UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ronda Rousey offered role in Hunger Games movie

2/26/13 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/26/13 10:36 AM

via Dave Metlzer 

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/112-wrestling-observer/29970-free-today-feb-26-wrestling-observer-radio-bryan-alvarez-and-dave-meltzer-talk-raw-from-monday-big-wrestlemania-matches-set-vince-flips-his-lid-cyclon-negro-rousey-buyrate-estimates-from-saturday-aldo-vs-pettis-tons-more

(UFC 157 did) Over 400,000....they're absolutely thrilled. The show, it was...they had predicted 250. Budgeted 250, I shouldn't say predicted. But I mean, the predictions internally were 250-300. So they blew away their predictions, big time. It's..uh..yeah..it's not as big as I've seen some numbers floating around, it wasn't THAT big, but if you think about what all things considered it was enormous. It was a huge success. Actually, the reality is that it was probably...there was a very good chance that the promotion of Rousey was TOO successful because she's been offered a role in the next...whatever it is...the next Hunger Games movie that they're going to film. And once that happens it's like...you know, who knows? She's making a lot of money fighting, I don't know what those numbers are going to be when they come out when they're released. But she's making a ton of money. They signed her to a hell of a contract because they really did believe...not necessarily that she'd be this giant PPV draw, but in other ways she'd be incredibly valuable to the company. And so far she has turned out to be more valuable than they expected.

2/26/13 10:42 AM
Jits_n_Hoez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for Honda. She fights good. Phone Post
2/26/13 10:43 AM
Odinson
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for some reason i thought game of thrones. got mad excited. now i keep think how much better of an asha she would make, all dirty and salty. mmmm i'll be back
2/26/13 10:48 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Odinson - for some reason i thought game of thrones. got mad excited. now i keep think how much better of an asha she would make, all dirty and salty. mmmm i'll be back

I doubt she is being offered speaking roles. She's most likely being offered the same kind of roles her uncle Gene has been playing for half a century (scary bad guy who gets whooped by the hero).
2/26/13 10:52 AM
Alabamaman
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gene is Ronda's Uncle? I didn't know that. Is he her Great Uncle? 

2/26/13 10:55 AM
vaginal tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alabamaman -

Yes. And uncle Dana is everybody's uncle. Phone Post
2/26/13 10:58 AM
Alabamaman
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear - 
Alabamaman -

Yes. And uncle Dana is everybody's uncle. Phone Post

Must be nice to have LeBell Judo genes. No wonder she's so damn good. 

2/26/13 11:19 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alabamaman - 

He's not actually her uncle, but she does refer to him uncle Gene.
2/26/13 11:48 AM
Quickash1t

Umm I was under the impression that was speaking hypothetically. As in they didn't want to over promote her so that some director just came along and offered a job in a movie. But I may have read it wrong.
2/26/13 12:03 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched the first Hunger Games the other day, was pleasantly surprised. Thought it was going to be terrible.
2/26/13 12:06 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She'd need a really good deal to make more money off movies than fighting right? Based on what Rampage said about it Phone Post
2/26/13 12:29 PM
HexRei

RyannVonReemjob -  Ugh bad battle royal/running man rip off... But she'll get paid for it. Good for her. Phone Post

I personally think its a pretty decent take. Battle Royale was too over the top violent to be anything but cult classic and The Running Man (movie, not book) is too campy.

The Hunger Games (movie at least, never read the books) did a good job putting the themes into a context where it could succeed in the mainstream.
2/26/13 12:35 PM
bjws

RyannVonReemjob -  Ugh bad battle royal/running man rip off... But she'll get paid for it. Good for her. Phone Post

I hope you are talking about the battle royale book because the movie was horrible. Hunger Games is the much better movie. That said, Hunger Games is a rip off of the idea that Takami created.
2/26/13 12:39 PM
Crooklyn
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  She'd need a really good deal to make more money off movies than fighting right? Based on what Rampage said about it Phone Post

Rampage was in a movie that they weren't sure was going to be a success. Hunger Games is a hugely successful movie that's raked in hundreds of millions worldwide. Ronda isn't just some MMA dude that only MMA fans know about. She's transcended that both with her massive media coverage and with her stint in the Olympics. When she decides to do movies, it will be carefully selected roles, and win or fail, she'll make great money.

2/26/13 12:47 PM
hubris
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she snaps arms in Hunger Games it would make the series worth watching
2/26/13 12:48 PM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We're gonna need to replace Anderson Silva money with Ronda Rousey money. Phone Post
2/26/13 12:49 PM
steve85uk

Rounds loves fighting, she won't give it up Phone Post
2/26/13 12:49 PM
steve85uk

Ronda* Phone Post
2/26/13 12:53 PM
vaginal tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

steve85uk - Rounds loves fighting, she won't give it up Phone Post
She doesn't love the press that comes w it. Phone Post
2/26/13 1:02 PM
LayzieTheSavage
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Videographer
Steve4192 -
Odinson - for some reason i thought game of thrones. got mad excited. now i keep think how much better of an asha she would make, all dirty and salty. mmmm i'll be back

I doubt she is being offered speaking roles. She's most likely being offered the same kind of roles her uncle Gene has been playing for half a century (scary bad guy who gets whooped by the hero).
You're wrong Phone Post
2/26/13 1:03 PM
LayzieTheSavage
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Videographer
steve85uk - Rounds loves fighting, she won't give it up Phone Post
You're right. Phone Post
2/26/13 1:04 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at Ronda acting. She should stick to fighting. 

2/26/13 1:14 PM
3 Sided Square
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think she can win.
2/26/13 4:36 PM
vaginal tear

How about Rhonda as the new commando? Phone Post
2/26/13 4:41 PM
likatiga
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I call bullshit. they've just finished filming "the next hunger games". Are going back for a week of re-shoots or so, but no new casting.

Sorry to be a downer, but this is not true.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.