UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey earns $90,000 in win over Carmouche

2/27/13 3:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Today the California State Athletic Commission revelead the salaries from last weekend's UFC 157 in Anaheim, CA. The information is publically available and does not include any bonuses for performance, locker room bonuses, or revenue from PPV share that certain athletes may have in their contract. Long time veteran Dan Henderson topped the payroll, earning $250,000 in his defeat to Lyoto Machida.

Rousey's $45,000 to show, $45,000 to win represents the second biggest on the book salary for a women in mixed martial arts. Gina Carano was previously paid $125,000 in her final bout for Strikeforce, a losing effort to Cris 'Cyborg' Santos. It is also rumored that Rousey had negotiated for a percentage of PPV revenue, but that information is usually not disclosed the promotion or the athletes. The salary for each individual athlete is listed below:

Ronda Rousey: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Liz Carmouche: $12,000

Lyoto Machida: $200,000 (no win bonus)
def. Dan Henderson: $250,000

Urijah Faber: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus)
def. Ivan Menjivar: $17,000

Court McGee: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Neer: $16,000

Robbie Lawler: $105,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Koscheck: $78,000

Brendan Schaub: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Lavar Johnson: $29,00

Mike Chiesa: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
def. Anton Kuivanen: $8,000

Dennis Bermudez: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Grice: $8,00

Sam Stout: $52,000 (includes $26,000 win bonus)
def. Caros Fodor: $15,000

Kenny Robertson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Brock Jardine: $8,000

Neil Magny: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Jon Manley: $8,000

Nah-Shon Burrell: $12,500 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
def. Yuri Villefort: $6,550*

read entire article...

UFC officials also handed out $50,000 bonuses to four athletes for 'of the night bonuses to Matt Grice, Dennis Bermudez, Kenny Robertson, and Robbie Lawler.

*Burrell was deducted a percentage of his purse for miss weight, totaling $1500.00 which was given to his opponent, who was most likely expected to make $5000 to show and an additional $5000.00 to win, as is the standard format for lower tier athletes in the UFC.

2/27/13 3:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thevelourfog
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup.
And the moon is a big ball o' cheese. Phone Post
2/27/13 3:46 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she probably earned closer to 500K..and that doesnt take into account sponsorships

2/27/13 3:47 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC officials handed out additional $50,000 UFC 157 bonuses to Lawler ("KO of the Night"), Robertson ("Submission of the Night"), and Bermudez and Grice ("Fight of the Night").
2/27/13 3:48 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I feel bad Carmouche only made 12k.
2/27/13 3:49 PM
BRZ

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

she probably earned closer to 500K..and that doesnt take into account sponsorships

I wonder how much Monster paid Ronda for that head set?

2/27/13 3:55 PM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

not a paid pay day for your UFC debut!

2/27/13 3:55 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

bryanand - UFC officials handed out additional $50,000 UFC 157 bonuses to Lawler ("KO of the Night"), Robertson ("Submission of the Night"), and Bermudez and Grice ("Fight of the Night").
Is that included in the $105K Lawler made? Cuz that's crazy. I want his agent. Phone Post
2/27/13 3:58 PM
kano350chevy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These figures are always a joke, Robbie Lawlor earning more than Rousey? Phone Post
2/27/13 4:00 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saltyballs - Damn I feel bad Carmouche only made 12k.

I'm sure the UFC have take ncare of her and she has gotten more from them than just the $12,000 listed
2/27/13 4:04 PM
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  Carmouche made $12K to be the first woman to fight in the UFC and headline an event. Fkin disgrace.

I love how people on here were saying if she fought well shed get given a house, car, table etc.

And before the zombies come out of the woodwork with the "secret locker room bonus" bulkshit - GTFO.

12 fkin grand...what a joke. Phone Post

Considering she fought a lot harder than both Machida and Henderson, she was vastly underpaid to be in the main event. I'm hoping she got much more that wasn't disclosed to the public. Machida is straight stealing from the company.
2/27/13 4:08 PM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bemsqua -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  Carmouche made $12K to be the first woman to fight in the UFC and headline an event. Fkin disgrace.

I love how people on here were saying if she fought well shed get given a house, car, table etc.

And before the zombies come out of the woodwork with the "secret locker room bonus" bulkshit - GTFO.

Considering she fought a lot harder than both Machida and Henderson, she was vastly underpaid to be in the main event. I'm hoping she got much more that wasn't disclosed to the public. Machida is straight stealing from the company.
This. Expect Carmouche is get a nice check. Phone Post
2/27/13 4:14 PM
Rogans secret stash
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bemsqua -

Phone Post
2/27/13 4:15 PM
UGSlapshot

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - Carmouche made $12K to be the first woman to fight in the UFC and headline an event. Fkin disgrace.

Dana does hand out money that's not reported frequently to fighters.

Liz got more than that by far. Phone Post
2/27/13 4:22 PM
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogans secret stash - 
bemsqua -

Phone Post

that's awesome
2/27/13 4:24 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

If you think that Dana/Zuffa didn't take care of Liz beyond what her contract stipulated I don't know what to tell you.

2/27/13 4:27 PM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - Poor Matt Grice only made $8,00

$58,000.00
2/27/13 4:33 PM
sodigthisbigcrux
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kano350chevy -  These figures are always a joke, Robbie Lawlor earning more than Rousey? Phone Post

It was probably from Robbie's Strikeforce/Showtime contract....

2/27/13 4:33 PM
stevekt
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They better take care of Carmouche above and beyond her reported purse.
She did a ton of interviews and appearances to promote this fight and pushed the champ farther than any other opponent. Phone Post
2/27/13 4:34 PM
slamming

Saltyballs - Damn I feel bad Carmouche only made 12k.

Stop it.
2/27/13 4:35 PM
slamming

kano350chevy -  These figures are always a joke, Robbie Lawlor earning more than Rousey? Phone Post

Congratulations, you know now how misleading these figures are.
2/27/13 4:37 PM
Porkchop74
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He got the KOtn bonus also
2/27/13 5:54 PM
Left kick cemetery
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Internettufguy -  I always find it interesting looking at the payouts for the guys who don't have much confidence in their ability to win. IE Machida and Lawler. It doesn't say much for a fighter's confidence when they have less than half of their pay in the form of a win bonus.

I love Lawler, but my look back now at some of his fights, they were plenty of times or it didn't really seem like he was that into it and would never pull the trigger. He was getting paid basically the same just to show up as if he'd actually won. Phone Post

This might be still on Robbie's strikeforce contract. The strikeforce fighters typically didn't have a win bonus.
2/27/13 6:41 PM
UGCTT_AlexE
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much did she make with her fight with Tate? Anyone know? Phone Post
2/27/13 6:42 PM
fedro
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn one guy got $750 and a TapOut hoodie Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.