults because of your personal beef with me about your obsession with orcus....nice try child. Phone Post
2/26/13 8:50 AM
BuddyRevell
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/26/13 8:55 AM

Although none of these really hurt Dan, they definitely scored enough points to win. Can anybody who thought Hendo won post proof of him getting these many clean scoring hits on Machida? I doubt it. Like I've said before, Machida didn't hit Dan with too much over the course of a three round fight, but it's obvious Dan hit Machida with less. End of story.

2/26/13 8:59 AM
Lazer MMA

BuddyRevell - 

Although none of these really hurt Dan, they definitely scored enough points to win. Can anybody who thought Hendo won post proof of him getting these many clean scoring hits on Machida? I doubt it. Like I've said before, Machida didn't hit Dan with too much over the course of a three round fight, but it's obvious Dan hit Machida with less. End of story.

As no shots hurt either fighter at all to me the final factors are 1.6 strikes per minute VS 3.4, and one guy chasing the other one around and the other guy running for 10 minutes.

Having said that even Hendo said he was OK with the decision to me all fans should be too.
2/26/13 9:03 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA -
BuddyRevell - 

As no shots hurt either fighter at all to me the final factors are 1.6 strikes per minute VS 3.4, and one guy chasing the other one around and the other guy running for 10 minutes.

Having said that even Hendo said he was OK with the decision to me all fans should be too.
Nice distortion of facts with the strikes per minute averaged over the entire fight when you know damn well that the 2:00 on the ground with those "strikes" from Dan skew that statistic drastically. Phone Post
2/26/13 9:13 AM
spaceDRAGON

Good job Damn!

Please post the shots he landed after his trip on Hendo at the end of round one

He landed three clean shots! Phone Post
2/26/13 10:29 AM
bigdee1983420
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I approve of this thread,VTFU! Clearly alot of butthurt Hendo fans(For the record I'm a Hendo fan). Or,just a bunch of people that dont understand what there watching. I got real upset saturday night on twitter at people saying Lyoto was running. When clearly thats his style of Shotokan Karate elusive movement. Its like some people have never seen a Machida fight before. Hes a very intelligent fighter,you cannt expect him to un-intelligently go blow for blow with a guy like Hendo(w/Big Power/Chin). Its not Machida's fought Dan couldn't hit him lol,thats on Dan. Lyoto was landing body,leg,head,front kicks,knee's,and punches,trips/takedowns. While Dan was hitting AIR for the most part. Styles make fights for a reason,for the most part Lyoto goes after his opponents ala Silva,Evans,Bones,Bader. Lyoto executed his gameplan to a T,hes a masterful Karate technician. Its amazing how he avoids his opponents attack,while implementing his own. I love watching Lyoto fight,and he makes me appreciate why I'm a fan in the first place. Because I enjoy watching TECHNIQUE/SKILL! This sport is becoming far beyond the days of the brawlers,its about TRUE MARTIAL ARTIST!
2/26/13 11:18 AM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr - 

Now how bout someone show the strikes landed in Burmudez/Grice fight

great idea

will do that this weekend

2/26/13 12:00 PM
D241

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
D241 -
Glovegate - 

Please stop resorting to personal insults.  How come everyone who found Machida's gameplan boring and irritating is a "just bleed" moran?

If you want to argue that you enjoyed it that's fine but please be more civil and open minded.  People who disagree with you are not idiots by virtue of the fact that they disagree with you.

Machida has great finishing ability when he chooses to employ it.  He did not choose to do so against Dan.  Using Dan's iron chin is a pretty weak excuse, bro.  More people than Dan could have withstood what Machida dished out (or didn't, as it were) last night.  All these gifs just prove that.

Also this:

is just ridiculous.  Don't insult people if you're going to contradict yourself within the space of a single post.  Chill, brother.

Cheers.

Exactly, I come here for friendly banter or debate, and who was the first to throw an insult? That's right Wasa-B and LayNPray.

