UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP trains with Lucian Bute

2/28/13 2:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
HossPearson - 
KingOfFighters -
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - Would love to see an actual sparring video. Good article bro.

GSP doesn't spar pro boxers, 4 years ago when a top ranked boxer came into his gym, he refused to spar, just wanted pointers, and for the guy to hold the pads and walk him through it.

IIRC, he was Librado Andrade's sparring partner when he fought Bute for the second time. Phone Post

So you're telling me, Andrade prepared for a bout against another professional boxer, by picking an mma fighter? and a canadian one at that?

They may have been in the same ring, they may have had exercizes together, they may have sparred lightly(love tapping), but I do not for one second believe that GSP has ever truly sparred against him, or any other boxer. MMA sparring is love taps, in boxing you can be ko'd during sparring, or receive a broken nose like I have.

GSP is on the record saying he doesn't like hard sparring, and doesn't belive it benefits his style in any way.

Couple of years ago when I went to Montreal for a UFC event I went to one of the open workouts they had at Tristar.  GSP doesn't spar that light.  I've seen guys who are FAR FAR more timid then he is in standup sparring.   Sure, he isn't the crazy guy in the gym or anything (that would be Menjivar from what I saw down there) but he was still tossing leather and taking it back, nobody was really laying off. 

He wasn't training with a pro boxer that day, but I know that Steve Molitor was in there just doing some light training that day, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was sparring with them on occasion as well.  Just because he isn't training with Pacquaio doesn't mean he won't train with boxers.

2/28/13 2:43 PM
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
KingOfFighters - 
HossPearson - 
KingOfFighters -
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - Would love to see an actual sparring video. Good article bro.

GSP doesn't spar pro boxers, 4 years ago when a top ranked boxer came into his gym, he refused to spar, just wanted pointers, and for the guy to hold the pads and walk him through it.

IIRC, he was Librado Andrade's sparring partner when he fought Bute for the second time. Phone Post

So you're telling me, Andrade prepared for a bout against another professional boxer, by picking an mma fighter? and a canadian one at that?

They may have been in the same ring, they may have had exercizes together, they may have sparred lightly(love tapping), but I do not for one second believe that GSP has ever truly sparred against him, or any other boxer. MMA sparring is love taps, in boxing you can be ko'd during sparring, or receive a broken nose like I have.

GSP is on the record saying he doesn't like hard sparring, and doesn't belive it benefits his style in any way.

Couple of years ago when I went to Montreal for a UFC event I went to one of the open workouts they had at Tristar.  GSP doesn't spar that light.  I've seen guys who are FAR FAR more timid then he is in standup sparring.   Sure, he isn't the crazy guy in the gym or anything (that would be Menjivar from what I saw down there) but he was still tossing leather and taking it back, nobody was really laying off. 

He wasn't training with a pro boxer that day, but I know that Steve Molitor was in there just doing some light training that day, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was sparring with them on occasion as well.  Just because he isn't training with Pacquaio doesn't mean he won't train with boxers.

A couple of years ago I also remember him flying out to Thailand to hit a bunch of pads, he flew half way around the world, for someone to hold his pads. He didn't spar anyone there either.
2/28/13 3:38 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/28/13 3:53 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
ShatsBassoon - 
KingOfFighters - 

I'd need to see proof of that. Sounds exaggerated to me.

He trains with freddie roach correct? Why aren't there any videos of gsp sparring pacqaio? Pacqaio is a very nice humble guy, and is not the sort of character that would try to show up gsp in sparring, yet GSP has no interest in sparring.

The comment is not strange but fact. Find one video of him sparring any boxer, you can't because it doesn't exist.
Maybe there's a reason there are no videos. Georges and his coaches are very careful about people taping his training.

I know for a fact he has sparred with pro boxers. Phone Post
2/28/13 4:24 PM
KingOfFighters

Mike Russell - 
KingOfFighters -
ShatsBassoon - 
KingOfFighters - 

He trains with freddie roach correct? Why aren't there any videos of gsp sparring pacqaio? Pacqaio is a very nice humble guy, and is not the sort of character that would try to show up gsp in sparring, yet GSP has no interest in sparring.

The comment is not strange but fact. Find one video of him sparring any boxer, you can't because it doesn't exist.
Maybe there's a reason there are no videos. Georges and his coaches are very careful about people taping his training.

So there's videos of gsp rolling with many great bjj'ers, gsp wrestling with high level wrestlers, but sparring? That's off limits lmfao....
2/28/13 4:30 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
Mike Russell - 
KingOfFighters -
ShatsBassoon - 
KingOfFighters - 

So there's videos of gsp rolling with many great bjj'ers, gsp wrestling with high level wrestlers, but sparring? That's off limits lmfao....

Find any video out there though of GSP doing any more then light sparring on video.  It doesn't exist.  And if you actually think that someone can become as good of a fighter as he is, and recover like he did in the Condit fight, without actual hard sparring, then you are just fucking dumb.

2/28/13 4:41 PM
KingOfFighters

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
KingOfFighters - 
Mike Russell - 
KingOfFighters -
ShatsBassoon - 
KingOfFighters - 

Find any video out there though of GSP doing any more then light sparring on video.  It doesn't exist.  And if you actually think that someone can become as good of a fighter as he is, and recover like he did in the Condit fight, without actual hard sparring, then you are just fucking dumb.

