UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lombard: "I would love to face Anderson Silva."

2/27/13 7:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Hector Lombard: "I would love to face Anderson Silva."

Man I would love it if Lombard got the title shot over Weidman....

2/27/13 7:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

If he smashes Okami in devastating fashion he might get the shot over Weidman.

Goku would literally have a melt down.

2/27/13 7:18 PM
Porkchop

I would love to watch it.
2/27/13 7:23 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

If he smashes Okami in devastating fashion he might get the shot over Weidman.

Goku would literally have a melt down.

Hard to argue with it in that case Phone Post
2/27/13 7:23 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight will tell us a lot about Lombard and his place in the division. Can't wait! Phone Post
2/27/13 7:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Okami will win, though. Phone Post
2/27/13 7:33 PM
Porkchop

Edited: 02/27/13 7:33 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

If Okami ties up with Lombard he is going for a ride.

Hector's judo skills combined with his height for that class make him especially dangerous for throws. He has an easier time getting his hips under guys for throws.

I have the feeling that it's gonna be a beat down in favour of Lombard.

I think Lombard vs Silva is a massive fight and it would his most dangerous opponent to date.
2/27/13 7:39 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably should have beat the Barbarian in his debut then. Opportunity was there. He didn't make the most of it. He's gonna need another one after Okami also IMO. Phone Post
2/27/13 7:42 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Okami fight is a hard one for me to pick I hope Lombard smashes him. His takedown defense is awesome and that's the only place I see Okami taking it is on the ground i dont know if okami could even keep it there though. him vs silva would be a cool matchup. I may be biased because I like him as a fighter, I had him winning that fight against Tim though too. If he takes it in Lombard brutal style first round I could see them fucking weidman for sure.
2/27/13 7:46 PM
Dmoney35

klabo - Agreed. He's earned it much more than Weidman as well even with the recent loss. Phone Post
lol THIS MAKES ZERO SENSE!!!!

how the fuck does a guy with one win in the UFC deserve it more than someone who is undefeated with multiple wins in the UFC. Phone Post
2/27/13 7:49 PM
orcus

Dmoney35 - 
klabo - Agreed. He's earned it much more than Weidman as well even with the recent loss. Phone Post

how the fuck does a guy with one win in the UFC deserve it more than someone who is undefeated with multiple wins in the UFC. Phone Post

Because he would be a guy with 37 wins as opposed to 9, and a win over Okami is more significant in the eyes of almost everyone than a win over Munoz.

2/27/13 7:49 PM
sparkuri

WOULD FAP Phone Post
2/27/13 7:50 PM
Lazer MMA

Porkchop - I would love to watch it.

2/27/13 7:50 PM
UGCTT_warjimmiller
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being that the Silva Weidman fight isn't booked, I kind of suspect that Weidman will fight Lombard if he wins, for certain #1 contender status Phone Post
2/27/13 7:55 PM
10er
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmoney35 -

This. Weidman has beaten 2 top 5 MW's in recent fights, and he's unbeaten.

A run of Belator can crushing, followed by a loss and 1 UFC win against Paul Harris doesn't warrant a shot before CW. Phone Post
2/27/13 7:59 PM
i got banned

Too short.
2/27/13 8:08 PM
DoomFarmer
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have Lombard fight Weidman.

Problem solved.
2/27/13 8:35 PM
orcus

DoomFarmer - Have Lombard fight Weidman.

Problem solved.

That would be cool.

2/27/13 8:41 PM
bellatroll
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva would win....lets not forget Lombard couldn't handle shlemenko on the feet. Then again shlemenko would beat Anderson no prob Phone Post
2/27/13 8:42 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He ain't getting past Okami Phone Post
2/27/13 8:45 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Porkchop -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Hector's judo skills combined with his height for that class make him especially dangerous for throws. He has an easier time getting his hips under guys for throws.

I think Lombard vs Silva is a massive fight and it would his most dangerous opponent to date.
I agree the styles greatly favor Lombard in this one, but I think Okami is going to be able to just kind of sit around the outside and jab his way to an "Okami" style win. I think it's going to look like his fight with Munoz Phone Post
2/27/13 8:46 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Porkchop -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

I agree the styles greatly favor Lombard in this one, but I think Okami is going to be able to just kind of sit around the outside and jab his way to an "Okami" style win. I think it's going to look like his fight with Munoz Phone Post
Agree Phone Post
2/27/13 8:50 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10er -
Dmoney35 -

This. Weidman has beaten 2 top 5 MW's in recent fights, and he's unbeaten.

A run of Belator can crushing, followed by a loss and 1 UFC win against Paul Harris doesn't warrant a shot before CW. Phone Post
So much this. This isn't boxing, we don't care how many random wins you can string together. This is MMA, we care about who you've beaten, recently.

No logical MMA fan says Lombard "esrns" a title shot over Weidman, regardless of what happens during the Okami fight. Phone Post
2/27/13 10:25 PM
Porkchop

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Porkchop -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Yeah he could very well try to use that strategy.

If he gets KTFO, do you think he gets cut?

I doubt Lombard would get cut if he loses and I don't see him getting finished by Okami of course...

But what about Okami getting released? Is it possible?
2/27/13 10:58 PM
Grouch
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he'll get passed Okami but won't get a title shot over Weidman.

I would rather see Lombard vs. Silva

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.