You won't find it, yet somehow you will think you're quick witted and try to counter with this is just me being butthurt.

That's what's funny, the people saying I'm butthurt are in reality, the first to resort to insults instead of debating the topic at hand.

Go reread the thread and look for the first personal insult. You will realize how ironic this post is. I kept it classy all the way until you started slinging insults because of your personal beef with me about your obsession with orcus....nice try child. Phone Post

I actually did. Now I ask you do do the same, and lets figure this out together shall we?

Page 2 is when I first posted on this thread. When did I ever say you or anyone was crying or butthurt or anytype of insult? B/c Wasa B, then you, said I'm butthurt. That's you guys not being able to keep your personal feelings out of it.

I want you do do me a favor. I'm asking YOU, to put ME, on Ignore. Can you do that for me lay n pray? I honestly don't like you and you annoy the shit out of me, so just stop being able to see me post b/c everytime I post and you disagree, you got to bring up some past shit instead of discussing a current topic. Put me on ignore, and carry about your business. I've already done it to you, but i haven't logged out and logged back in, but the work is done, I suggest you do what I have.

2/26/13 12:21 PM
Theflesh22
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4Later Phone Post
2/26/13 12:59 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

D241 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
D241 -
Glovegate - 

Also this:

Cheers.

I actually did. Now I ask you do do the same, and lets figure this out together shall we?

Page 2 is when I first posted on this thread. When did I ever say you or anyone was crying or butthurt or anytype of insult? B/c Wasa B, then you, said I'm butthurt. That's you guys not being able to keep your personal feelings out of it.

I want you do do me a favor. I'm asking YOU, to put ME, on Ignore. Can you do that for me lay n pray? I honestly don't like you and you annoy the shit out of me, so just stop being able to see me post b/c everytime I post and you disagree, you got to bring up some past shit instead of discussing a current topic. Put me on ignore, and carry about your business. I've already done it to you, but i haven't logged out and logged back in, but the work is done, I suggest you do what I have.

I actually said that you come off as butthurt and explained in a very polite manner why others are percieving it that way.

You're a sad little crybaby who cannot let go of that obsession poll I made about you and orcus. If you were able to get past that you would have realized I was only trying to help you see why you were coming off as butthurt to everyone.

You wont be able to keep me on ignore anyhow. You will see my blocked posts and have to know what I said anyhow. You will need to be able to screencap and data log them all to make a thread a couple years from now about how I may have contradicted myself. You're a creepy dude man. Creepy. Phone Post
2/26/13 2:24 PM
Jack_Bauer
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Herbish1 - All I know is I won't be buying a Machida headlined PPV. Keep him on Fox and FX, no one wants to pay to watch him fight. Everyone who marvels at his elusiveness reminds me of wine snobs who swirl the glass and sniff it before they drink to make it look like they are so sophisticated. When the truth is if it wasn't for Hendo being a true fighter, Machida wouldn't have thrown a single strike. You don't gotta brawl with the guy, but initiate some exchanges.

1. Speak for yourself. Plenty of people want to watch Machida fight. This is his first decision win in 4 years.

2. You are clearly a JustBleed moran, so your opinions hold little wieght round these parts.

"This is his first decision win in 4 years"

I like how you used this stat to help your argument. His last decision win was actually on October 24, 2009 against Shogun. This win was February 23, 2013.....a span of 3 years and 4 months, not 4 years. Not to mention he only won 2 fights in that 3 year and 4 month span, so yes.....those 2 fights he won were not by decision.

So if your point is that his only 2 wins in the last 3+ years were not by decision, then your point stands. But I would obviously counter-argue that 10 of his 19 career wins are via decision. So, stat-tweaking can work both ways.

