UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva willing to meet JBJ at 192 lbs

2/25/13 7:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dannyapodaca
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana won't allow catch weight fights for champions. Or was that just the rule for rousey Phone Post
2/25/13 7:13 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyapodaca -  Dana won't allow catch weight fights for champions. Or was that just the rule for rousey Phone Post

He'd 100% allow a CW fight between JBJ and Silva or GSP and Silva.  He's just protecting Rousey.

2/25/13 7:17 PM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
2/25/13 7:42 PM
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

2/25/13 8:05 PM
Jons Forsberg

Glovegate - 

If I were Jones I'd accept then cut to 215 and stop there.

Fucking LOL @ 192.   It's not even half way between their divisions.

Anderson apparently never wanting to fight who the UFC says, GSP flat out denying Hendricks, Aldo flat out refusing Pettis a title shot, Ronda doing a 180 on saying she would fight Cyborg after she won the belt...

What the FUCK is happening to this sport?

this is happening:

2/25/13 8:07 PM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - Lol.

Did he fight Bonnar, Griffin, and Irvin at 192 as well ?

Did Fedor say he would fight Hong Man Choi at 238# ? Phone Post
HMC is 1% the fighter jones is, huge difference Phone Post
2/25/13 8:16 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyapodaca -  Dana won't allow catch weight fights for champions. Or was that just the rule for rousey Phone Post

I'm sure Dana didn't want to give Ronda a belt and then give her a fight in which she wouldn't be defending it. Anderson Silva and Bones have established themselves as champs in the UFC, multiple defenses. If they had made the Cyborg fight and Ronda lost, you'd all be bitching when she came back as champ to defend her belt.
2/25/13 8:58 PM
UGCTT_mrthesnake
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana said on Rogans podcast the other day that Anderson likes to fuck with the media,(like saying he could make 170) and that what he wants is big fights. Take that however you want. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:59 PM

UGCTT_mrthesnake -  Dana said on Rogans podcast the other day that Anderson likes to fuck with the media,(like saying he could make 170) and that what he wants is big fights. Take that however you want. Phone Post

Agreed.  I never know what is going on in that man's head.

2/25/13 9:02 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
UGCTT_mrthesnake -  Dana said on Rogans podcast the other day that Anderson likes to fuck with the media,(like saying he could make 170) and that what he wants is big fights. Take that however you want. Phone Post

2/25/13 9:04 PM

I think a 200 lb CW fight is fair.  What would be most fair is 195, but I really don't think Jon can get down there.

2/25/13 9:06 PM
mijo

At 192lbs. Jones will lose 12lbs more than he is used too, and Silva will probably have no problem making that weight. Ultimately they both gain weight after the weigh in, and both fighters end up at 220lbs. Sounds pretty reasonable. Remember that Jones is a bigger fighter than Anderson Silva. End of story. Jones will be a heavyweight in a couple of years. So this makes alot of sense too me, because I put some thought into it. Try it once awhile.
2/25/13 9:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

That makes sense. He's never liked opening up to the media Phone Post
2/25/13 9:07 PM
mofomike
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

195 Phone Post
2/25/13 9:08 PM
Petey B
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate catch weight fights. Completely meaningless.
2/25/13 9:09 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a 200 lb CW fight is fair.  What would be most fair is 195, but I really don't think Jon can get down there.

No chance of Jones getting under 200. It's probably not easy for him to make 205. There's a reason he wants to go to heavyweight Phone Post
2/25/13 9:11 PM

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

No chance of Jones getting under 200. It's probably not easy for him to make 205. There's a reason he wants to go to heavyweight Phone Post

So do you think it should happen at 205? I think it would be difficult, but with a small lifestyle change and a scientific and calculated cut, Jon could get down to 200.

2/25/13 9:14 PM
UGSlapshot

circa305 -
BOMDC - Pretty cowardly way of declining the fight.

GOAT
It wouldn't look so tacky if Silva didn't frequently move up to 205.

But to insist on a catch weight tells me he takes Jones very seriously and wants to mitigate the weight/ strength advantage of Jones. Phone Post
2/25/13 9:19 PM
Barbalos

Edited: 02/25/13 9:18 PM
Just a roundabout way of saying he doesn't want the fight, and even if he got this, Jones wouldn't be at near 100%.
2/25/13 9:20 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

So do you think it should happen at 205? I think it would be difficult, but with a small lifestyle change and a scientific and calculated cut, Jon could get down to 200.

If it happens I'd say might as well do it for the 205 title. Silva is only going to weigh like 202-207 probably and I don't feel like making Jones cut an extra 5 pounds is really that big of a deal. He's going to be a lot bigger no matter what weight they do it at.

Only way I see a 200 lb catchweight making sense is if Silva doesn't want the 205 title and Jones doesn't want to risk losing his belt in a superfight with Silva. Phone Post
2/25/13 9:22 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

mijo - At 192lbs. Jones will lose 12lbs more than he is used too, and Silva will probably have no problem making that weight. Ultimately they both gain weight after the weigh in, and both fighters end up at 220lbs. Sounds pretty reasonable. Remember that Jones is a bigger fighter than Anderson Silva. End of story. Jones will be a heavyweight in a couple of years. So this makes alot of sense too me, because I put some thought into it. Try it once awhile.
Lol Silva wouldn't be anywhere close to 220. The information is out there if you want it, I'll leave it at that. I don't want to derail this surprisingly civil thread Phone Post
2/25/13 9:24 PM
XcessiveZ

The fight won't happen if that's the stipulation. Phone Post
2/25/13 9:30 PM
PrettyBoy
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manny Pacquiao made his whole career off of doing this once he went above 140 and you guys all thought it was fine.He has never had one legit title above 140 that wasnt done exactly like this.

2/25/13 9:31 PM
orcus

orcus - 

Jones doesn't even want the fight at 205, what is the point of offering an even less-enticing catchweight?

Jones would absolutely fight Anderson at 205.

Whether he would or not, he said he doesn't want to. Is having to cut 13 extra pounds supposed to sweeten the pot?

2/25/13 9:31 PM
orcus

orcus - 

Jones doesn't even want the fight at 205, what is the point of offering an even less-enticing catchweight?

Jones would absolutely fight Anderson at 205.

Whether he would or not, he said he doesn't want to. Is having to cut 13 extra pounds supposed to sweeten the pot?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.