UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva willing to meet JBJ at 192 lbs

2/26/13 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

Fun fact:

Fedor is 6'0" with a 74" reach (some say 5'11.5")

Same as DAN HARDY.

Goat.

Fun fact:

Anderson Silva is 6'2" with a 77" reach.

2" SHORTER WITH 3" LESS REACH THAN COREY HILL.

Goat.

2/26/13 11:45 AM
sparkuri
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that broken leg of Corey hill took him out of the goat discussion. Phone Post
2/26/13 11:49 AM
orcus

sparkuri -  I think that broken leg of Corey hill took him out of the goat discussion. Phone Post

But Dan Hardy is still in it?

2/26/13 12:04 PM
SQUEEZIE

RobinVanRooney - 
sparkuri -
RobinVanRooney - 
sparkuri -
ManWithTheIronFists - 
sparkuri -  Lol.

Did he fight Bonnar, Griffin, and Irvin at 192 as well ?

Did Fedor say he would fight Hong Man Choi at 238# ? Phone Post

lol HMC sucks and he fucked Fedor's face up before he got armbarred, Cro Cop beat him way easier.

lol

another 12'r who missed the point

Why don't you explain for the third fucking time then? Phone Post

OK

Wah ???

I just di.....

OHHHHHHHHH....

I was comparing the situation, not the fighters. I doesn't matter what you believe about HMC, or the other 2 posters, because the fact is, he was a gigantic, dangerous, skilled man. And Fedor did it, although it wasn't easy.

And as far as Forrest and Bonnar, Andy took out those two TUF 2005 gatekeepers and asked for no one to change at weights. Same with Irvin. He's choosing wisely and using his power. He's protecting his legacy, because he actually cares about it.

To be honest, this is so stupid I'm not sure it's even true. The world has wanted to see Jones/Silva for years, but Silva will never fight him because it is a far too dangerous fight.

The world has seen what happens to a man's stock when he is late in his career and takes risky fights, and Anderson has been watching. Do you know how long it took Anderson to recover his stock from his losses ?

The money involved, well, it's a lot.

Ok.

HMC was not a dangerous opponent at all he has never beaten a top 50 fighter and was brought in to lose.... Please show me his MMA record?

As far as we are concerned Silva is a 185lb fighter and fought at 170lb in the past so him going up to 205 is a fucking treat who ever he fights, please name another champion who's doing this?

Didn't Forrest once own a title? With wins over Shogun and Rampage you know the pride superstars?

Silva is the greatest we will ever see that's not a opinion it is a fact. Phone Post

learn what a fact is.that is your opinion.tel him to fight jbj at a weight he has fought at and dominated before then maybe your opinion would be stronger.
2/26/13 12:12 PM
SQUEEZIE

jsize03 - This comment has absolutely nothing to do with Jones, and everything to do with GSP.

Silva won't go to 170. GSP doesn't seem to want to go to 185. There has been a lot of talk about a catchweight. Anderson offered to fight at 177 last October.

Hmmm.....177 is 7 lbs more than 170. 192 is 7 lbs more than 185. What a coincidence!! Anderson is telling GSP: "I'll go up 7 lbs to fight the champ, why won't you?"

Anderson is playing chess. You're all playing checkers.

gsp should ask him why he wont meet that champ in the middle as well
2/26/13 12:14 PM
Phisher

orcus - 
sparkuri -  I think that broken leg of Corey hill took him out of the goat discussion. Phone Post

But Dan Hardy is still in it?

A dyed mohawk will put you in that discussion.

2/26/13 12:24 PM
SQUEEZIE

eljamaiquino - 
novaguy -
sparkuri - Lol.

Exactly. He didn't have a problem fighting at lhw before, when he was fighting someone that he was almost guaranteed to beat,but now that he is fighting someone with a reasonable chance of beating him, he doesn't want to do it.

I think part of it is arrogance, where he actually believes he is king, and everyone should come to him, and part of it is fear, and he realizes that his stock could drop dramatically. Phone Post
Fedor was a hw already. With Machida and little Nog already at 205, Silva doesn't want to screw them over by possibly taking 205 over .... Phone Post

this by far is the lamest excuse of the million he has for not fighting jbj at 205!
2/26/13 12:34 PM
awesomestprime
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE - 
eljamaiquino - 
novaguy -
sparkuri - Lol.

Exactly. He didn't have a problem fighting at lhw before, when he was fighting someone that he was almost guaranteed to beat,but now that he is fighting someone with a reasonable chance of beating him, he doesn't want to do it.

I think part of it is arrogance, where he actually believes he is king, and everyone should come to him, and part of it is fear, and he realizes that his stock could drop dramatically. Phone Post
Fedor was a hw already. With Machida and little Nog already at 205, Silva doesn't want to screw them over by possibly taking 205 over .... Phone Post

this by far is the lamest excuse of the million he has for not fighting jbj at 205!