And for the record, I completely agree that Machida won that fight.... I think that was clear. But some of the arguments being offered by both sides here are just ridiculous. Some people take it so personally when someone disagrees with them.....it screams immaturity. (this last part is not aimed at you LayNPray, I just happened to quote you)

2/26/13 2:27 PM
Kid Charlemagne
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/26/13 2:30 PM
D241

Edited: 02/26/13 2:36 PM
Jack_Bauer - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Herbish1 - All I know is I won't be buying a Machida headlined PPV. Keep him on Fox and FX, no one wants to pay to watch him fight. Everyone who marvels at his elusiveness reminds me of wine snobs who swirl the glass and sniff it before they drink to make it look like they are so sophisticated. When the truth is if it wasn't for Hendo being a true fighter, Machida wouldn't have thrown a single strike. You don't gotta brawl with the guy, but initiate some exchanges.

1. Speak for yourself. Plenty of people want to watch Machida fight. This is his first decision win in 4 years.

2. You are clearly a JustBleed moran, so your opinions hold little wieght round these parts.

I like how you used this stat to help your argument. His last decision win was actually on October 24, 2009 against Shogun. This win was February 23, 2013.....a span of 3 years and 4 months, not 4 years. Not to mention he only won 2 fights in that 3 year and 4 month span, so yes.....those 2 fights he won were not by decision.

So if your point is that his only 2 wins in the last 3+ years were not by decision, then your point stands. But I would obviously counter-argue that 10 of his 19 career wins are via decision. So, stat-tweaking can work both ways.

And for the record, I completely agree that Machida won that fight.... I think that was clear. But some of the arguments being offered by both sides here are just ridiculous. Some people take it so personally when someone disagrees with them.....it screams immaturity. (this last part is not aimed at you LayNPray, I just happened to quote you)

To be fair he's disagreeing with you and calling you a "just bleed moron". So when you say "some people take it so personally it screams immaturity to where they have to label people with insults instead of debatin", he fits that bill to a T.

He thinks he only does it with me, but he's done it here to you, and he does it all the time. Without the insults he can make some points, but as soon as he does, I just realize that guy can't play well with others.

2/26/13 2:51 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Hahaha. D241 says he put me on ignore and wants nothing to do with me. Then starts quoting my conversations with others.....to talk about me in he third person.

Too funny. Phone Post
2/26/13 2:51 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

The* Phone Post
2/26/13 4:39 PM
MANACONDA
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/26/13 5:21 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack_Bauer - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital." ~Aaron Levenstein

That said:
Machida has also won 4 of his last 6 fights incl Hendo by finish.

The other dec win was the Shogun fight which most thought he lost but in which he still threw lots of attacks (it was also a 5 rounder).

In his 3 losses which were all since 2010, he's lost 2 by finish and 1 by decision. He lost to Shogun by being countered. He lost to Jones by Jones really being Jones but was the first guy before Vitor nearly tapped Jones to take a round from him (in the UFC i believe anyhow). He lost that dec to Rampage by being gunshy for 2 rounds and dropping those 2 rounds but came close to finishing Rampage or at least had him in danger in the 3rd round. That was also Machida's first fight coming out of his first career loss and also a KTFO.

Machida had much more criticism in his early UFC bouts even though he usually dropped all of his opponents at some point in the fight. Then from the Thiago fight (Jan of 2009), his finishing rate became quite good, one of the better finishers in the UFC esp against top level opposition.

And as pointed out, he threw the same shots that have either dropped or finished others such as Bader (with the counter right), Randy (jumping karate kid kick), Tito (flying knee to gut). He just was not able to line them up as exact as he got the others with. But he still threw them. He just wasnt able to land as flush and while Dan can be dropped, he does have a pretty good chin. So while I dont think this was Machida's best performance, i still enjoyed the fight and did not expect Machida to fight stupid against Hendo like Shogun and Fedor either. Yes, i think we all agree 5 rounds would have been better but that's to no fault of Machida's and it was Dan who was the more passive fighter at the end even though Machida was up (or should have been up) 2-0 on all cards.
2/26/13 5:21 PM
D241

Edited: 02/26/13 5:28 PM

One of, if not the best threads I ever created, was a Randy Couture appreciation thread. 

