UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva willing to meet JBJ at 192 lbs

2/26/13 1:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
303 - I am sorry but the UFC would be foolish to not allow this fight to happen. If it means they have to break, or ammend their contract with the fighters they need to do so. I have followed this sport since the beginning we always wanted the top guys from all organizations fight. Sak vs Rickson, Wand vs Chuck. etc. This is the chance to make the first SUPER fight. If they have to offer these guys 3 million each and a PPV share do it. Then the great part is, whoever loses WILL get a rematch. They need to make a deal so crazy they have to take it.

Jesus Christ you guys throw "Superfight" out all the time now.  It's like it's the new cool thing to say for good fights.  This is not a superfight.  It's a VERY exciting fight between 2 exciting styles that pit a dominant champ versus a guy who got dominated by Guida, eeked out a decision to Jeremy Stephens, and then has had 2 impressive wins.

GSP vs Anderson is a superfight, Anderson vs Jones is a superfight.  Aldo vs Pettis would be a superfight if Pettis was the LW champ who had dominated and completely cleared out the LW division for the past 3 years.

wat

2/26/13 1:28 AM
PutYourChubbyInMyCubby
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got like 19 replies you got 100 not fair haha. Thanks for saying that I posted first Phone Post
2/26/13 1:30 AM
sparkuri

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

whatchu mean wat?

Did you just vote me down ?

Are you in the right thread ?

Maybe I'm tired, but it appears you're talking about Aldo/Pettis not being a superfight, but Anderson /Jones being one, which is what the whole thread is about.

2/26/13 1:45 AM
sparkuri

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

I did vote you up though

Back at ya.

I'm talking to the ambien Walrus right now.

2/26/13 1:52 AM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blupitt - I dont believe nething anderson tells the media dude is a mega troll. Phone Post
Yup. Typical Anderson horse shit. Phone Post
2/26/13 1:55 AM
jsize03
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still can't believe so many of you are getting upset over this.

The statement was made to get under GSP's skin/make GSP look like a punk/further put the CAL on GSP. As an added benefit, it keeps a Jones-Silva fight in your mind without addressing it seriously.

Chill, bros. You're getting trolled.
2/26/13 2:21 AM
Vote me down

This is the MMA version of Pac vs Mayweather... Which means.... They never gonna fight.

2/26/13 2:23 AM
UGCTT_nightkap
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wanna see Silva fight Dammit!!!!!!! Phone Post
2/26/13 2:25 AM
CSWrestler
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh, it'll never happen, but it would be so badass if JBJ actually made that weight healthily.
2/26/13 4:10 AM
DRevan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a feeling that Silva is publicly airing GSPs demands of him.
2/26/13 4:43 AM
athsportsnutrition
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.athsportsnutrition.com
That would be an awesome fight! Phone Post
2/26/13 4:53 AM
iputmightymousesupmyrectum
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

This is just the first time we've heard of it. My guess is that it changes when they get serious.

Exactly this. Phone Post
2/26/13 5:13 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

Jones doesn't even want to fight him, what makes him think he's gonna want to cut to 192? Phone Post
2/26/13 6:01 AM
Tilla

This.

Anderson just doesn't have the balls of a fighter these days.
2/26/13 7:57 AM
hybridfc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is a God. Just look at what he's accomplished in the sport, he is a legit jedi ninja. Asking for 192 is a bit random, but Anderson can do what he wants, he has won SIXTEEN ufc fights in a row. I didnt used to like andy, though he was arrogant and bizarre, until it his me just how incredible his achievements are. Now I respect the fuck out of him. Phone Post
2/26/13 8:44 AM
novaguy

sparkuri - Lol.

Did he fight Bonnar, Griffin, and Irvin at 192 as well ?

Did Fedor say he would fight Hong Man Choi at 238# ? Phone Post
Exactly. He didn't have a problem fighting at lhw before, when he was fighting someone that he was almost guaranteed to beat,but now that he is fighting someone with a reasonable chance of beating him, he doesn't want to do it.