Lame is a good word for it.

If Silva doesn't want to "screw over" Machida or Lil Nog he should just STFU about fighting him. Or take the 205 belt then vacate it.... Just because you take a belt doesn't mean you have to defend it.

Common sense is common sense
2/26/13 12:42 PM
SQUEEZIE

meekie01 -  I often wonder why silva gets so much hate... is it that he doesnt entertain enough and people dont like his style of fighting? Is it that he has offended these people some how? Are they mad that he doesnt have a loss in hos ufc career so far? Is it that these people like to make out that hes scared and avoids competitors when hes never officially turned down a fight in the ufc? Or are these people just hating on the best mixed martial arts fighter to ever grace the octagon???

I remember a couple of years ago reading how anderson was scared of gsp etc etc etc... then it tirns out dana wanted him to fight gsp. Anderson agreed and all of a sudden hes a bully... lol if he wants a catchweight then whats wrong with that? Its only like jones not wanting to step up for cormier or gsp for silva... but wait... thats different right? Phone Post

personally i think its because his division is sub-par compared to most the others and the guys in that division are not as well rounded or as dominate as guys in most other divisions.there is not nearly as many threats at 185 as there is other divisions...out of the 16 ufc fights i only felt maybe 6 of those guys ever belonged in there with him.we get mad because we want to see the best challenge them self. if there is nothing left for you to do then just go away.
to me the list of people jbj smashed already far exceeds andy's.
2/26/13 1:18 PM
Pesadelo_Triangulo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let Dana get Mike Dolce' to help Jones safely make 192. Isn't that how it works? ***side eye***
2/26/13 2:13 PM
jsize03
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE - 
jsize03 - This comment has absolutely nothing to do with Jones, and everything to do with GSP.

Silva won't go to 170. GSP doesn't seem to want to go to 185. There has been a lot of talk about a catchweight. Anderson offered to fight at 177 last October.

Hmmm.....177 is 7 lbs more than 170. 192 is 7 lbs more than 185. What a coincidence!! Anderson is telling GSP: "I'll go up 7 lbs to fight the champ, why won't you?"

LMAO. You don't get it! That's what Silva wants. It's bait. Like I said....chess, not checkers. Gotta think one step ahead. Let me break it down for you.

AS: I'll go up 7lbs to fight the champ. Why won't you?
GSP: Why won't you meet the champ in the middle?
AS: OK, I will. So will you fight me in the middle too? (177.5lbs)
GSP: -_______-
2/26/13 2:14 PM
jsize03
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Threads like these make me question the UG's sanity and mental capabilities.

YOU ARE ALL GETTING TROLLED.
2/26/13 2:18 PM
ABE FROMAN

People acting like 185 is so weak are living in 2005.

Fact is, NOBODY at any other weight class can go in and sweep up at Middleweight. If they could they would. Fighters DROP from Middleweight now and not just because of Anderson.

Shields beat Hendo, how long did he last at 85?

Where's Rich Franklin now? Where's Chael now?

Middleweight being weak is just an oft repeated forum thing that nobody has been able to capitalize on.

2/26/13 2:32 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jsize03 -
SQUEEZIE - 

LMAO. You don't get it! That's what Silva wants. It's bait. Like I said....chess, not checkers. Gotta think one step ahead. Let me break it down for you.

Too bad anderson already tipped his hand by saying he can make 170....oops.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to gsp because he's not the draw and he's the one asking for the fight. Anderson will go on complaining about fighting weidman and pull 200k in ppv buys while gsp will be doing 700k plus against anyone in the division.

But none of it really matters because it's all just silva acting like a diva anyway. He will never fight gsp or jones because he knows he'll lose if he goes to either of their weightclasses and instead will continue throwing out stupid shit like unrealistic catch-weights and hypotheticals of dropping to ww. Phone Post
2/26/13 3:28 PM
SQUEEZIE

jsize03 - 
SQUEEZIE - 

Gsp: ill believe it when i see it.then ill consider it.because ill have even less excuses and look real scared if i don't.

tell me this.why would andy go through all this dumb shit? why not just say un-like gsp ill meet john in the middle if the ufc wants me to fight him.gsp doesnt want to meet me in the middle but i will meet either guy rt in the middle.that is reasonable understandable.then both guys have a option.to do so or not.and thats that.

gsp thinks he is the best fighter 170 or below and many feel the same.i dont think he has the same confidence at a higher class yet.where as many feel andy is the best period.and he has fought in that weight class.so lets find out if he is the best at 205 and under.

1. gsp does not want that fight and there is at least 3 people for him to face in his division.

2 .the majority of people give gsp no chance vs andy,those same people think he will beat jbj easy as well.

