UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva willing to meet JBJ at 192 lbs

2/26/13 4:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
dannyapodaca -  Dana won't allow catch weight fights for champions. Or was that just the rule for rousey Phone Post

He'd 100% allow a CW fight between JBJ and Silva or GSP and Silva.  He's just protecting Rousey.

There is nobody for RR to fight outside of 135lbs.
2/26/13 4:35 PM
ABE FROMAN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New Leaf 1.0 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

People acting like 185 is so weak are living in 2005.

Fact is, NOBODY at any other weight class can go in and sweep up at Middleweight. If they could they would. Fighters DROP from Middleweight now and not just because of Anderson.

Shields beat Hendo, how long did he last at 85?

Where's Rich Franklin now? Where's Chael now?

Middleweight being weak is just an oft repeated forum thing that nobody has been able to capitalize on.

They can't even find a worthy challenger for the champ. Franklin and Sonnen left because they couldn't beat one specific guy, which limited the fights in the division for them. There's little if any interest in seeing either of them agains AS again, so there's not much for them at MW. Same with Hendo. Shields left 185 undefeated.

Are you kidding? A lot of people think Bisping beat Chael, what makes you think Weidman or someone similar wouldn't do the same?

Franklin just got KO'd by Cung Le, did you know that?

Hendo lost to Shields who was coming up from 170.

Shields's fights in the UFC were lackluster and he ended up getting busted for roids trying to compete at Middleweight.

Anything else?

2/26/13 5:18 PM
jsize03
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE - 
jsize03 - 
SQUEEZIE - 
jsize03 - This comment has absolutely nothing to do with Jones, and everything to do with GSP.

Silva won't go to 170. GSP doesn't seem to want to go to 185. There has been a lot of talk about a catchweight. Anderson offered to fight at 177 last October.

Hmmm.....177 is 7 lbs more than 170. 192 is 7 lbs more than 185. What a coincidence!! Anderson is telling GSP: "I'll go up 7 lbs to fight the champ, why won't you?"

Anderson is playing chess. You're all playing checkers.

gsp should ask him why he wont meet that champ in the middle as well

LMAO. You don't get it! That's what Silva wants. It's bait. Like I said....chess, not checkers. Gotta think one step ahead. Let me break it down for you.

AS: I'll go up 7lbs to fight the champ. Why won't you?
GSP: Why won't you meet the champ in the middle?
AS: OK, I will. So will you fight me in the middle too? (177.5lbs)
GSP: -_______-

another thing andy said he can fight at various weights well and could make 170.so make 170 and fight if u want to so bad.he knows jbj would struggle far to much to get below 200-196.so what does that say about this goat.

Let's not kid ourselves. AS says a lot of things to mess with people/media. He hasn't fought at 170 in over 7 years. He's NOT making 170.

I'm always puzzled when ppl act like GSP gets to call the shots just because he draws more PPV buys. The numbers aren't so extreme that it'd make a valid argument. On top of that, Silva jumped in to save a PPV and between GSP and Silva...only 1 has ever lost in the Octagon. Acting like GSP gets to call the shots because he gets 200K more PPV buys is a joke.

Plus, There are currently 2 "super fights" that fans want to see. Both involve Anderson. Jones isn't coming down to 185. So....you really want Anderson to cut to 170, then jump back up to 205? Get real.

2/26/13 6:08 PM
orcus

sparkuri - 
orcus - 

I hope none of the people who say Jones would die trying to make 192 aren't the same ones always bleating about how Anderson is "really" 220lb. 

Are you saying he doesn't walk around at 220+ ?

Have you met the man ?

Hung out with him ?

If you believe Anderson's walking weight in the 220s is anything like Jones' walking weight in the 220s, then presumably you must also think Jones should have zero trouble making 192, since Anderson has never missed 185 and has even come in as low as 182.

2/26/13 6:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brotorious balogna smoker -
Jons Forsberg -
Glovegate - 

If I were Jones I'd accept then cut to 215 and stop there.

Fucking LOL @ 192.   It's not even half way between their divisions.

Anderson apparently never wanting to fight who the UFC says, GSP flat out denying Hendricks, Aldo flat out refusing Pettis a title shot, Ronda doing a 180 on saying she would fight Cyborg after she won the belt...

What the FUCK is happening to this sport?

this is happening:

Too true Phone Post
Nobody in the UFC is fighting for Mayweather money. Not even close. Say what you want about Floyd, boxing is a free for all and you can fight basically whoever the fuck you want once you reach a certain level. Look at who Floyd chose to fight....
Hatton when undefeated
Corrales when undefeated
Cotto at 154lbs
JMM after nearly 2 years off

The list goes on Phone Post
2/26/13 8:10 PM
mikethecricket
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe anyone wants to see Silva/GSP. GSP n.e.v.e.r. finishes fights and JBJ a.l.w.a.y.s finishes, as does Silva.

Does not everyone want to see the 2 best FINISHERS go at it?

Who gives a fuck about GSP? Probably the best chance to have a boring Silva fight is have him fight GSP.
2/26/13 9:28 PM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
ChaosOverkill - 

7 up from MW and 13 down from 205? Seems strange

I agree.  If that's as high as he's willing to go, then it's as good as him saying he doesn't want the fight.  Jon isn't getting down to 192.

yup.

ironic, since AS has routinely fought at LHW already....

if he would just say he doesn't want to fight, then i wouldn;t care and respect that.....but this excuse?! nah....
2/26/13 10:55 PM
orcus

"ironic, since AS has routinely fought at LHW already...."