I think part of it is arrogance, where he actually believes he is king, and everyone should come to him, and part of it is fear, and he realizes that his stock could drop dramatically. Phone Post
2/26/13 8:50 AM
gabemadrid
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -

Fun fact:

Fedor is 6'0" with a 74" reach (some say 5'11.5")

Same as DAN HARDY.

Goat.

Yeah he's not a big dude in real life. Phone Post
2/26/13 8:54 AM
eljamaiquino

novaguy -
sparkuri - Lol.

Exactly. He didn't have a problem fighting at lhw before, when he was fighting someone that he was almost guaranteed to beat,but now that he is fighting someone with a reasonable chance of beating him, he doesn't want to do it.

I think part of it is arrogance, where he actually believes he is king, and everyone should come to him, and part of it is fear, and he realizes that his stock could drop dramatically. Phone Post
Fedor was a hw already. With Machida and little Nog already at 205, Silva doesn't want to screw them over by possibly taking 205 over .... Phone Post
2/26/13 9:20 AM
Aaron Becker

how is this a fair weight?
2/26/13 9:23 AM
Phisher

eljamaiquino - 
novaguy -
sparkuri - Lol.

Fedor was a hw already. With Machida and little Nog already at 205, Silva doesn't want to screw them over by possibly taking 205 over .... Phone Post

This is a fucking silly excuse. If he beats Jones, he can vacate the belt and move back to 185 full time. Nobody is going to force him to fight at 205 and screw his friends out of possible title shot.

2/26/13 9:58 AM
LyotoBundy
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like Ed speaking, not Andy. I reckon 200lbs is fair. Phone Post
2/26/13 10:30 AM
awesomestprime
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand why Silva wants him at 192. That's probably Silva's best weight to fight at honestly. It's also going to be very very difficult for Jones to get there.

My problem with Silva asking for any "special treatment", catch weights, or anything other then big money for a super fight is he's the one asking for the fights. He's the one who doesn't have big paydays at his weight. He's the one who's cleaned the division out and at the end of his career. Not GSP or Jones. Silva is the one who wants these mega fights.

So he's the one who should have to make the changes. Not Jones or GSP. If someone was at a different weight always talking about wanting to fight Silva they'd need to get to 185.

He can ask for all this stuff. But it's not on Jones and GSP to give Silva what he's asking for. If Anderson wants a mega fight he's gonna have to go get it, not ask someone to come to him.

He's seeming more and more like a prima donna the longer the talks about these super fights go.

I'd love to see GSP go up or Jones go down and make this happen, but if I was their manager I'd fight like hell to talk them out of it. Neither guy needs Anderson right now. Anderson needs them.

The other factor is GSP and Jones (especially GSP) will need everything advantage they can get to beat him. Anderson is a killer. You don't go out of your way to fight that guy. You make him come to you.
2/26/13 10:48 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's next? He will fight Cain at 207 lbs? Phone Post
2/26/13 11:04 AM
meekie01

I often wonder why silva gets so much hate... is it that he doesnt entertain enough and people dont like his style of fighting? Is it that he has offended these people some how? Are they mad that he doesnt have a loss in hos ufc career so far? Is it that these people like to make out that hes scared and avoids competitors when hes never officially turned down a fight in the ufc? Or are these people just hating on the best mixed martial arts fighter to ever grace the octagon???

I remember a couple of years ago reading how anderson was scared of gsp etc etc etc... then it tirns out dana wanted him to fight gsp. Anderson agreed and all of a sudden hes a bully... lol if he wants a catchweight then whats wrong with that? Its only like jones not wanting to step up for cormier or gsp for silva... but wait... thats different right? Phone Post
2/26/13 11:21 AM
Lobo8

Anderson likes to troll the media. He is very interested in making these super fights happen. He wants this fight because it will get him payed big time. But he isnt an idiot, he wont go fight someone in their own weight class where they have a huge advantage over him. He wants it to ve even. They should meet in the middle where its fair for both. I think 198-200 is a reasonable catch weight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.