UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: Wand has 'suspect chin'

2/27/13 10:57 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Is this the end for mixed martial arts (MMA) legend Wanderlei Silva? It could be, according to top middleweight and light heavyweight contender Chael Sonnen (via UFC Tonight), who's no stranger to Silva bashing, once calling him a "stupid immigrant" and a "walking punchline."

"Wanderlei has kind of been at end of the career for a while now. He loves this sport. He is very sincere when he says he loves to fight, he loves to train and he loves to compete. The problem is he isn't winning a lot of fights. If he gets knocked out one more time, I suspect that will be the end of the road. Brian Stann has the ability to knock him out. Wanderlei has the same ability and can definitely win this fight. But he really needs it and Brian doesn't. Wanderlei's heart is big, but his chin is more suspect than Blade Runner. Brian Stann, the All-American, KO's him in the first round."

read entire article...

2/27/13 10:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah well Sonnen has suspect character...

2/27/13 10:58 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And there was me thinking Chael would pick a Brazilian to beat an American Phone Post
2/27/13 11:00 AM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Chael, but it was fucking hilarious when Wand made him his daddy in that car ride they took together years ago. Wand told him he better stop talking shit about Brazil and Chael totally backed down.

2/27/13 12:35 PM
genDAV
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chael dropping some skin-job blade runner references. nice
2/27/13 12:56 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bryanand - I like Chael, but it was fucking hilarious when Wand made him his daddy in that car ride they took together years ago. Wand told him he better stop talking shit about Brazil and Chael totally backed down.

You realize Chael isn't serious when he's talking about Brazil, right? Phone Post
2/27/13 1:11 PM
HandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well duh.
If stann is fighting anyone that can't hold him down, the chances of him winning by KO are pretty high. The chance of winning sky rockets once you factor in the possible "suspect chin" his opponent may have.

I know BLAF doesn't want him fighting anymore so if he can beat Stann, it proves him wrong. On the other hand, Stann even crushed leben who prides himself in his ability to take punches. It doesn't look good for Wandy.. Phone Post
2/27/13 1:19 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

genDAV - chael dropping some skin-job blade runner references. nice

he's not talking about the (awesome) film, he's talking about the prosthetic runner guy
2/27/13 1:24 PM
XcessiveZ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bryanand - I like Chael, but it was fucking hilarious when Wand made him his daddy in that car ride they took together years ago. Wand told him he better stop talking shit about Brazil and Chael totally backed down.

Not this shit again. Phone Post
2/27/13 1:27 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bryanand - I like Chael, but it was fucking hilarious when Wand made him his daddy in that car ride they took together years ago. Wand told him he better stop talking shit about Brazil and Chael totally backed down.

Yeah that was kind of golden....

Nonetheless brazilians in general need to lighten up a bit and develop a sense of humor. There somewhat serious with this whole pride thing that it sometimes borders on being silly.

With Sonnen most of the disrespect stuff is all an act. If people have problems seeing that i really do think they should reexamine there personality skills a little bit.

As for the comment, unfortunately he is right. I still think it will be a great fight. I honestly hope Wandie will not get KO'ed because the end might then come mightly close. I really do not see Wandie winning this either. So  i hope the slug it out in the first,Wandie will be able to absorb most of the shots on Stann account and vice versa and Stann takes him down later in the fight and takes the fight by ground and pound.

Wandie will still be a legend regardless of the outcome but Chael is telling it like it is.

2/27/13 1:57 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/27/13 3:18 PM
DoomFarmer
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If by some miracle Wand wins this fight in a classic fashion, he needs to retire. Phone Post
2/27/13 3:32 PM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody loves Wandy, but I don't think Chael is saying anything out of line here.
2/27/13 3:33 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He may, Sonnen, but only due to numerous wars.

When it is all said and done, you'll be a footnote in MMA history, while Wandy goes down as an all-timer and one of the truest fighters ever.

Jones, please target his mouth.
2/27/13 3:51 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - He may, Sonnen, but only due to numerous wars.

When it is all said and done, you'll be a footnote in MMA history, while Wandy goes down as an all-timer and one of the truest fighters ever.

Jones, please target his mouth.
Oh shut up. He isn't talking any trash about Wand here at all. He's giving his honest opinion and evaluation of this fight as an analyst for Fuel. He says a lot of good things about him and he's right Phone Post
2/27/13 3:53 PM
genDAV
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
genDAV - chael dropping some skin-job blade runner references. nice

he's not talking about the (awesome) film, he's talking about the prosthetic runner guy

whoops lol. makes more sense now that that's cleared up
2/27/13 6:22 PM
Smellde Gluve
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/27/13 7:03 PM
KneeToFaceKO

inf0 -

Boom Phone Post
2/27/13 7:04 PM
KneeToFaceKO

inf0 -

Boom Phone Post
2/27/13 7:26 PM
Grantman
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand the love for Wand but people really push their dislike of Chael no matter what he says. Wand does have a suspect chin nowadays because of the numerous wars he has had. Stann has more than enough power to put Wand away.

All Chael did was make a valid point. Regarding the car video, I merely saw it as Chael yessing and kind of brushing off what Wand had to say. He gave him his due and that was that. Many may disagree but at this stage of his career, I feel Chael would own Wand and that is with no disrespect, it just is what it is.
2/27/13 11:28 PM
MMA6053
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Said it a many a time. I far more enjoy Chael in front of a camera than in the octagon. At a pretty average 27-12-1 If I were him I’d give the training and fighting away and just concentrate on the next phase of his career.

Made to commentate this man.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.