Fuck you tenor, he's on the record saying he doesn't believe that hard sparring benefits him in anyway, and that it's hazardous to his health.

So you can babble all you want like a female, but as a man I believe in facts. This guy has videos of him doing everything from training, rolling, wrestling, hitting pads.......only thing that missing is sparring, yet you still want to believe he spars great boxers, and k-1 level strikers? He doesn't. Go look up that article when he went to go train with thai boxers, he never sparred any of them either.
2/28/13 4:54 PM
sacredhate
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Gonzo - Clearly hard sparring is the way to go based on your accomplishments KoF, lol @ GSP walking around like he's the champ.

the second half of this comment sums up what matters to me.

it seems like we're now into a debate about whether or not GSP does "hard sparrring" and quite frankly i don't care.

and to believe that when he trained with tiger muay thai none of them did anything but hold the pads.

All i can say is that his approach is working.
2/28/13 6:54 PM
Ansari
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - you still want to believe he spars great boxers, and k-1 level strikers? He doesn't.
2/28/13 7:45 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
Mike Russell - 
KingOfFighters -
ShatsBassoon - 
KingOfFighters - 

You're an idiot. 

2/28/13 8:45 PM
ShatsBassoon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
Mike Russell - 
KingOfFighters -
ShatsBassoon - 
KingOfFighters - 

Hold on here, you're the one making the claims that he doesn't spar. Where is your proof of that argument?

The onus is on you to provide proof of your "claims." The claims that GSP does in fact spar is documented in the  article posted. The only thing you have provided is word of mouth? 

Please!!

2/28/13 9:01 PM
PrettyBoy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is the smartest guy in MMA when it comes to his training. Dude is a monster.
2/28/13 11:57 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like Bute handed him his ass. Pretty humble of GSP to put himself into that type of situation for training.
3/1/13 12:28 AM
rundymc

KingOfFighters - 
ShatsBassoon - 
KingOfFighters - 

He has 40lbs on Pacquiao brother. Read: Dangerous for Pac.

He is also MUCH less skilled a boxer than Pacquiao, who is among the best in the world. Read: Dangerous for Georges.

There is no way they would risk it. This isn't BJJ where competing at absolute and sparring with much larger guys is both safe and accepted. A concussion isn't something to risk for a pro fighter.
3/1/13 12:30 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/01/13 12:30 AM

KingOfFighters - 

Go to 0:56 mark.

You lose, retard.  

3/1/13 1:22 AM
KingOfFighters

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

KingOfFighters - 

Go to 0:56 mark.

You lose, retard.  

Lmfao@that video showing him pitter pattering with some guy, that ain't sparring son, that's just working out. Gsp is an idiot, saying he's sparred with better boxers than nick diaz. Diaz has sparred with andre ward, james toney (gsp on the record saying why the fuck would he spar carwin, like a puss), omar henry etc etc...

Bute is a bum, and no where near the quality of andre ward, for him to say something arrogant like that is really stupid of him.

He brings in jerome le banner, and he's doing the same pitter pat shit in the video above. His reaction speed isn't tested, neither is his footwork, general mobilty, nor is his defense.

so he's "sparring" with all these guys, and still fights the same after all these years, using that jab which is very effective, that lame 1-2+ leg kick, and super man punch.
3/1/13 1:58 AM
SoupCan
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofFighters enjoys eating cock, someone SN bet this bitch and watch him tuck Phone Post
3/1/13 2:07 AM
KingOfFighters

SoupCan -  KingofFighters enjoys eating cock, someone SN bet this bitch and watch him tuck Phone Post

Fuck you bitch, your gay lover gsp loves cock, mid 30' no woman, never goes on dates, no children, rather hang out with a bunch of guys at a gym on his off time.
3/1/13 2:15 AM
GelderdEnd

Lucian Bute didn't even look like an amateur in his fight with Carl Froch Phone Post
3/1/13 2:17 AM
SoupCan
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
SoupCan -  KingofFighters enjoys eating cock, someone SN bet this bitch and watch him tuck Phone Post

Fuck you bitch, your gay lover gsp loves cock, mid 30' no woman, never goes on dates, no children, rather hang out with a bunch of guys at a gym on his off time.
Your such a loser, any GSP thread your all over with your butthurt. Phone Post
3/1/13 2:21 AM
KingOfFighters

SoupCan - 
KingOfFighters -

You're the homosexual defending him as if he was your lover. Which is understanding considering most of gsp's fans, are women, and homosexuals.
3/1/13 2:24 AM
SoupCan

KingOfFighters -
SoupCan - 
KingOfFighters -

You're the homosexual defending him as if he was your lover. Which is understanding considering most of gsp's fans, are women, and homosexuals.
I actually haven't said anything in his defense, I said you enjoy cock. Phone Post
3/1/13 4:10 AM
Mark Bocek
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP will smoke Diaz... Phone Post
3/1/13 4:30 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some UG'er were there when GSP first came to Renzo's, well before his own blackbelt. He took a class, was respectful and rolled with the bluebelts, then he went and trained/rolled with the best f the best. GSP seems to want to train with people better than him in all disciplines (olympic wrestlers, top BJJ guys, world level pro boxers, top Thai fighters) and that's why he's without question the best.

3/1/13 7:32 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz should call Carl Froch into his camp he really made Bute his bitch! So much so Bute didn't even want the rematch he was entitled to! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.