3.so what fight do u want to see more? if i have chose its def silva vs jbj at 195-205.

2/26/13 3:38 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spartan 117 Master Chief -
Glovegate -

If I were Jones I'd accept then cut to 215 and stop there.

Fucking LOL @ 192.   It's not even half way between their divisions.

Anderson apparently never wanting to fight who the UFC says, GSP flat out denying Hendricks, Aldo flat out refusing Pettis a title shot, Ronda doing a 180 on saying she would fight Cyborg after she won the belt...

What the FUCK is happening to this sport?

We all miss chuck Liddell right about now Phone Post
They aren't fighters anymore they are athletes cashing in Phone Post
2/26/13 3:41 PM
SQUEEZIE

jsize03 - 
SQUEEZIE - 

another thing andy said he can fight at various weights well and could make 170.so make 170 and fight if u want to so bad.he knows jbj would struggle far to much to get below 200-196.so what does that say about this goat.
2/26/13 4:01 PM
Rhys91
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's fought at 205 3 times but doesn't want Jones at 205.What the hell? Phone Post
2/26/13 4:13 PM
SQUEEZIE

ABE FROMAN - 

Fact is, NOBODY at any other weight class can go in and sweep up at Middleweight. If they could they would. Fighters DROP from Middleweight now and not just because of Anderson.

Middleweight being weak is just an oft repeated forum thing that nobody has been able to capitalize on.

chael and rich would still be top 10-15 at mw.they are probably not even top 20 at lhw rt now.
and mma math doesnt work.because jake got blasted by ellenburger and arguably lost to martin his first fight back before losing to gsp.his only decisive win is at mw and he beat herman at mw also but it got overturned.he is 2-0 at mw and 1-2(0-3) at ww.
2/26/13 4:17 PM
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Catchweight makes sense, just meet in the middle. If Jones can't do it, then fine, move on. I think that he can make it.
2/26/13 4:19 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 02/26/13 4:20 PM
SQUEEZIE - 
ABE FROMAN - 

chael and rich would still be top 10-15 at mw.they are probably not even top 20 at lhw rt now.
and mma math doesnt work.because jake got blasted by ellenburger and arguably lost to martin his first fight back before losing to gsp.his only decisive win is at mw and he beat herman at mw also but it got overturned.he is 2-0 at mw and 1-2(0-3) at ww.

You say MMA math doesn't work but common sense does.

Certain forum people keep saying Middleweight is weak but all they have are excuses when it comes to why nobody from other divisions will come to rule it.

Most everybody at Welterweight weighs 185 or better yet nobody ever comes up. Robbie Lawler just went down and destroyed one of the best at 170.

It's an outright lie. Middleweight is one of the best divisions right now, until Rashad or someone else proves otherwise....which they won't.

2/26/13 4:30 PM
New Leaf 1.0

ABE FROMAN - 

They can't even find a worthy challenger for the champ. Franklin and Sonnen left because they couldn't beat one specific guy, which limited the fights in the division for them. There's little if any interest in seeing either of them agains AS again, so there's not much for them at MW. Same with Hendo. Shields left 185 undefeated.
2/26/13 4:33 PM
New Leaf 1.0

ABE FROMAN - 
SQUEEZIE - 
ABE FROMAN - 

You say MMA math doesn't work but common sense does.

Certain forum people keep saying Middleweight is weak but all they have are excuses when it comes to why nobody from other divisions will come to rule it.

Most everybody at Welterweight weighs 185 or better yet nobody ever comes up. Robbie Lawler just went down and destroyed one of the best at 170.

It's an outright lie. Middleweight is one of the best divisions right now, until Rashad or someone else proves otherwise....which they won't.

No shit, guys rarely go up in general, they go down and TONS of fighters have gone down to 185 from 205.
2/26/13 4:33 PM
stonepony

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
dannyapodaca -  Dana won't allow catch weight fights for champions. Or was that just the rule for rousey Phone Post

He'd 100% allow a CW fight between JBJ and Silva or GSP and Silva.  He's just protecting Rousey.

There is nobody for RR to fight outside of 135lbs.
2/26/13 4:35 PM
ABE FROMAN

New Leaf 1.0 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

They can't even find a worthy challenger for the champ. Franklin and Sonnen left because they couldn't beat one specific guy, which limited the fights in the division for them. There's little if any interest in seeing either of them agains AS again, so there's not much for them at MW. Same with Hendo. Shields left 185 undefeated.

Are you kidding? A lot of people think Bisping beat Chael, what makes you think Weidman or someone similar wouldn't do the same?

Franklin just got KO'd by Cung Le, did you know that?

Hendo lost to Shields who was coming up from 170.

Shields's fights in the UFC were lackluster and he ended up getting busted for roids trying to compete at Middleweight.

Anything else?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.