Even though it's about Randy's storied mma career from beginning to end, in the end, I give MAAAD PROPS to Lyoto Machida(including Mr.Miyagi and Steven Seagal)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1957102

2/26/13 5:28 PM
D241

Jose/Edgar=Draw

Diaz/Condit=Draw

Machida/Rampage=Draw

Machida/Henderson=Draw

It's funny that I know I'm consistent b/c I know me more than anyone, but yet half of those fights that when the controversay was on the UG boards, only the Nick Diaz/Carlos Condit and Machida/Henderson fights am I accused of being over emotional or too attached, or butthurt if you will.

One year exactly THIS MONTH, I had this thread regarding DRAWS

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1954146

Rampage-Griffin-DRAW
Edgar/Penn 1-DRAW
Penn/Fitch-DRAW
Machida/Shogun 1-DRAW
Machida/Shogun-Draw
Condit/Diaz-DRAW

2/7/12 4:03 PM  
D241 202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile 

2/26/13 6:00 PM
D241

Props to Damn Severn. This thread was made 1 day ago and it's already past 17k views 

2/26/13 6:02 PM
lockon
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People who actually throw around the word "butthurt" are probably the same teenage girls who use "hater". Please, be civil and don't derail threads with your dumb posting habits and obsessions with one another.

Some of you treat this place like some grade school playground. Phone Post
2/26/13 6:44 PM
D241

Agreed. I'm sure people hate reading the stupid personal back and forths as much as I hate being dragged into them.

Sorry.

2/26/13 6:56 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

Jose/Edgar=Draw

Diaz/Condit=Draw

Machida/Rampage=Draw

Machida/Henderson=Draw

It's funny that I know I'm consistent b/c I know me more than anyone, but yet half of those fights that when the controversay was on the UG boards, only the Nick Diaz/Carlos Condit and Machida/Henderson fights am I accused of being over emotional or too attached, or butthurt if you will.

One year exactly THIS MONTH, I had this thread regarding DRAWS

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1954146

Rampage-Griffin-DRAW
Edgar/Penn 1-DRAW
Penn/Fitch-DRAW
Machida/Shogun 1-DRAW
Machida/Shogun-Draw
Condit/Diaz-DRAW

2/7/12 4:03 PM  
D241 202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile 

I think you are calling draw as a "fight" overall though and not by the 10 must round by round. Like its hard to say Machida didnt lost those first 2 rounds against Rampage though he had the better round in 3rd than Rampage's 1st 2 combined, dont think it was enough for a 10-8. Yes, we all can agree the 10 must esp for a 3 rounder is not good.

That said, I think i was in the minority that felt Aldo/Egdar was a lot closer than people gave credit for. I thought R 3-5 were all quite close but after rewatching, i think i agreed that Aldo won R3 and thus the fight.

Diaz/Condit i would have to watch again.

I think Machida/Shogun 1 was a lot closer than people made it out to be as well. But i did think Machida did get a bit lucky there.

I think it would be a bit different if the actual 10 must tallies you had were actual draws. Like, how do you score Machida/Hendo a draw by round scores? What about Hendo/Shogun? I think most people were calling for draw on that one simply because it could/should have been scored that way. For the record, I would actually be for judges using the 10-10 more when appropriate....i just dont think it was for Machida/Hendo. ;p
2/26/13 7:24 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
D241 -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
D241 -
Glovegate - 

Also this:

Cheers.

I actually said that you come off as butthurt and explained in a very polite manner why others are percieving it that way.

You're a sad little crybaby who cannot let go of that obsession poll I made about you and orcus. If you were able to get past that you would have realized I was only trying to help you see why you were coming off as butthurt to everyone.

You wont be able to keep me on ignore anyhow. You will see my blocked posts and have to know what I said anyhow. You will need to be able to screencap and data log them all to make a thread a couple years from now about how I may have contradicted myself. You're a creepy dude man. Creepy. Phone Post

Woo, there is some legitimate dislike here

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.