UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva willing to meet JBJ at 192 lbs

2/25/13 6:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know there's already a thread on this, but this part of the article wasn't really mentioned in it and I think it's pretty important.

That's just 7 lbs up from MW.  I think a 6'4 dude like Jones is gonna have an extremely hard time making 192.  Is this just typical AS posturing, or is he making stipulations that he knows Jones can't meet?

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2013/02/em-palestra-anderson-diz-que-deve-enfrentar-jon-jones-ainda-este-ano.html

Translation:

The lecture was held last Wednesday in Las Vegas, and was attended by Anderson, former player Rai, the announcer of TV Globo Galvão Bueno and his son, the pilot of Stock Car Caca Bueno. They answered the questions of those present, the company's employees, and at some point the fighter was asked about the matchup against Jon Jones. Besides confirming their willingness to face it and say that this should occur in 2013, said the Spider to be fighting at a weight of about 87kg intermediate and not worth nor his middleweight belt (up to 83.9 kg) nor the light heavyweight belt (up to 93kg) Jones. Also according to the Brazilian, the idea is that the event takes place in New York City, where it has already exited the release of the State of New York to perform MMA tournaments there. If not, is there a chance of the stage being a soccer stadium in Brazil. The story was told by an official of that great Brazilian company the details of the lecture.

2/25/13 6:17 PM
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also - here is Cubby's thread: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2138556

2/25/13 6:18 PM
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol.

Did he fight Bonnar, Griffin, and Irvin at 192 as well ?

Did Fedor say he would fight Hong Man Choi at 238# ? Phone Post
2/25/13 6:18 PM
ChaosOverkill
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7 up from MW and 13 down from 205? Seems strange

2/25/13 6:20 PM

ChaosOverkill - 

I agree.  If that's as high as he's willing to go, then it's as good as him saying he doesn't want the fight.  Jon isn't getting down to 192.

2/25/13 6:20 PM
ufc98newb
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -  Lol.

Did he fight Bonnar, Griffin, and Irvin at 192 as well ?

Did Fedor say he would fight Hong Man Choi at 238# ? Phone Post

yup. those are all legit comparisons to taking the risk of fighting the #2 p4p fighter in the world

2/25/13 6:21 PM
ABE FROMAN

This is just the first time we've heard of it. My guess is that it changes when they get serious.

2/25/13 6:22 PM
ChaosOverkill
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

This is just the first time we've heard of it. My guess is that it changes when they get serious.

yeah I would have to assume. Weight negotiations lol. When it gets into .5 of a lb it's gonna be funny

2/25/13 6:23 PM
nolabrum

I would think 195 would make more sense. There have been a few catchweight fights in the UFC at 195. Either way I hope Jones and SIlva agree on a weight because this fight would be awesome to watch.
2/25/13 6:35 PM
spideynhb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gauntlet thrown. He will fight him, but not for the title.
2/25/13 6:40 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calm down people. its just posturing. they will end up at 195 probably. The main point is that it will not be for a ufc title. and we know he is willing to make this fight happen
2/25/13 6:41 PM
sparkuri

Jones camp: "I think we can make 195, but Jon will be near death"

Silva camp: "Word is he'll be near death at 195. Let's offer 192."

DFW camp:" Let out another UG Blog statement. This will keep those idiots talking for another week. Then release a "Fedor signed with UFC" on March 1st to mark the eleven month anniversary of April fools joke" Phone Post
2/25/13 6:42 PM

Virus x - I dont blame Anderson for not wanting to fight Jones. A loss to Jones affects his legacy, But I think he should just say he dosnt want to fight Jones rather than making statements like this which he knows aint going to happen
Agreed. I think it's an extremely tough fight for Andy, and I understand if he didn't want to take the fight Phone Post
ABE FROMAN

Doctor NPD - So he wouldn't meet GSP at a catchweight but he expects Jones to meet him there? Typical

What the fuck are you talking about? Haven't you seen the 14,000 articles saying 'Anderson says he can make 170'?

ranier wolfcastle
1022 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the correct and easiest answer for jj on this = NO

2/25/13 6:46 PM
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty cowardly way of declining the fight.
2/25/13 6:50 PM
JOESONDO
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I's say split the difference (195) but he's already fought at 205 three times.
2/25/13 6:50 PM
Ep32nv
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
ChaosOverkill - 

I agree.  If that's as high as he's willing to go, then it's as good as him saying he doesn't want the fight.  Jon isn't getting down to 192.

Jones has plenty if time to get some of those internal organs he dose t actually need if he wanted to make 192.

Jones is scared. Phone Post
2/25/13 6:55 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I don't need to see this fight.
2/25/13 6:55 PM

Ep32nv -
ChaosOverkill - 

Jones has plenty if time to get some of those internal organs he dose t actually need if he wanted to make 192.

I know. Get that splenectomy and stop being such a pussy Jon Phone Post
2/25/13 7:05 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - So he wouldn't meet GSP at a catchweight but he expects Jones to meet him there? Typical

What? He said multiple times he wanted to fight GSP at a catchweight of 178 I believe.

2/25/13 7:05 PM
orcus

Jones doesn't even want the fight at 205, what is the point of offering an even less-enticing catchweight?

2/25/13 7:06 PM

orcus - 

Jones doesn't even want the fight at 205, what is the point of offering an even less-enticing catchweight?

Jones would absolutely fight Anderson at 205.

2/25/13 7:07 PM
Ep32nv
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ep32nv -
ChaosOverkill - 

At least you understand sarcasm.

I got voted down for the post haha

Chill homies Phone Post
2/25/13 7:10 PM

Ep32nv - 
Ep32nv -
ChaosOverkill - 

At least you understand sarcasm.

I got voted down for the post haha

Chill homies Phone Post

Reversed the VD for you

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.