UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo clarifies stance, will fight Pettis, no title

2/25/13 9:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't understand why any champ would care if another fighter "deserves" a shot at the title, unless they are scared or unless they think that bigger money fights are in the offing.

The only people that should be concerned with "deserving" anything are the contenders who are on the ladder.
2/25/13 9:34 PM
Thacommish
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aldo getting that anderson silva money
2/25/13 9:37 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So apparently if Aldo beats Pettis he gets an instant LW title shot. Pretty sweet, and only fair considering all this BS instant title shot in a different weight class drama. Aldo's camp has parlayed it into a benefit for them.
2/25/13 9:55 PM
easedel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - So apparently if Aldo beats Pettis he gets an instant LW title shot. Pretty sweet, and only fair considering all this BS instant title shot in a different weight class drama. Aldo's camp has parlayed it into a benefit for them.

what kind of fuckery is dana doing???
2/25/13 10:02 PM
RollHighAllDay
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo is holding out for Anderson silva money Phone Post
2/25/13 10:23 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ntreb23 - 
Chiron - So apparently if Aldo beats Pettis he gets an instant LW title shot. Pretty sweet, and only fair considering all this BS instant title shot in a different weight class drama. Aldo's camp has parlayed it into a benefit for them.

is this true?

Apparently.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2013/02/apos-polemica-dana-white-confirma-luta-entre-jose-aldo-e-anthony-pettis.html

It seems Pederneiras said that as a condition for accepting this fight from a guy who wasn't a FW that after this fight Aldo gets a LW title shot.
2/25/13 10:51 PM
Vril

RollHighAllDay -  Aldo is holding out for Anderson silva money Phone Post

I don't think no ones making AS money.

Maybe GSP

2/26/13 1:09 AM
judokaman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone in entertainment whether its sports, movies, music claim to have righteous convictions and loyalty. These always seem to get tossed in the dumpster when the price is right. How many actors who consider themselves artists have taken shit super hero roles because there's a boat load of money in it. Those who fight the powers that be are either very stupid or exceedingly wealthy to the point where they can do what they want. Aldo is neither of these and wants to maximize the few years where his stock is highest. This will be his biggest pay day yet and he will accept the title fight with a big smile on his face.
2/26/13 1:55 AM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now THAT'S a fucking superfight.

I never forgot Pettis getting screwed out of a title fight as the final WEC LW champ. Dana's making it right, the fans get a potential fight of the year candidate and Aldo gets a chance at being champion in two weight classes, cementing his unreal legacy.

I don't even get why anyone dislikes anything about that whole situation. I do understand Aldo's point about the unfairness to others in his division, but let's be quite frank here, the FW division is in its infancy and Pettis probably beats every single one of them, that's the bottom line and probably what the UFC heads were thinking too.

I don't hide the fact that Pettis has been my favourite fighter since the showtime kick, the only fighter I liked on Facebook and the single reason my best friend is now a pretty big UFC fan. I... CANNOT...WAIT.
2/26/13 2:20 AM
Sergio88
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the card that features the Aldo Vs. Pettis card also feature a Featherweight tournament featuring Lamas Vs. Korean Zombie & Edgar Vs. Swanson.

2/26/13 3:02 AM
ausgepicht

OK, with all the bilingual speakers in the world. I know of no less than 40-50 in my neighborhood alone who speak English and Portuguese fluently....why can't a top publication find a halfway decent translator. This is a pile of horseshit.

2/26/13 3:28 AM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^
Yeah, this stuff is sometimes hard to read, and meanings get twisted...
2/26/13 4:10 AM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMOZ - Aldo is kidding himself if he thinks he gets to make that decision. He'll be stripped of the title. Phone Post
Cant see that happening when Cruz hasnt fought in like 100 years it seems, he hasnt said he wouldnt fight him what he is doing is sticking up for the dighters in his weight class saying the deserve the fight abpn the big pay day!! I like this fight but I understand you cant just hop weight class to get a belt Phone Post
2/26/13 4:10 AM
toovie

Fighters* damn Iphone Phone Post
2/26/13 4:22 AM
Smellde Gluve
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/26/13 5:24 AM
SOO72

LOL, is there any actual proof that they had to pay him more moey to take the fight?
2/26/13 7:04 AM
Jill Laz

da Vinci 81 - Turning this down will do irreparable damage to Aldo's career. It will likely get him stripped of his title and put him in the UFC's doghouse for years to come. There's zero benefit to Aldo to be taking this kind of stand right now. Phone Post
True but on some level I agree all the guys that train and fight there hearts out for a title shot only to be passed over after they win but, Zuffa calls the shots it's in his best interest to do what they want Phone Post
2/26/13 8:14 AM
Smellde Gluve
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 

Pederneiras:
"I had a meeting with him today (Monday) and Aldo said: I'm done with this bullshit! They're saying I'm ducking him, now they will see who will be the one running when the time comes. If you like violence, buy the PPV for this fight, because that's what you'll going to see. Heads will roll.

Right after that, I called Dana to confirm the match, but with one condition: He will fight the LW champion after that."

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos...ny-pettis.html

Pettis is in for the beating of his life and will regret dropping down to 145.

Wow. I hope these 2 match-ups happen. Epic.

2/26/13 10:14 AM
Hired Gun
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As if Aldo isn't scary enough now he's pissed. Train hard Pettis you'll need it.
2/26/13 10:18 AM
Phil999

wwe style of title fighting.
2/26/13 10:22 AM
Phil999

Jose is saying a title fight for Pettis is not fair to the other contenders in the weight class and is against it. He does not say he won't fight Pettis for the title. the translation distorts what he is saying.
2/26/13 2:26 PM
WrestlingSucks
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hasnt Anderson Silva taught you ' aldo is scared" people by now?

Saying a guy doesnt deserve a fight is not being scared.
2/26/13 4:40 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster -

Pederneiras:
"I had a meeting with him today (Monday) and Aldo said: I'm done with this bullshit! They're saying I'm ducking him, now they will see who will be the one running when the time comes. If you like violence, buy the PPV for this fight, because that's what you'll going to see. Heads will roll.

Right after that, I called Dana to confirm the match, but with one condition: He will fight the LW champion after that."

Holy shit, they need to show this in the hype video Phone Post
2/27/13 8:38 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They ''bought'' him plain and simple. He is definitely getting the lightweight titleshot if he gets a win against Pettis.

I think the Pettis vs Aldo fight is an awesome fight to watch. I also absolutely do believe that Pettis has a bigger chance then most against Aldo.

I really do not think there is anything in all the so called postering,Aldo getting angry at people telling him he is ducking Pettis etc etc. He was only swayed because he is getting the immediate titleshot in the lightweight division as well. So i guess he was not that principled but he was just annoyed that he was not enjoying the perks of the new match making process at Zuffa. Now i do not begrudge him for it but they only reason he is agreeing is because the bone held up before his face was to big to refuse.

2/27/13 12:03 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster -

Pederneiras:

Holy shit, I'm scared. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.