UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stefan Struve: "I'm a 265 lbs, seven-foot monster.

2/28/13 6:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Stefan Struve: "I'm a 265 lbs, seven-foot monster."

I though Miocic was going to annihilate Struve, but somehow Struve keeps on winning. When he get's his jab working he is one of the best strikers in the HW division. How close u guy's think he is to a title shot?

2/28/13 6:18 PM
chokeyou

lol

Have they let him fight anyone i've heard of yet?
2/28/13 6:19 PM
RJJH
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he forgot to add

"with a chin like Jonathan Goulet"

2/28/13 6:20 PM
RJJH
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/28/13 6:28 PM
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH -

/thread Phone Post
2/28/13 6:33 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Struve via sub
2/28/13 6:33 PM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's got the heart, with improved defense and I agree on the better jab, and struve could be a real monster. Phone Post
2/28/13 6:35 PM
HexRei

The Gumball Kid - First thought: He weighs 265?

that or damn close. he's come in a few pounds light, and he looks skinny, but weight increases volumetrically. Even a pretty skinny guy at 6'11" or whatever is going to weigh a lot.
2/28/13 6:35 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see Struve got his weight up so he has to actually cut down to 265. He should benefit from having more muscle on his frame.

I think this will be a great fight, either Hunt will get the early KO, Struve will get the sub or Struve will get the decision.

I don't actually think Struve has a terrible chin (contrary to popular belief), in the UFC he has been KO'd by JDS which is nothing to be ashamed of, Roy Nelson who is one of the heaviest hitters at HW and Travis Browne who is an athletic monster and a top rated prospect before he lost to Bigfoot.

I think Struve has a better chance than most people think. Phone Post
2/28/13 6:39 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
858 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Struve!

2/28/13 6:40 PM
RJJH

Fraser_Finlay -  Glad to see Struve got his weight up so he has to actually cut down to 265. He should benefit from having more muscle on his frame.

I think this will be a great fight, either Hunt will get the early KO, Struve will get the sub or Struve will get the decision.

I don't actually think Struve has a terrible chin (contrary to popular belief), in the UFC he has been KO'd by JDS which is nothing to be ashamed of, Roy Nelson who is one of the heaviest hitters at HW and Travis Browne who is an athletic monster and a top rated prospect before he lost to Bigfoot.

I can say with confidence that Hunt hits harder than all 3 of those guys.

I like Struve, but if Hunt hits him, Struve is done for.

2/28/13 6:46 PM
RJJH

ImA2TimeLoser - 
RJJH -
Fraser_Finlay -  Glad to see Struve got his weight up so he has to actually cut down to 265. He should benefit from having more muscle on his frame.

If Struve grabs a limb, hunt is down for. Phone Post

possibly, but I think that is going to be MUCH harder to do than Hunt ko'ing Struve.

2/28/13 6:49 PM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/28/13 6:50 PM
hubris
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR HUNT
2/28/13 6:53 PM
muaythai1622
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like both guys, but I'm going with hunt on this one. He keeps it standing, I don't think Struve has the power to ko hunt, so hunt by ko 2nd Phone Post
2/28/13 6:53 PM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Bulked right up

2/28/13 6:57 PM
caseharts
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ImA2TimeLoser -
RJJH -

Hunts wrestling defense had improved a lot. Phone Post
2/28/13 7:02 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
ImA2TimeLoser -
RJJH -

I think Struve is going to pull guard and get a submission off of his back pretty quickly. Phone Post
2/28/13 7:03 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH -

I absolutely agree. Hunt can KO anyone in the world if he connects flush, easy.

I just hope Struve uses his reach and his jab to make sure Hunt can't close the distance to land that big punch. If Struve can wear Hunt down and tire him out then the big KO punch will be easier to avoid.

This should be a great fight, I'm looking forward to it. Phone Post
2/28/13 7:05 PM
caseharts
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
caseharts -
ImA2TimeLoser -
RJJH -

I think Struve is going to pull guard and get a submission off of his back pretty quickly. Phone Post
Possible but hunts ground game may not be his strong suit is better than johnsons. We shall see Phone Post
2/28/13 7:09 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou - lol

Miocic, Johnson and Barry aren't enough? He has proved he can beat great strikers since his loss to Browne
2/28/13 7:15 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually got to 7,3....he is still going through puberty
2/28/13 7:16 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
caseharts -
ImA2TimeLoser -
RJJH -

That is exactly how I see it happening.
2/28/13 7:28 PM
MJM1912

chokeyou - lol

You've never heard of Junior Dos Santos? Or the UG's own, Sean McCorkle? Poor form.
2/28/13 7:43 PM
muaythai1622
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid -
Pancake Syrup - Also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually got to 7,3....he is still going through puberty

what
Um....no Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.