"Routinely"?

2/26/13 11:15 PM
UGSlapshot

ManWithTheIronFists -
sparkuri - 
RobinVanRooney - 
sparkuri -
ManWithTheIronFists - 
sparkuri -  Lol.

Did he fight Bonnar, Griffin, and Irvin at 192 as well ?

Did Fedor say he would fight Hong Man Choi at 238# ? Phone Post

lol HMC sucks and he fucked Fedor's face up before he got armbarred, Cro Cop beat him way easier.

lol

another 12'r who missed the point

Why don't you explain for the third fucking time then? Phone Post

OK

Wah ???

I just di.....

OHHHHHHHHH....

I was comparing the situation, not the fighters. I doesn't matter what you believe about HMC, or the other 2 posters, because the fact is, he was a gigantic, dangerous, skilled man. And Fedor did it, although it wasn't easy.

And as far as Forrest and Bonnar, Andy took out those two TUF 2005 gatekeepers and asked for no one to change at weights. Same with Irvin. He's choosing wisely and using his power. He's protecting his legacy, because he actually cares about it.

To be honest, this is so stupid I'm not sure it's even true. The world has wanted to see Jones/Silva for years, but Silva will never fight him because it is a far too dangerous fight.

The world has seen what happens to a man's stock when he is late in his career and takes risky fights, and Anderson has been watching. Do you know how long it took Anderson to recover his stock from his losses ?

The money involved, well, it's a lot.

Listen buddy, I know what you were trying to say, but how you going to use HMC? Sure he was big, but he hasn't done shit in MMA. ABSOLUTE SHIT. He can't even be compared to the same quality of a Bonnar or Griffin, NOT EVEN IRVIN. So don't act like you're some smart ass calling me a 12'r when infact you're probably the idiot who's 12.
LOL. Phone Post
2/26/13 11:17 PM
sparkuri

orcus - 
sparkuri - 
orcus - 

I hope none of the people who say Jones would die trying to make 192 aren't the same ones always bleating about how Anderson is "really" 220lb. 

Are you saying he doesn't walk around at 220+ ?

Have you met the man ?

Hung out with him ?

If you believe Anderson's walking weight in the 220s is anything like Jones' walking weight in the 220s, then presumably you must also think Jones should have zero trouble making 192, since Anderson has never missed 185 and has even come in as low as 182.

I Read your first post.

Then read your second.

2/26/13 11:23 PM
orcus

Not sure what is confusing you. Is it that I used a double negative in the first post? Here's the correction: "I hope none of the people who say Jones would die trying to make 192 are the same ones always bleating about how Anderson is "really" 220lb. "

2/27/13 1:53 AM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is by far the best troll in mma.
2/27/13 2:20 AM
shatefak

agree

if this is really andersons words then he should fight gsp at 172, because the jones fight is not going to happen at that weight. Phone Post
2/27/13 3:06 AM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can't even meet Jones half way? Anderson has a knack for making himself look bad with this stuff he puts out there.
2/27/13 8:11 AM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

"Routinely"?

maybe "routinely" has a poor choice of words, but AS has fought 3 times successfully at LHW since he won the UFC MW title, and his most recent bout has been at LHW.
2/27/13 8:50 AM
awesomestprime
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

303 - I am sorry but the UFC would be foolish to not allow this fight to happen. If it means they have to break, or ammend their contract with the fighters they need to do so. I have followed this sport since the beginning we always wanted the top guys from all organizations fight. Sak vs Rickson, Wand vs Chuck. etc. This is the chance to make the first SUPER fight. If they have to offer these guys 3 million each and a PPV share do it. Then the great part is, whoever loses WILL get a rematch. They need to make a deal so crazy they have to take it.

Can't believe I missed this one.... This is how I FEEL about it. But not how I THINK about it. I'll be honest. I don't buy UFC PPV's anymore. I've missed a couple great fights, but I'm ok with that. I WOULD NOT miss this fight though. NO WAY. I'd pay 100 dollars to get it no doubt. It's the only thing the UFC could do that would make it an "event in my life" right now.

Sadly, I think the UFC won't make it happen "by any means necessary" because they don't "need to". Just listen to how many people on here think it's "unfair" for Silva to go up and fight him.

I hope I'm wrong about that. I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Dana, if you're reading this....

I don't buy PPV's anymore. The last one I bought had Chuck Wandy on it I think? But I would pay 100 dollars to see Silva and Jones fight. It would be the first PPV my 10 year old son watched. This is a chance to truly make history. Remember Wandy Chuck back in the day? Remember the Fedor deal you couldn't get done? When Tito and BJ walked out to announce their returns?

This would eclipse ALL OF THAT. This is the biggest fight in the history of the sport. If Anderson will do MAKE IT HAPPEN... PLEASE!!!
2/27/13 10:49 AM
orcus

BshMstr - 
orcus - 

"Routinely"?

maybe "routinely" has a poor choice of words, but AS has fought 3 times successfully at LHW since he won the UFC MW title, and his most recent bout has been at LHW.

Yes, but that's 3 fights in a 37 fight career. And two of those fights were 4 and 5 years ago. Also, two of them were short-notice fights expressly to help the UFC out (first to throw together a card to counter Affliction, most recent to save the Rio card). That leaves the Forrest fight as the only one that could be said to be Anderson actually "wanting" to fight at LHW, and it was 4 years until his next fight at that weight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.